Advice for Hakata, Japan & Busan, South Korea

glenegan

Hi All

My hubby and i are doing a cruise Feb 2018, Hakata, Japan and Busan, South Korea are ports of call. Wanting to explore on our own, is it easy enough to get from Cruise terminals into city centres?? From there we can catch local transportation.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Last year, we went to Busan. Prior to arriving I had organised $100 Australian, into Korean won for our do it yourself tour.

Princess organised a shuttle bus into the city centre located next to the fish market (which is an amazing experience.) We wandered thru it on our return from our day trip.

After catching the shuttle in, we went downstairs into the train system and caught the train to Dadaepo Beach (very easy). When we arrived, we walked to the beach and had a stroll, heading toward the northern headland to a national parkland and checked out the shrines and monuments and looked at the rocky outcrops. Towards the southern end of the beach it was a grassland for the birds, with a bridged walkway thru it. We also was lucky enough to experience a local "blessing of the fishing fleet", i think pantomine that was for the locals at this beachside park. We lunched at one of the local cafes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi

Last year, we went to Busan. Prior to arriving I had organised $100 Australian, into Korean won for our do it yourself tour.

Princess organised a shuttle bus into the city centre located next to the fish market (which is an amazing experience.) We wandered thru it on our return from our day trip.

After catching the shuttle in, we went downstairs into the train system and caught the train to Dadaepo Beach (very easy). When we arrived, we walked to the beach and had a stroll, heading toward the northern headland to a national parkland and checked out the shrines and monuments and looked at the rocky outcrops. Towards the southern end of the beach it was a grassland for the birds, with a bridged walkway thru it. We also was lucky enough to experience a local "blessing of the fishing fleet", i think pantomine that was for the locals at this beachside park. We lunched at one of the local cafes

Hi how much did the day end up costing. Did you use the total $100AUD.

We will be visiting Busan in April and your day seems ideal.

How long where you in Port?

How long did you spend on this adventure?

Rae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

How much did Princess charge for the shuttle to town? How long was the ride?

Thank you.

I have several questions regarding Busan. If anyone can give input/answers to the following questions, I will be appreciated.

1. What is the name of the cruise terminal that Princess uses?

2. What is the cost for the Princess shuttle from port to town?

3. Anyone taken the Loop bus before? See link below.

4. If so, how do you like it?

5. Which line/stop is the closest to the cruise terminal?

http://www.citytourbusan.com/en2/02course/01.php

Thank you.

I have several questions regarding Busan. If anyone can give input/answers to the following questions, I will be appreciated.

1. What is the name of the cruise terminal that Princess uses?

2. What is the cost for the Princess shuttle from port to town?

3. Anyone taken the Loop bus before? See link below.

4. If so, how do you like it?

5. Which line/stop is the closest to the cruise terminal?

Thank you.

I meant to say "it will be appreciated".:)

Busan station is the closest station to the port, about a 15 min walk, which is underground. The train station that is visible (and closer) is the long distance trains. If your wanting to use the metro system, you are better off catching the shuttle into town and going straight downstairs to the metro from the drop off place

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forums mobile app

Busan station is the closest station to the port, about a 15 min walk, which is underground. The train station that is visible (and closer) is the long distance trains. If your wanting to use the metro system, you are better off catching the shuttle into town and going straight downstairs to the metro from the drop off place

Thank you for your reply. I want to use the HOHO bus, and just wonder which HOHO bus stop is the closest to the terminal?

Just remembered, they did have a money exchange bus at the port (don't know any details as I exchanged $A into Korean Won before we left home

Thank you for your information. I don't need money exchange, I would like to know if there is an ATM near the cruise terminal.

For Busan, I read the Nampodong area (I think it is the drop off point for the Princess shuttle) is the main tourist area, and Lotte dept. store is there. I am thinking of taking the HOHO bus for a complete round to do some sightseeing, then go to the Nampodong area to spend the rest of our port time for eating and shopping.

Anyone knows which HOHO bus line/stop is the closest to the Nampodong area? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...