Haven't been on a cruise in over a year - what has changed?

kywildcatfanone

Hi all,

Haven't been on a cruise in about a year and a half. Finally going again next week on the Regal Princess. Has anything much changed in the last year that I should know about? I've cruised 17 times with Princess and always had a good experience, but wasn't sure if there had been significant changes that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

On our January cruise, if we wanted to buy the embarkation photo, we couldn't just buy one sheet. We had to buy two, with the same exact picture printed in different format.

It made me so mad that I didn't even ask about any of the other photos. One from the formal night dining room was the same thing. Same exact pose, two different formats, and I bet you had to buy both.

$40 (I think) for both, no option to buy just one. Quite rude when I tried to buy one of the set, not knowing we had to buy both--I suppose they had many people asking the same thing. Needless to say, bought no pictures that cruise, even though I usually buy 2 or 3.

Who wants two of the same picture, even if they had different designs or sizes, on an 8x10 sheet! Especially at those prices.

If you reserve Princess shore excursions pre-cruise, you must now pay for them when you reserve them. Can use posted OBC for this if you have any.

Important to note that even if you have to pay immediately it is fully refundable up to a certain point before the planned excursion.

If you reserve Princess shore excursions pre-cruise, you must now pay for them when you reserve them. Can use posted OBC for this if you have any.

Right now so far we've accrued share holder benefit OBC, retired military OBC and new cruiser referral OBC. We will hopefully collect some more OBC when Princess posts a sale on our summer 2019 cruise.

If I might ask so I understand this new rule, we can prebook excursions and pay for them, in part, when we book them using the above OBC we can see posted to our cruise when we log onto our account?

Right now so far we've accrued share holder benefit OBC, retired military OBC and new cruiser referral OBC. We will hopefully collect some more OBC when Princess posts a sale on our summer 2019 cruise.

If I might ask so I understand this new rule, we can prebook excursions and pay for them, in part, when we book them using the above OBC we can see posted to our cruise when we log onto our account?

You can use your OBCs listed in your Cruise Personalizer to pay for excursions before your cruise begins.

Now that shareholder OBC can be issued well in advance, that’s also available.

I have shareholder & military OBC which I’ve used to pay for pre-reserved excursions. Make sure to complete the process because I’ve read posts from passengers who thought they had completed the purchase but they had not. After purchasing, I see our excursions on the Cruise Personalizer.

You can use your OBCs listed in your Cruise Personalizer to pay for excursions before your cruise begins.

Now that shareholder OBC can be issued well in advance, that’s also available.

I have shareholder & military OBC which I’ve used to pay for pre-reserved excursions. Make sure to complete the process because I’ve read posts from passengers who thought they had completed the purchase but they had not. After purchasing, I see our excursions on the Cruise Personalizer.

Good advice. We will definitely make sure we complete the purchase. Thanks!

Coffee card punches are no longer valid at Gelato’s which costs $3.50.
The gelato place on the Regal now lets you get just one scoop or two instead of three. The prices are $1.50 for one scoop, $2.50 for two, and $3.50 for three--including any toppings and sauces you'd like. It's also $3.50 for the sundaes. They have some options with a shot of liquor for $7.50.

The gelato place on the Regal now lets you get just one scoop or two instead of three. The prices are $1.50 for one scoop, $2.50 for two, and $3.50 for three--including any toppings and sauces you'd like. It's also $3.50 for the sundaes. They have some options with a shot of liquor for $7.50.

Thanks for the update...$1.50 for one scoop of gelato at Gelato’s & $1.50 for three scoops of gelato on other ships that sell it at the IC. :confused:

I don’t foresee purchasing gelato again on Royal-class ships & will instead enjoy ice cream, gelato, sorbet & frozen yogurt for free in the MDR.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The beef medallions have been replaced with a gourmet hamburger.

Oh dear, Fries with that, perhaps a hash brown? I could get a double pattie with fries and salad in the MDR as am Celiac and cannot eat the normal bread, have to order ye olde Gourmet Burger, I trust this is not fake news.:')