Cruise documents are on their way!

Twitchly

Just got an email from Viking to say our cruise documents are on their way! I have no idea what they are, but I’m starting to feel like this is actually going to happen! We booked this cruise nearly 10 months ago. It’s just starting to feel real.

Please pardon my obvious over-excitement. I’m sure once we’re seasoned cruisers I’ll be more bearable. :)

So ... what are cruise documents?

Just got an email from Viking to say our cruise documents are on their way! I have no idea what they are, but I’m starting to feel like this is actually going to happen! We booked this cruise nearly 10 months ago. It’s just starting to feel real.

Please pardon my obvious over-excitement. I’m sure once we’re seasoned cruisers I’ll be more bearable. :)

It will be a zippered pouch with your cruise document booklet (containing your cruise info, deck plans, ports-of-call info, excursion info, helpful hints, etc.), a couple of red, Viking-logo luggage ID tags, lapel stickers you can put on at the airport so the Viking staff can more-easily locate you, and luggage tags with your cabin number on them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with getting excited before a cruise. :D Hope you have a great time.

Finally payment is also a big milestone but who is going to dance and sing about that?? So, cruise docs are a reason to celebrate and, at least for me, it never gets old. I love docs day because it means that departure day is almost here--and I better stop thinking about packing and get to work.

Here are a few tips about the contents of the package:

• Read the booklet. If your travel agent hasn't already done so, make sure the personal details are correct--names, sail date, flights, cabin number, etc. The booklet is full of helpful information.
  • Use the red Viking luggage tags, especially on your carry-on bags; they are conversation starters, "Are you on my cruise?"
  • Do not apply the round red sticker or the personalized luggage tags until you have retrieved your luggage. The red sticker will help the Viking agents find you; put it on only if you have Viking transfers. The preprinted tags are not for the airlines use. Besides the fact that they contain a lot of detailed information about who you are and where you are going, they can get torn off in transit The pre-printed tags are so that Viking can deliver your bags to your cabin. Even though we travel with carry-on bags only, if we have Viking transfers, we hand over bags over to Viking for transfer to the ship.

970d62ce77fd49db75df7eb01c5ee06f.jpg