Bogo

Sea Gypsy 2

Is it true that Princess has stopped the "buy one get one for $1" drink specials from 3:00 to 4:00? I saw pictures of Princess Patters where it was listed but don't remember which thread or how recent it was. We will be sailing on Caribbean Princess in April.

We disembarked the Caribbean last Friday after several b2bs. It's a fact that the Caribbean does not have a Happy Hour or BOGO for $1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really makes me glad we are under the Sip and Sail promo when we sail on the 18th. :)

They had the BOGO on the Royal in July but it was at less friendly times, either early afternoon or late at night. I used to like the late afternoon and the one about 9.30pm which we had in the past.

We're sailing Caribbean next month. BUMMER!!

Although I'm fortunate to have the PBP as a perk I can feel your pain and definitely agree that it's a bummer. I fervently hope it's a "phase" or something and either gets reinstated or at least doesn't spread to other ships. While I did find it to be pretty much a zoo in Wheelhouse on our last cruise when they had the BOGO it was obviously extremely popular. I'm not at all interested in paying the cost of the PBP so we normally frequent the BOGO.

We're on the same CB cruise as Thrak and don't have the package. As you can see from my avatar, we're not exactly adverse to adult libations.

Having said that, losing the BOGO promo doesn't really upset us. It always seemed like we were "compelled" to take advantage of additional drinks that we wouldn't have otherwise purchased. I much more enjoy cocktails at the more typical times of the day (think laying by the pool or before dinner) and there is no BOGO during those times.

Also, keep in mind, this promotion wasn't always around. It only goes back a few years (maybe 4 or 5??). Therefore, taking it away seems different to me than ending a more well established perk such as no additional charge lobster tail in the Crown Grill or unlimited butter. :'):')

BTW, we do have the drink package on our next two cruises after the CB, so we can make up for lost time. ;)

Is it true that Princess has stopped the "buy one get one for $1" drink specials from 3:00 to 4:00?

Just off the Coral on Monday. The BOGO bartenders said that after the next cruise it was done on Coral, and thought fleet wide. They hated to see it go, as those two hours (3-4 & 9-10) were a good share of their tip income.