P&O's Arcadia in Auckland 19 Feb

Tues 20 -

Just checked AIS Marine tracker and they are supposed to be in the Bay of Islands today. The tracker shows that they went in but then turned around ansd sailed away.

9 am and they are heading off to Sydney .

It was probably too rough to tender and now they are trying to get across the Tasman while it is a bit smoother and can go a bit slower for a more comfortable ride.

It was probably too rough to tender and now they are trying to get across the Tasman while it is a bit smoother and can go a bit slower for a more comfortable ride.

Yeah...allowing themselves time to head further north. Golden Princess is up there too, but she has to head over to Melbourne....oops.:eek:

The Golden can probably handle the larger seas a little better but then it will still be rough.

Having both on Golden Princess, around South America and on Arcadia, Syd-Southampton, might I say both are reasonable in the big seas, Golden handled 10 metre seas around Cape Horn not too badly and Arcadia The Bight and Bay of Biscay with 7 metre strong swells quite well. I would travel on both again. I wuld say Arcadia is the better handling, not quite as top heavy as Golden.

But sure, both rock and rolled when the going was tough in the Force 10-11 Gales.:halo:

The Tasman will put them to the test.