Is Torshaven the place to be for late night cruisers?

Azulann

Trying to get ducks in a row before my sailing

Some posts lament the meager entertainment at night beyond the show in thearter.

What has been your experience of Torshavn?

From my MVJ:

Torshavn

A lively music venue reminiscent of romantic jazz lounges of 1940s Hollywood, Torshavn is ideal for pre-dinner drinks and after-dinner entertainment. Enjoy a classic martini, stirred to perfection; savor the finest quality Armagnac; take in the melodic tunes of jazz singers and piano plays; and enjoy late-night cabarets by an inspiring troupe of singers and dancers. All in an intimate setting that invites music lovers to linger.

Edited by Azulann

Trying to get ducks in a row before my sailing

Some posts lament the meager entertainment at night beyond the show in thearter.

What has been your experience of Torshavn?

From my MVJ:

Torshavn

A lively music venue reminiscent of romantic jazz lounges of 1940s Hollywood, Torshavn is ideal for pre-dinner drinks and after-dinner entertainment. Enjoy a classic martini, stirred to perfection; savor the finest quality Armagnac; take in the melodic tunes of jazz singers and piano plays; and enjoy late-night cabarets by an inspiring troupe of singers and dancers. All in an intimate setting that invites music lovers to linger.

We went to Torshavn a few nights. The band was very good and there were quite a few people dancing. People came and went while we were there. We aren’t late night people. We like to be up early and get out touring. We did hear however that some people did stay quite late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went to Torshavn a few nights. The band was very good and there were quite a few people dancing. People came and went while we were there. We aren’t late night people. We like to be up early and get out touring. We did hear however that some people did stay quite late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We saw the same thing on our Viking Sea cruise earlier this month. The late-night band in Torshavn was very good at keeping the dance floor busy. The venue may have been “reminiscent of romantic jazz lounges of 1940s Hollywood,” but the music was more rock (with some slow songs peppered throughout) than jazz. The 6-member band (a man and woman vocalists and 4 musicians) did a great job IMHO. I only heard 1 or 2 songs repeated during our 11-day cruise. The guitar soloist also performed in there a couple of times earlier in the evening.

Just disembarked the Sky on Feb 11; we stayed until closing at least three nights at Torshavn. The band is quite amiable and talented. We had so much fun we just booked the TA on the Sky departing Mar 4 from San Juan to Barcelona.

Welcome. Please join the Roll Call see you onboard.

Just disembarked the Sky on Feb 11; we stayed until closing at least three nights at Torshavn. The band is quite amiable and talented. We had so much fun we just booked the TA on the Sky departing Mar 4 from San Juan to Barcelona.

You’ll be bringing it over for us, then! :) We pick it up in Barcelona mid-April.

Glad to hear you had such a great time!