Does the new Summer Sale still include free grats in Alaska?

moki'smommy

I was just curious when I popped onto the Princess site and saw the new cruise prices. Guess it doesn't matter since we are already booked and the "deal" came to within a few dollars if I exclude the grats. We booked under the Anniversary sale and got OBC + dinner and then the complimentary grats just appeared.

I was just curious when I popped onto the Princess site and saw the new cruise prices. Guess it doesn't matter since we are already booked and the "deal" came to within a few dollars if I exclude the grats. We booked under the Anniversary sale and got OBC + dinner and then the complimentary grats just appeared.

Saw your post and did some investigating and calling. We are booked on a premium balcony on the Grand for its June 25th sailing SF-Alaska-SF. We are booked under the 3 for free promo. We could save an additional $90 per person Figuring the lower rates and loss of grats. Not sure it is all worth that amount. What do you think?

The free grats + anniversary sale makes my booking better than it would be today...so I'll keep what I have and laugh a little at the lower fares. I thought it was interesting that the new promotion was to very close to the previous when all benefits were considered.

Yes the fares did indeed go down. Even with the loss of OBC and free gratuities (booked under 3 for Free) I am tempted to move us from balconies to OV's and save some money. From what I can tell Summer on Sale does not include free gratuities for this summer in Alaska (it doesn't have any perks, just the lower fares, and the deposit is non-refundable).

Yeah we were looking to book a summer cruise and it looks like Summer on Sale requires a 10% non refundable deposit.

I am wondering if our Future Cruise Credits will work for deposits on non refundable cruise.

I guess we will call Princess to check but wondered if anyone here knew about that and why they are requiring the larger deposit and having it be non-refundable.

Yeah we were looking to book a summer cruise and it looks like Summer on Sale requires a 10% non refundable deposit.

I am wondering if our Future Cruise Credits will work for deposits on non refundable cruise.

I guess we will call Princess to check but wondered if anyone here knew about that and why they are requiring the larger deposit and having it be non-refundable.

Yes, the $100 future cruise deposit can be used on a sale such as this. If you cancel, you would only lose that deposit assuming you are in in a penalty period.

10% is not a larger normal deposit. They usually want (I think) 15%.

Why non-refundable? To discourage people who might book a number of cruises and then decide later which one to actually take.