Croatian currency

Northumbrialass

We were there this past summer and they accepted euros with no problem in cafes and shops. We did not go to Split but because it is so popular I would expect euros to work just fine

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in Dubrovnik last May. Euros were fine in most places but you had to pay in Kuna if you wanted to walk the walls....you can pay by CC or Kuna cash...NO Euros accepted. We changed some ££S into Kuna...and used them ! We just used ATMs and there were plenty of them.

Walls were worth the walk !!!

Hope that helps.

Edited by jollyjoyce
Incorrect advise

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll use Euros and CC. I would love to walk the walls at Dubrovnik.

Best advise I can give you is get off the ship as early as possible and do the walk on the walls as early as you can as it gets very hot and very crowded as the day goes on. I think we were in town about 10.30....not the crack of dawn LOL.

Joyce

Best advise I can give you is get off the ship as early as possible and do the walk on the walls as early as you can as it gets very hot and very crowded as the day goes on. I think we were in town about 10.30....not the crack of dawn LOL.

Joyce

Where you there in March? We were there in May and it was cool and rainy so we waited until afternoon when the rain let up, and it was still cool enough to be delightful.

Where you there in March? We were there in May and it was cool and rainy so we waited until afternoon when the rain let up, and it was still cool enough to be delightful.

It was early May but it really got warm towards lunchtime......but more than the temperature being a factor, it got busier and busier on the wall itself as the morning went on. We were pleased we did it early. Looks like we were lucky with the weather as we didn’t have any rain on the trip.

It was early May but it really got warm towards lunchtime......but more than the temperature being a factor, it got busier and busier on the wall itself as the morning went on. We were pleased we did it early. Looks like we were lucky with the weather as we didn’t have any rain on the trip.

We will in Dubrovnik from 08.00 until 21.00, 13 hours on Saturday 17th March, so weather will probably not be too hot, however if it rains a guess the walls could be very slippery, therefore I'll be wearing my walking shoes. It's good to know that Viking are offering a shuttle bus service. I found the shuttle buses very useful when we had our Baltic cruise in 2016.

• 4 weeks later...
We will in Dubrovnik from 08.00 until 21.00, 13 hours on Saturday 17th March, so weather will probably not be too hot, however if it rains a guess the walls could be very slippery, therefore I'll be wearing my walking shoes. It's good to know that Viking are offering a shuttle bus service. I found the shuttle buses very useful when we had our Baltic cruise in 2016.

Remember to bring their local coins with you ! We had to use the local facilities during our time in Dubrovnik and had only Euro’s and I was out of luck . If you wanted to make a few bucks get a bunch of their coins and sit outside of the Men’s room .You can play “What’s your price “

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Remember to bring their local coins with you ! We had to use the local facilities during our time in Dubrovnik and had only Euro’s and I was out of luck . If you wanted to make a few bucks get a bunch of their coins and sit outside of the Men’s room .You can play “What’s your price “

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also saw this sign, we didn't have any Kuna currency or a 1 Euro coin so ended up at a bar, buying a beer and a coffee and using the loo. Now back home the credit card payment has arrived it cost us about £13.00. However bar was on the main street through the old town and it was nice spot to people watch. Dubrovnik is a lovely easy place to walk around. We didn't have time to walk the walls, we were told by our guide there were about 800 steps in total around the walls. How true this is I don't know. Please be careful if it has been raining the pavement could be very slippery. The streets are hundreds of years old and millions of people over the centuries have walked these street therefore the stone has little or no grip in the wet.