What ships have the best thermal spas?

Susandt

The Epic has the best thermal suite to date (on large ships).

The Epic has large picture windows in the saunas to watch the ocean go by. The Breakaway and Getaway moved the saunas to the interior, so you sit in a box. The Escape moved the saunas back out, but with smaller windows.

The Epic has a nice exterior balcony to relax on. The Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape are all fully enclosed.

The Epic has separate relaxation rooms away from the noise of the hydrotherapy pool and main spa.

Why? What is difference??

On Dawn there is a poll, a thermal pool and a hot tub, all separate. On Getaway everything is crammed together and it is all really hot water. I also like the sauna set up on the Dawn better.

Breakaway, Escape (bigger than GA), Epic (smaller than GA, I assume). I don't know about the two new ships (Bliss and Encore).

Escape is my favorite so far.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perditax -- Masquerade was the first book by Pterry I read.........

If by older ships you mean either the Pearl or the Gem yes they do. The Thermal Spa on those 2 ships have fabulous front of the ship ocean views.

During our Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl, I went to the thermal spa and sat on a lounger during the transit and had a bird's eye view of everything. Only one other person was in the spa at the time. Can't believe no one else thought to do this.

You can't just go to the thermal spa. The only way you can enjoy it is if you buy a weekly package. They are expensive and the do sell out. I liked the Epic the best. Last year I bought the package for the Escape, I think the Escape sells way too many! It was always, always crowded. I never once could get a tile lounger. Eventually, at the end of the week I learned when to go for less crowds.....dinner time like 7-8pm were good! But then you end up with sweaty hair and needing a shower at 8pm before dinner it made for a late dinner and then of course missing the shows. I think the experience depends on how many passes they sell. After last years experience on the escape, I really don't know if I'd do it again.

Just wanted to mention that I've been on the Escape this week and the thermal suite hasn't been overcrowded. At about 1 this afternoon, I was literally the only person in there for a while. Even on the first sea day, no problems (tile loungers, had hot tub to myself for a bit, had access to one of those circular loungers. Also watched sail away from one the night before).

That said, this cruise has a very active crowd and the ship empties out on port days. Even Falmouth. I've never seen so many people in Costa Maya (today), it was nuts. Of course, not sure I've ever seen it with three ships in port. And I fully expect it to empty out for Nassau. This is definitely a shorex-heavy crowd, not a "go for the ship" crowd, which is interesting for me.

I will agree with a previous poster that the chlorine (or bromine?) fumes are intense. I don't recall it bothering me in the past, especially on GA.