Does the corporate office of Celebrity read Cruise Critic Boards?????

nanamobo

We sailed last November and I agree the buffet and speciality restaurants are of higher quality than the main dining room. On our cruise most of the MDR menu items were the same each night and the items that changed were not interesting. We would check the menu each night before committing to it and 7/10 nights we chose the buffet or specialty. Im very sure it's all part of their scheme so people do as we did and spend more money in the specialtiy restaurants. They just messed up and made the buffet too good. Hopefully they don't get any bad ideas if they are reading this. We were on Reflection, Ultimate Caribbean Cuise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The problem with thebuffet is it’s.......well, buffet.

The problem with thebuffet is it’s.......well, buffet.

True, it's not the best setting for nice dining experience, but the food was better. When we wanted something more intimate we went to the specialtiy restaurants. I expect the MDR to have some of the best food on the ship but it fell way short IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Realistically the market changes. Some members no longer cruise and they need to cater to the next generation. This is a normal business cycle. This happens with every business.

I enjoy every cruise I go on because I never know if it may be the last one. I ignore the little things. As far as food goes, our tastes change as we get older. Food items are more salty or sweet. Moving around cruise lines is a plus because you get to have new experiences. I enjoy Celebrity and look forward to my next cruise. Take it all in....I am grateful for all of my travels.

I think it would be nice if Mr or Ms Quote returned to CC even if only to answer some very factual questions...

We have been told by senior staff on ships that they do monitor CC, I think some of the time to look for trends of complaints or praises. For example, the Eclipse in particular has had some great buffet reviews...it would make business sense to share good practice.

Last three cruises did not get one and it has been reported that others did not receive them also.

I wonder why?

We sail in ordinary balcony cabins. The last three Celebrity cruises, the Concierge called prior to final payment to ask if we were satisfied with all our arrangements, if I had any questions or special requests. After every single cruise, we have received a survey. After some cruises we have received phone calls from Celebrity asking if we enjoyed our cruise.

I am a ballroom dancer - just a hobby, not a pro. Some years ago I was speaking to the owner of the studio where I took class for many years. You could pay for a 4-week class or 2 during the month or pay a flat fee for unlimited classes. He was complaining bitterly about the unlimited students (advanceded dancers), prefered newbies taking 1 class because he made way more per hour on them. I said it's the unlimited people you can depend on each month to pay the bills. The newbies often leave after a month or two, can't depend on the income stream. Never could convince him, he still preferred the newbies.....

I Am sure that someone from time to time reads the forum, but I trust that they do not do a knee jerk response for on-board services solely based on what is read here...

There is a universe of passengers, a majority in fact, who have no idea of CC and possibly do not want to know about CC for X to consider as well.

I know there are instances where complaints about services is quite warranted and there are some where they are not, my opinion solely.

As you may or many not understand, fully, one passengers nightmare of a sailing is another's dream sailing with no issues. There are a few recent posts in the forum which bear this out.

Personally, CC would not be the place I would come to vent and hope that someone from Corporate would read and act on MY issue. Some posters say things to inflame, some to incite, some down right outrageous in terms of trying to get attention from Corporate or its' Corporate. Not the way to do it, in my opine.

When one wants to vent, consideration of adding to the Thread Title OR first sentence: VENT, that garners more empathy and initial understanding than a full blown dump. Most of us understand vent, then we ask probing questions to fully understand the posters point of view, if any beyond just them.

bon voyage

When they had the woman reading the boards and actually answering, there were a couple of major items that were changed largely due to comments on this board. I think it was a bad move to get rid of her and go to the format where they read off the web site. The woman who did this was a delight and she was good for PR

I find Twitter is better to get answers or complaints. Businesses realize that in today’s world social media is king. Anytime I tweet about a company I get very fast responses. IF Not, I tweet more and more. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When they had the woman reading the boards and actually answering, there were a couple of major items that were changed largely due to comments on this board. I think it was a bad move to get rid of her and go to the format where they read off the web site. The woman who did this was a delight and she was good for PR
I believe you are correct, yet I also recollect in some instances she was pressed about policy issues or hypotheticals, which I thought were not her purpose in posting.

Then we got someone who selected text from the website, which any of us could find were we to go there and read, members got upset with this approach.

It just became too contentious and personally tedious for me to follow and read. I know a few passengers who were helped along the way by the social media person and that is good, the rest was, well it just was.

Overall, X could not and did not win.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Having said all that, I dont know what dining is like for Suites or Aqua. If it is much better, that only reinforces the elitism that exists on Celeb.

We just finished a 14 nighter on Celebrity; we have been in Aqua class for as long as I can remember. This time we ate in Aqua class's Blu restaurant only 4 or five of the 14 nights; The menu has been terribly downgraded in the last couple years and there was a service shortage unless you are very early or very late. 3 nights in specialty restaurants where Murano was the only great one for extra money; one of the two meals in the Tuscan Grill was too tough to eat (veal) with the next night's steak acceptable. All the other meals were in the buffet, which we considered acceptable with a good selection; service in the buffet was pretty good too!

As far as surveys go, we typically get them once in a while, not every time.

However, we do think that the Canyon Ranch Spa on Celebrity ships is top notch!

We are moving on elsewhere, other cruise lines to try and returning to river cruising again...

Edited by DaKa2002
Add comment

I always chuckle when reading reviews. Same ship, same cruise. One person loves it. Another hates it.

Exactly I read the reviews and think wow were you really on the same cruise I was on. I have also noticed that a good share of the posters that complain the most have been on the same cruise line, same cruises over and over and over again. Maybe they need to just try a different experience or lighten up a little

We love Celebrity, but had some issues on our last cruise..Infinity, Holiday, South America.

I tried to resolve them on ship-spoke with Customer Relations, etc- and got nowhere.

Finally, I posted on the FB page.

Three days later, received a call asking how they could help.

One Touch contacted us upon our return home, as well.

Who knows if they really pay attention?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been following the X site since about mid 2015, and I don’t remember many posts from an official X rep. may be once regarding my wife’s CPAP machine. It seems to me that HAL reps were more active on CC boards.

This said CC members have been very helpful on the many questions I asked. It helps me better prepare my travels, and sometimes, removes a point of stress. I like reading the reviews, especially, when facts are reported rather then subjective appreciations. I find the information very helpful!

Our X experience so far in one cruise, on Solstice, in May 2017. We ate in the MDR 7 nights, and tried 3 specialty restaurants. All experiences in food and services varied from good to excellent. (This is subjective, I know, and not having past X experiences to compare to, we were not disappointed.) We can’t say however that it was better than HAL or RCCL, that we sailed before, since we also enjoyed ourselves on these lines as well.

The X captain and the crew in general were exceptionally available and friendly. The contact with the crew often makes a huge difference in our overall experience. I sure hope this won’t change.

We have two more cruises booked: Infiniti and Constellation. Although nothing is perfect, I really look forward to sail X again.