Move Over Offer Question

SusieS

Has anyone out there received a move-over offer who had a quad room?

Also, which type of room is most popular when it comes to picking rooms for a move-over offer.....inside, ocean view or balcony, or are they equally in demand? Thanks....

By a quad room, do you mean a room that can hold 4 or a room in which you had 4 people booked? I have seen a move down where the family got an offer of two cabins rather than a single cabin that could hold all 4 of them.

As to what type of room is most popular for a move over, whatever Princess needs on the cruise. Both our move over and our move down were from balcony cabins. My guess is that inside cabins are less likely to get move over offers as they could get courtesy upgrades to any other type on the ship. On the other hand, doing a move over offer to someone in an inside cabin will cost Princess less money....so I think the answer is "whatever the computer tells Princess to do." I suspect that the algorithm looks at what types of cabin are needed and who paid the least amount for their existing reservation...and then the live people take over.

Edited by moki'smommy

The answer is both; a quad that is booked for 4 people.

Thanks for your reply! Four of us (in a quad) are booked for a Christmas cruise for the Panama Canal. I know 4 is a lot of people to give a move over offer to, but I know that quads are usually in short supply as well, & that one might be needed....

Thanks for your reply! Four of us (in a quad) are booked for a Christmas cruise for the Panama Canal. I know 4 is a lot of people to give a move over offer to, but I know that quads are usually in short supply as well, & that one might be needed....

We do a lot of holiday cruises with 4 in a room. We are usually in Inside cabins or Mini Suites. We've never been offered a move over offer. Don't know that we would take one either. Would gladly take a upgrade though. :)

I hope you're all good friends or close family...that's really tight.

Victory, we’re the inside cabins specific ones that you chose, or were they guarantees? I had a move-over offer once on an inside guarantee....I would love to know how often they’re given to a quad with 4 people....

Anyone out there receive a move-over (or under!) for 4 people in a quad?

Hopefully someone who actually has may chime in.

But I would think it pretty rare for a couple reasons:

Far less likely to have overbooked triple or quad cabins as the maximum number of third and fourth passengers sold each voyage is usually capped at a lower number than the total of third and fourth berths on the ship.

And Princess certainly doesn't want to pay 100% fare as refundable OBC to four people to free up one cabin when two will do, even if the amount for the third or fourth passenger is lower.