RCCL Shareholder Benefit - When to Expect a Response?

jasm8449

I may actually be eligible for a shareholder credit on my February 25th cruise, since there is no OBC on my booking. I faxed in the required form and documentation over 2 weeks ago. When might I expect a response and how would they let me know?

I may actually be eligible for a shareholder credit on my February 25th cruise, since there is no OBC on my booking. I faxed in the required form and documentation over 2 weeks ago. When might I expect a response and how would they let me know?

Very inconsistent! I've received confirmation in under an hour. I have not received any confirmation. I usually include my email and ask for a response.

I sent an email with my info attached, and got this message within minutes, but I haven't heard anything since and I am not sure I will because the Subject line was changed with this wording added ( RE: [sUSPECTED BULK/SPAM] [EXTERNAL] Shareholder Benefit Offer - Celebrity )

This was the message in the email:

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. Our representatives will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to service your request.

I sent an email with my info attached, and got this message within minutes, but I haven't heard anything since and I am not sure I will because the Subject line was changed with this wording added ( RE: [sUSPECTED BULK/SPAM] [EXTERNAL] Shareholder Benefit Offer - Celebrity )

This was the message in the email:

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. Our representatives will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to service your request.

I’ve had auto responses with the subject line being changed like that. I think it’s just to highlight to the recipient that it isn’t an internal email and to be careful about any links or attachments that could be viruses. I’ve still received the actual response from them some time later.

Have to say with Celebrity only received on board credit on 3 out of 6 cruises that included a drinks package. Other times they rejected it says no it wasn’t combinable. Luckily in the last two years the terms of the drinks package offer have specifically said that the offer IS combinable with shareholder benefit but I’ve had to send the link to those terms when I email to get the credit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve had auto responses with the subject line being changed like that. I think it’s just to highlight to the recipient that it isn’t an internal email and to be careful about any links or attachments that could be viruses. I’ve still received the actual response from them some time later.

Have to say with Celebrity only received on board credit on 3 out of 6 cruises that included a drinks package. Other times they rejected it says no it wasn’t combinable. Luckily in the last two years the terms of the drinks package offer have specifically said that the offer IS combinable with shareholder benefit but I’ve had to send the link to those terms when I email to get the credit.

Thanks, do you have the link for that specific wording, should it come down to that, I would love to have it to just send on to them

I’ve attached a screenshot from their terms for the offer. This is only for bookings made in the UK.

27e932cb8906a72fdae080062badd55b.jpg

I’ve attached a screenshot from their terms for the offer. This is only for bookings made in the UK.

27e932cb8906a72fdae080062badd55b.jpg

May I ask what link you clicked on so I can look for a similar link on the US Website

May I ask what link you clicked on so I can look for a similar link on the US Website

I clicked on the link showing “T&Cs apply” on the icon on the main page showing “The World Is Open”sale. The next page then lists the terms and conditions for all offers.

18ba8cb4a9bc7aab67864fb8130ded52.jpg

The US site is not offering that sale, and when I click on the sale that is going on, it does not come up with any such wording. I have months, so I will keep on it, and hoping to hear back from them in the next few weeks. if not, I will be calling them

Thanks

So, after not hearing back since that first "suspect" email from Feb 13, I called and spoke to someone. She looked up my booking, and they had no record of my email (must have been rejected she said)

Anyway, after looking at my reservation, she said I do not qualify for it because of the promotion that I received from Celebrity, (the two free perks, in my case Internet and Gratuities)

It seems that if Celebrity has any kind of promotion you would need to decline it, and then go for the Stockholder credit, which of course is not as much as the perks they offer in the price. So, once again, aside from the stock increasing each year that I have owned it, I have only been able to use it 2-3 times, and not in the past 5-6 years (as my Diamond discount on RCL was always better) Gone are the times when you could use a RCL coupon, stock credit and their promos. Such is life.

I have never been able to get the discount. Even if there is no OBC, any promotional discount or Diamond/Elite discount applied to your cruise disqualifies you from the Stock credit. I stopped applying.

My experience exactly. Carnival Corp is much better on this. Have some of their stock and get OBC on Princess and Holland America every time.

The stockholder credit is now essentially for cruises designated "repositioning" which includes, of course, some cruises that aren't repositioning cruises at all just to add to the confusion. You should get the credit even if you have the "on board" booking OBC and/or the one category captain's club upgrade. As far as I know, any reduced deposit offer has no effect on the stockholder benefit either.

My experience is very recent...I faxed the info last Friday and received the acknowledgement email the same day" and then received an approval email this past monday....for our upcoming repositioning cruise..

Edited by ghstudio

The stockholder credit is now essentially for cruises designated "repositioning" which includes, of course, some cruises that aren't repositioning cruises at all just to add to the confusion. You should get the credit even if you have the "on board" booking OBC and/or the one category captain's club upgrade. As far as I know, any reduced deposit offer has no effect on the stockholder benefit either.

My experience is very recent...I faxed the info last Friday and received the acknowledgement email the same day" and then received an approval email this past monday....for our upcoming repositioning cruise..

You must be a lucky one! We got $100 OBC for booking an on-board repositioning that was very high priced (Singapore to Abu Dhabi). We applied for the Shareholder's credit and they gave us $150 of the $250 because we already had the $100 OBC. On the second leg of this B2B, we got denied! We sent it again and got the same as the first leg. Replies came quite quickly.

You must be a lucky one! We got $100 OBC for booking an on-board repositioning that was very high priced (Singapore to Abu Dhabi). We applied for the Shareholder's credit and they gave us $150 of the $250 because we already had the $100 OBC. On the second leg of this B2B, we got denied! We sent it again and got the same as the first leg. Replies came quite quickly.

I am going to fax it tomorrow, I sent it via email last time. Maybe I'll be lucky

Nothing to lose anyway