Touring Bermuda, any recommendations?

BarnCat1

We're docked for two days this summer. First trip to Bermuda with family, 5 of us, no kids.

Should we attempt to tour the island using taxi's and ferry service or take a 5-6 hour tour with a company?

Ship excursion or local company? Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to answer without having more information about what you like to do besides just seeing the island. Also, do you typically enjoy organized tours or do you prefer to go out and explore on your own? I think that is the most important question to answer when deciding how to best tour the island.

Personally, I found Bermuda so easy to get around using the ferries and the occasional bus that I would not pay for an excursion. We will be back this summer and we plan to get a 2 or 3 day pass. The ferry is also a very nice way of seeing the island from the water. The official website currently has the winter schedule, but you can see the maps and rates for a one day/ two day/ three day/ etc. pass. Note that the passes are good for both ferries and buses. We preferred the ferry but did take one or two buses when the schedule was more convenient. You can find more information here: http://www.rccbermuda.bm/Documents/Ferry/Winter%20Schedule%202018_Web.pdf

All this said, if you think you would prefer getting a day pass to a hotel or going to a beach and spending most of your time in one place, a pass may not be the most economical way to travel and you could find that a taxi or tour or individual ferry tickets better meets your needs.

It's a wonderful island and I'm sure you will have a great time!

It's hard to answer without having more information about what you like to do besides just seeing the island. Also, do you typically enjoy organized tours or do you prefer to go out and explore on your own? I think that is the most important question to answer when deciding how to best tour the island.

Personally, I found Bermuda so easy to get around using the ferries and the occasional bus that I would not pay for an excursion. We will be back this summer and we plan to get a 2 or 3 day pass. The ferry is also a very nice way of seeing the island from the water. The official website currently has the winter schedule, but you can see the maps and rates for a one day/ two day/ three day/ etc. pass. Note that the passes are good for both ferries and buses. We preferred the ferry but did take one or two buses when the schedule was more convenient. You can find more information here: http://www.rccbermuda.bm/Documents/Ferry/Winter%20Schedule%202018_Web.pdf

All this said, if you think you would prefer getting a day pass to a hotel or going to a beach and spending most of your time in one place, a pass may not be the most economical way to travel and you could find that a taxi or tour or individual ferry tickets better meets your needs.

Thank you for the information. A few of our party would prefer a guided tour and a few of us don't mind doing it on our own.

With that being said, we could always take a guided tour and go and see other things that it may have missed or that we want to see again since we are there for 2 days. The ship offers a guided tour and I read about a company called Ricky's Tours that sounds similar to the ships excursion, but less money. No one is really interested in staying at the beach, but definitely visiting the beach.

You may also want to do an internet search on specific interests you have i.e. art in Bermuda, music in Bermuda, snorkeling in Bermuda, architecture in Bermuda etc... and possibly find things you will want to do or places to go...

This is how we are approaching our trip there in August..

bon voyage

You mentioned a day pass to a hotel? Do you know which hotels offer those or where I can find some information in regard to that?

You mentioned a day pass to a hotel? Do you know which hotels offer those or where I can find some information in regard to that?

Only 2:

Coco Reef Resort: http://www.resortforaday.com/Bermuda-Day-Pass-s/1852.htm

Elbow Beach Resort: https://www.resortforaday.com/Bermuda-Day-Pass-Elbow-Beach-Resort-p/bdaeb-h.htm (this link may not be properly working)

SBtS

Here's a working link for Elbow Beach Resort day pass info:

https://www.viator.com/tours/Bermuda/Bermuda-Shore-Excursion-Elbow-Beach-Resort-Day-Pass/d966-9444P16

SBtS

Heidi. (Byways Tours)

Her grandad was the lighthouse keeper.

Terrific insight into the history and culture of Bermuda.

Google her reviews and make reservation sooner than later- she gets booked up way in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Her tours are the best!

Laura

• 3 weeks later...
Hamilton or St. George? We have never been to Bermuda before and have only one day to visit. Need your advice as to how to spend our limited time on the island.

For advice on a one day visit it would be desirable for you to provide the date, the ship, arrival and departure time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk