3 or 4 adults sharing a cabin P&O Oriana, any experiences please

thriftycrafter

I did 4 days on oriana in 2012 on the 175th aniversery cruise 4 adults my parents who are in their 70's and me and my brother it wasn't good by the end luckily it finished saturday morning so i had 2 days to sleep before i went back to work you all start getting grumpy with each othe especialy as my brother is a messy so and so which caused friction the bathrooms arn't designed with 4 adults in mind either and there is a lack of wardrobe space as well. This was an outside cabin we needed to reduce the cost as we had already done the med on azura that year.

We have managed fine but we don’t spend much time in the cabin. The main pinch point is the bathroom before dinner. It is advisable to have some sort of rota. Ours worked on the early showerers got pre prandial tipple!

OMG I wouldn't have thought so. What sort of cabin. We have had insides and outsides. Just about room enough for two. Can you get 4 in a Balcony or suite?

We always have a balcony cabin and I would not want to have 4 people in one of them. We have had a 4 year old with us on 2 occasions and that was more than enough. I can't speak for a suite as we never stayed in one.

Plenty of room! Even in inside cabin. We shared a cabin for four a few years ago (inside). There were four adults. Gets a it but crowded when getting dressed for dinner but we did a rota. My husband and daughter's fiance changed first then went to the bar and waited for my daughter and I to get ready. No problems :D:D:D

We have had 3 in a balcony cabin and that was just fine but if I am being honest I don't think 4 would have been, for us anyway.

The balcony was certainly useful to get at least someone out of the way while one used the bathroom and the other the dressing table.

I spent 3 weeks on Oriana with 3 adults in an inside cabin and it was fine. You do need to be organised and have a bathroom rota of sorts, but none of us spent much time in the cabin anyway. the biggest issue was which of us was the fittest to climb into the upper berth!

It is important to divide up the drawers etc before unpacking, taking care to allocate wardrobe rail space so that evening dresses can hang correctly. Extra hangers are usually available from your steward, who will also store your cases, saving cabin space. You may find one hair dryer is not enough. A set of small pegs will help with overnight smalls drying! All the best:cool:.

49 cruises 17 ships 3 liners

Edited by joro44
Spelling

We are looking at a last minute family cruise and this is an option, has anyone tried 4 adults in a cabin, did you all survive? Is there enough room?

Plenty of room, no problem at all. Of course there isn't room for all four of you to move around in the cabin at the same time, but then you never need to.

If you all insist on showering twice a day, that might slow the job down a bit.