Barcelona Airport Taxi Van?????

Jason26

Family and friends will be arriving into the BCN airport. 6 total, each carrying a normal checked bag, carryon and backpacks. How difficult will it be to obtain a single taxi van that can accommodate all 6 of us with luggage to our hotel in town. We’ll be arriving in Termal 1. We all want to stay together and do not want to ride the bus. Really want to stay away from the metro as well.

Also, what should I expect the total cost to be, assuming this is even possible.

Thanks!!!!!

Family and friends will be arriving into the BCN airport. 6 total, each carrying a normal checked bag, carryon and backpacks. How difficult will it be to obtain a single taxi van that can accommodate all 6 of us with luggage to our hotel in town. We’ll be arriving in Termal 1. We all want to stay together and do not want to ride the bus. Really want to stay away from the metro as well.

Also, what should I expect the total cost to be, assuming this is even possible.

Thanks!!!!!

We've always booked our transfers before we go in fact we get our travel agent to do it and as we're not worried about having a private transfer we usually end up in a mini van with other passengers, in fact the last time we went to Barcelona I think that there were 8 of us in there (only two of us in our party). I can't tell you what the cost was because as I already mentioned we booked it with our cruise/hotel/flight but if you pre-book their shouldn't be any surprises. Sorry I can't remember the name of the company but I'm sure that there are plenty of others on here who will be able to recommend someone or do a search to see what that throws up.

Sorry not to be more helpful but I just wanted to reassure you that you should be able to get the size of vehicle you need and to suggest pre-booking.

Have a great trip.

Angela

If you Google transfers from BCN there should be a fair number of companies offering private transfer services from 11-15€ pp. Taxi to center of Barcelona should be in ballpark of 30 depending on address and time of travel. Airport to port is 39€ fixed per car. It's also possible to get minivan from a taxi rank at same price by waiting for it they do exist.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you Google transfers from BCN there should be a fair number of companies offering private transfer services from 11-15€ pp. Taxi to center of Barcelona should be in ballpark of 30 depending on address and time of travel. Airport to port is 39€ fixed per car. It's also possible to get minivan from a taxi rank at same price by waiting for it they do exist.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I would wonder if six people plus all of the luggage they are referring to would fit in a minivan. They might, but then again they might not.

Given that the OP is adamant that that they have to be in one vehicle my best advice would be to google for and ask for quotes from a couple of airport transport companies.

Getting two taxis to get them on the short distance from BCN town centre to the port will be easy. If they also wish to make this journey together I would think that they should also consider booking in advance.

We had Spain Day Tours pick us up in Barcelona and take us to our hotel after an all night flight. You could arrange for a pickup with them and they ask how many people and how many bags. We are flying into Madrid on Thursday and again are using Spain Day Tours to take us from the airport to our hotel. Very reliable!

Not difficult... you just might have to wait a few minutes more. Normally, in the taxi rank at the airport, located near the terminals, there are over 1200 taxis. Just go to the taxi line and when it's your turn ask the marshall to call up a minivan type taxi. It might take a few extra minutes. Cost is the same but there's an additional charge for high occupancy, but it's just 3,10€(http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifes+Taxi+2018/86fa24bc-7e11-4826-83d9-d6962f3622c3). So... total cost will be the fare (depending on the day/hour, but say 30-40€) plus the applicable additional charges.

Not difficult... you just might have to wait a few minutes more. Normally, in the taxi rank at the airport, located near the terminals, there are over 1200 taxis. Just go to the taxi line and when it's your turn ask the marshall to call up a minivan type taxi. It might take a few extra minutes. Cost is the same but there's an additional charge for high occupancy, but it's just 3,10€(http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifes+Taxi+2018/86fa24bc-7e11-4826-83d9-d6962f3622c3). So... total cost will be the fare (depending on the day/hour, but say 30-40€) plus the applicable additional charges.

Thanks for posting this link! It is very helpful! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there ever a problem getting transportation from the airport if there is a demonstration going on? Should we chance getting transportation from the airport into the city, using transportation from the airport, or would we be better off paying extra and arranging private transportation prior?

Thanks!

Are there daily demonstrations in Louisville? Because there aren't here in Barcelona.

No there aren't and I was not being a smart ****. I was asking for information. I don't remember where, but I had read that there was a demonstration planned on the date that we were arriving. Don't worry, I won't ask for any more help from you.

Edited by luvtravel88

on the date that we were arriving.
... which you never mentioned anyway. If you had been more precise I might have been able to help you with a more concrete response.

Btw this is called sarcasm, and I see you don't have much of that either :)

... which you never mentioned anyway. If you had been more precise I might have been able to help you with a more concrete response.

Btw this is called sarcasm, and I see you don't have much of that either :)

You know Enric, I can banter back and forth with you as much as you'd like, but I believe CC is meant to be used for people that are looking for information and to expand their knowledge.No place for sarcasm. As you can see from my heading, I have been a CC user for a long time with many posts.

The date I'm arriving is not pertinent. I just wanted to know if it would be easier to hire a private ride into town rather than taking a chance on a problem at the airport.

I'll look for my help elsewhere.

Sure, you've been around longer in CC, but I've also been around travel sites for many years myself, so I know what is all about. If you can't take some harmless sarcasm when your question is vague, fine with me, no foul nor harm. Have a wonderful trip anyway.

I’ve booked my mini van with these

https://gettransfer.com

Once you put your requirements you will receive offers via email from different vehicles with different prices.

I’ve paid €39 for a minivan that can carry 8 pax & cases but there are only 4 of us, if that made a difference in the offer price.

I’ve booked my mini van with these

https://gettransfer.com

Once you put your requirements you will receive offers via email from different vehicles with different prices.

I’ve paid €39 for a minivan that can carry 8 pax & cases but there are only 4 of us, if that made a difference in the offer price.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks!!!!!

We have booked with https://www.shuttledirect.com/en/ for our upcoming cruise in May

They seem to have a few options