Gdansk or Stutthof Concentratiion Camp

DOBIN OF THE SEA

Our ship will dock next year at the port of Gydnia, whilst I am very interested in visiting the Concentration Camp I am aware that if I were to get a taxi from the port to the camp that this may take me in excess of 90 minutes travel each way and be quite expensive. For those of you have been to the camp could you please let me know what you thought about your visit, not knowing what time we dock or have to return to the ship would I have plenty of time to complete my own tour of the camp without watching the clock all day ?

I have seen pictures of Gdansk and it does look a lovely place, again for those of you that have been what would be the best way in completing a tour of the city, I also would like to know your points of view regarding the museum of the second world war would this be a good substitute for not going to the camp ?

Where would you suggest that we visit as a must and perhaps miss as not being that worthwhile ?

We have been to Gdansk in the past and is a lovely place to visit. We went with Princess and they did a Gdansk excursion "Gdansk on your own" where they just took you by coach and dropped you off and then walked you to the bridge over the river at the edge of town and then left us to do our own thing. I believe you can catch a train from Gdynia to Gdansk which would be cheaper but do not know how easy it is.

We also did the Gdansk trip being dropped off at the bridge. However the traffic can be really bad on the return and on some occasions the ship has to wait for the returning passengers on these trips.

I would not personally make my own way because of this bearing in mind that the ship only delays departure for it's own organised tours.