deluxe veranda

imcpa

My wife & I are considering a 15 day cruise on the Orion. We will most likely book a DV and I have a few questions I hope someone can answer...

1. From the pics I see, I don't see any drawers for clothes, etc in the stateroom. Are they in the closet? Does anyone have any pics of the closet open?

2. As I understand it, if we purchase the Silver Spirits bev package, no alcohol is included in the stateroom, but we can order it through room service. If we order a meal from room service and ask for 4 or 5 glasses of

champagne with it, will they deliver that ,or will they tell us it has to be one at a time?

3. Does the pool grill offer a salmon wrap or any other healthy options with substance (ie: no salads)?

4. Does the gym have free weights? It does not look like it in the pics.

5. Does room service breakfast last longer than breakfast hours in the restaurant?

I will probably have other questions as it gets closer. Thanks for the help.

The Star, Sea and Sky do not have drawers in the closet in addition to the drawers already in the cabin. The Sun does but I am not going to assume that the Orion will as well.

Here is the view that is missing from the 360° view of the Viking website: the entrance corridor. Not seen in the photo is the shelf above the coffee maker. Below the coffee maker is the safe and then three drawers below. Some people ask the steward to remove the coffee maker so that they use that space as well. The closet has five fee of hanging space plus a shelf the whole length of the closet above it. These photos are from the Sea.

enhance

enhance

My wife & I are considering a 15 day cruise on the Orion. We will most likely book a DV and I have a few questions I hope someone can answer...

1. From the pics I see, I don't see any drawers for clothes, etc in the stateroom. Are they in the closet? Does anyone have any pics of the closet open?

2. As I understand it, if we purchase the Silver Spirits bev package, no alcohol is included in the stateroom, but we can order it through room service. If we order a meal from room service and ask for 4 or 5 glasses of

champagne with it, will they deliver that ,or will they tell us it has to be one at a time?

3. Does the pool grill offer a salmon wrap or any other healthy options with substance (ie: no salads)?

4. Does the gym have free weights? It does not look like it in the pics.

5. Does room service breakfast last longer than breakfast hours in the restaurant?

I will probably have other questions as it gets closer. Thanks for the help.

We drink copious amounts of champagne and found the Silver Spirits Drink packager only covers drinks up to $15.00. Champagne is $16.00/glass. I believe Prosecco is covered, however. Also, Viking will let you bring as bottles on board unlike many other lines that confiscate them until the end of the cruise. We will be looking for a liquor store prior to our boarding in March.

We drink copious amounts of champagne and found the Silver Spirits Drink packager only covers drinks up to $15.00. Champagne is $16.00/glass. I believe Prosecco is covered, however. Also, Viking will let you bring as bottles on board unlike many other lines that confiscate them until the end of the cruise. We will be looking for a liquor store prior to our boarding in March.

I also saw on a menu from MVJ that there is a Viking sparkling wine by the glass.

I do like that Viking give everyone plentry of options about beverages: wine and beer included during lunch and dinner times, the Sliver Spirit package for about $20,00 per day ( On Celebrity their premium package is $40+ a day), one can bring liquor or wine aboard , no limit and no corkage fee. Enough optins to satisfy everyones taste and drinking habits IMO.

Don't forget the two drawers and the shelves in the bathroom.

Also, you can leave next week's clothes (or your freshly laundered laundry) in your cases under the beds. Why do people have to empty their cases on arrival and then complain about insufficient drawer space? I've never understood this.

Peregrina651, thanks for the great pics. That's very helpful. We go to the gym everyday, so that's extra clothes packed. We're going to want more drawers, but we'll get by somehow.

molemaui, $16 for a glass of champagne seems silly on a cruise as I assume it is not that expensive of a brand; can't tell since it appears to be branded for them. I'll be fine with sticking with Prosecco.

We rarely seem to make normal breakfast and lunch hours since we vacation on "vacation time", so we order room service often before dinner. Can we order multiple glasses of Prosecco with one order (say, 4 or 5) to last for both of us, or will Viking say only one a time per order?

