Children turning 2 on cruise

DevonianCruiser

Hi

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, our daughter turns 2 the day after the start of a cruise we want to book. We want to know if she can go in the children’s club from the second day on (be left to play), or does she have to be 2 at the start of the cruise? It’s an odd one as she’ll turn 2 literally 7 or 8 hours after sailing.

I’ve phoned P&O who weren’t sure so they originally told me I need to book the cruise and the they will email the children’s club manager to ask. Problem is we wouldn’t book the cruise unless we knew that for definite. So now they are going to email to ask but might not hear back for a few days, so I thought I’d ask here.

Thanks

I think it will probably depend on how many children they have in the age category on that particular cruise. Our teenage son was in a similar situation; he crossed over into a different kids' club age band a day or so into our cruise, so we asked if he could go into the older age group from the start and were told no because they were already at the limits for the age group. I know it might not be strictly relevant for your toddler, but I thought I'd post just to give you an idea of how P&O's thinking might work.

I think it will probably depend on how many children they have in the age category on that particular cruise. Our teenage son was in a similar situation; he crossed over into a different kids' club age band a day or so into our cruise, so we asked if he could go into the older age group from the start and were told no because they were already at the limits for the age group. I know it might not be strictly relevant for your toddler, but I thought I'd post just to give you an idea of how P&O's thinking might work.

Yes that’s helpful, many thanks :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Our son turned 2 on the first full day of our cruise on Azura in 2011. We were allowed to leave him to play on his own from his birthday, but not on the first day we boarded when he was still 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This makes a lot of sense to me as "Splashers" is for 2 - 4 year olds without supervision. 1 year olds can attend with supervision of a parent, so if they have accepted your cruise booking they have capacity available within the club for child plus the parent. If they did not have capacity within the club your cruise booking should have been declined. So after child turns 2 they will end up with more space within the club as parent then has to leave the venue freeing up space!

Regards John