Getting from Prague to Nuremburg

Wendalla

My husband and I are taking the July 7th Danube cruise on the Viking Odin. This will be the first river cruise for us. Before the cruise, we plan to spend a few days in Prague on our own (not through Viking) and was wondering if anyone out there has had experience getting from Prague to Nuremburg. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wendy

There is a piblic bus service. If you make your reservation ahead of time, it will be about 20 eiros per person. It is an express double decker bus. Train travel not great. We bought a 2nd class ticket--they are on top deck.--better for veiwing scenery. Pat

We're doing the pre cruise in Prague on our own too, but doing the cruise with AMA Waterways in May. We were able to purchased the transfer from AMA to take us from Prague to the embarkation port (Regensburg). All we have to do is board the bus at the hotel where the other people who purchased the pre cruise are staying. So you might want to check with Viking to see if they will do the same as AMA.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Because we are doing 3 days on our own, and not through Viking, they will not allow us to "hitch a ride" on their bus. I see there is an express bus outside the train station in Prague, but I am having trouble navigating the site.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There is a piblic bus service. If you make your reservation ahead of time, it will be about 20 eiros per person. It is an express double decker bus. Train travel not great. We bought a 2nd class ticket--they are on top deck.--better for veiwing scenery. Pat

I have taken this bus and it was great. No stops and goes between the train stations in both cities. I would also recommend 2nd class travel. If I remember, I think 1st class had a tray/table as well to play cards on.