Peregrina651, thanks for the great pics. That's very helpful. We go to the gym everyday, so that's extra clothes packed. We're going to want more drawers, but we'll get by somehow.

molemaui, $16 for a glass of champagne seems silly on a cruise as I assume it is not that expensive of a brand; can't tell since it appears to be branded for them. I'll be fine with sticking with Prosecco.

We rarely seem to make normal breakfast and lunch hours since we vacation on "vacation time", so we order room service often before dinner. Can we order multiple glasses of Prosecco with one order (say, 4 or 5) to last for both of us, or will Viking say only one a time per order?

I agree-Prosecco is fine. Got spoiled, just of a cruise last Sunday where Champagne was flowing the entire trip. Virtually every afternoon we had a bottle on our veranda and just about everywhere else.

Virtually every afternoon we had a bottle on our veranda and just about everywhere else.

That is what we are used to, having sailed SS, Crystal, Regent, Paul Gauguin and Windstar (with the beverage package). I love sitting on the verandah drinking champagne and it sounds like I will have to bring a few from a bar or call room service every time I want to do this on Viking since we will be in a DV. Not the best arrangement for a premium cruise, but things could definitely be worse.

That is what we are used to, having sailed SS, Crystal, Regent, Paul Gauguin and Windstar (with the beverage package). I love sitting on the verandah drinking champagne and it sounds like I will have to bring a few from a bar or call room service every time I want to do this on Viking since we will be in a DV. Not the best arrangement for a premium cruise, but things could definitely be worse.

Silversea is what we just sailed. Flawless in everything. Am looking forward to not having to dress up on Viking, however.

But we still have no idea yet if Orion is being fitted with drawers in the closet (halfway up one side), so you may be delightfully surprised.

I did not see the question answered about multiple drinks delivered to room. We did not have the package, but I would assume you can only get one drink at a time - hope somebody can answer.

I will be disappointed if that is the case but I expect it to be for room service. At the bars, it better not be. If I was not on the package, I could order several and take them to my room, so I better still be able to do that.

We took the coffee maker and put it on the top shelf of our closet...didn't even think to ask our cabin steward to take it out. The shelf that it took up gave us a lot more space and we used it like a drawer...do agree that there was not enough drawer space. And I am one who unpacks everything...I don't want to go digging under the bed inside my luggage for stuff. We were on a 3 week cruise and we did just fine after removing the coffee maker.

I have heard that you can order drinks along with room service...we did not get the Silver package...but we had friends that ordered room service that only had the included beer and wine and when they asked for 4 glasses they were delivered with their meal. We never had room service so cannot say with first hand experience.

Edited by stretchcruz

The pool grill offered grilled ahi tuna, I don't think I remember any salmon. There was a salad bar, with fresh veggies, and fruit as well.

That sounds great. Ahi tuna is great option and fresh veggies are always good. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be disappointed if that is the case but I expect it to be for room service. At the bars, it better not be. If I was not on the package, I could order several and take them to my room, so I better still be able to do that.

I think the only items you can order on room service is what’s on their menu and drinks are not on it . You do have a refrigerator in your room ( stocked with single service bottles) so that should be even easier than picking up your phone .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the only items you can order on room service is what’s on their menu and drinks are not on it . You do have a refrigerator in your room ( stocked with single service bottles) so that should be even easier than picking up your phone .

Actually, a couple of people have talked about ordering drinks and having them delivered to the cabin. And when I was sick on our last cruise, I was able to order a bowl of chicken soup at dinner time because it was being served in one of the dining rooms.

First of all, No one said that Viking was a premium cruise line , not even the owner . He said that you will like the quality and friendliness of the crew, but he never said that he was starting a premium cruise line . I could see if you had purchased a explorer suite or the owner’s suit but you are purchasing a middle category cabin and everything that goes with it .