Easter Basket Cruise Ideas

kimsmom122607

We are cruising in a month and our kids baskets will be for the cruise as well ! They are all getting new bathing suits, towels, beach bags, flip flops etc. lanyards for sign and Sail cards, books to read....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising in a month and our kids baskets will be for the cruise as well ! They are all getting new bathing suits, towels, beach bags, flip flops etc. lanyards for sign and Sail cards, books to read....

Great ideas! Are you using a regular Easter Basket or doing anything special for the basket?

Since most little ones like to color, maybe you could find some coloring books that feature sea life, or beach activities and swimming, or other things you might see or do while on a cruise, and include a box of crayons.;)

Since most little ones like to color, maybe you could find some coloring books that feature sea life, or beach activities and swimming, or other things you might see or do while on a cruise, and include a box of crayons.;)

More great ideas thank you!!!!!

A cheap digital camera

Sunglasses

A tiny flashlight

Sunscreen spray

Cruise/Beach themed stickers ( hobby lobby)

Costume jewelry from $1 shop ( if you have a girly girl :) )

Make up a count down calendar. Maybe use the themed stickers to cover each day instead of X'ing them out.

Edited by Athankfulheart

A cheap digital camera

Sunglasses

A tiny flashlight

Sunscreen spray

Cruise/Beach themed stickers ( hobby lobby)

Costume jewelry from $1 shop ( if you have a girly girl :) )

Make up a count down calendar. Maybe use the themed stickers to cover each day instead of X'ing them out.

I like these ideas. And the calendar will be great with stickers I was just going to give her one to x off the days Like the stickers much better.

Depending on her possible interest in photography and your budget I would get her a small digital camera rather than a disposable one. She could start practicing before the cruise and then there's no limit on how many shots she wants to take. It would be interesting to see the ship and cruise from her vantage point.

Our kids gave us our cruise for Christmas. We are going to Mexico so they put a sombrero, maracas, a captain's hat, a stuffed fish, and beach ball in a gift bag with the itinery printed out at the bottom. It was fun pulling each item out trying to figure out what the gift was.

Depending on her possible interest in photography and your budget I would get her a small digital camera rather than a disposable one. She could start practicing before the cruise and then there's no limit on how many shots she wants to take. It would be interesting to see the ship and cruise from her vantage point.

Yes I just upgraded my digital camera and was going to let her use my old one for "her pictures" I am sure it would be quite interesting to see it through her eyes

Love the idea of a colorful beach bag instead of a basket!

Maybe some of those empty plastic eggs that you fill with CASH for "walking around money" in ports.

LuLu

~~~~

That's a good idea with the eggs for the cash then it's not just in her card great idea!!!

Our kids gave us our cruise for Christmas. We are going to Mexico so they put a sombrero, maracas, a captain's hat, a stuffed fish, and beach ball in a gift bag with the itinery printed out at the bottom. It was fun pulling each item out trying to figure out what the gift was.

That is great idea. We did a puzzle for her at Christmas time about a overnight trip on New Year's Eve and she loved all the clues with the presents so this would work perfect for the cruise. I love all these ideas thank you all!!!

4 years ago we flew to San Juan the day before our cruise. My boys (10 & 14 at the time) knew we were going on a cruise and that it started on Easter Sunday, but they didn't know the Easter Bunny (EB) would follow us down there. While we were at breakfast, EB hopped into our room and left eggs filled with Jelly Beans, dive sticks for the pool, snorkels & masks, and there was something else that I can't remember now. The kids loved it! They were so surprised that EB knew where we were. We barely finished eating lunch on the ship and the boys changed into their swimsuits and pulled out their masks & dive sticks and started playing in the pool! Because we were so far from home, EB just left everything on the bed rather than in a basket or beach bag (love the beach bag idea - wish I had thought of it).

4 years ago we flew to San Juan the day before our cruise. My boys (10 & 14 at the time) knew we were going on a cruise and that it started on Easter Sunday, but they didn't know the Easter Bunny (EB) would follow us down there. While we were at breakfast, EB hopped into our room and left eggs filled with Jelly Beans, dive sticks for the pool, snorkels & masks, and there was something else that I can't remember now. The kids loved it! They were so surprised that EB knew where we were. We barely finished eating lunch on the ship and the boys changed into their swimsuits and pulled out their masks & dive sticks and started playing in the pool! Because we were so far from home, EB just left everything on the bed rather than in a basket or beach bag (love the beach bag idea - wish I had thought of it).

That is a great idea as well. I have got so many great ideas now to pull it together for this weekend. She is going to be quite surprised! Thank you all so much for your input

• 3 years later...

I found some collapsible sand buckets to use as a basket from Walmart for $6.72.