REGAL FEBRUARY 11 TO 18 Anyone get Flu?

daka

We are just back from our cruise. Regal..Western caribbean

My general impression is that Princess has a slight edge over Celebrity, we found the buffet has a much better layout in addition to better variety and choices.

The early seating for dinner worked out well, the staff in the MDR was excellent, and the dinners were "good" (We don't expect 5 star gourmet dining in a cruise), only one meal was not good, but was quickly replaced.

We ate most meals there.

The bed in our mini suite (very much worth the extra cost) was incredible...I slept better than at home.

Unfortunately Mrs. Daka got a very bad case of flu and from Thursday to Sunday was "confined" to the cabin after visiting the medical unit (pretty expensive visit)

I would say that the ship is in terrific condition and very well maintained.

The shows, well, not a high point...we only go to see the Dance review which was good, and the Beatle show which was terrible...

If you want to get seats at the early show you'd better gt to the theater at least 45 minutes early...we missed the comedian by arriving only 1/2 hour early..it was full.

Just as an after thought, in the Buffet, one evening there was a Beef Wellington that was superb..meatballs were as good as I've ever had, Guacamole is always available, as is another fav of mine, smoked salmon and smoked whitefish at breakfast....freshly made omelettes were hit or miss...gotta' watch if you don't want well done.

Breads and rolls all excellent as were the cakes, and always available chocolate chip cookies.

Just try not to breath in other people's germs...(good luck with that)

Embark and Debark were very smooth and quick.......we arrived at 11 am and walked right on, and left at 6:45 am (walk off) ...home by 7:15....love Fort Lauderdale....

Vitamin D is more effective as treating and preventing the flu than the vaccaintion and tamiflu. Four years ago, we came home with the flu from a winter cruise. It started the morning of disembarkation. We stopped at a CVS minute clinic on the way home and had confirmed cases of the flu. We felt awlful on the day we were traveling home. I called my Naturopath on the way home and she told me to take 30,000 IUs of Vitamin D3 for 3 days and than 10,000 ius for 2 weeks. We were both over the flu within 3 days ( no fever, sworenss, chills, fever or fatigue. By day 5,we had no sign that we even had the flu. I know have myself and kids taking Vitamin d3 in the winter months as well as in the weeks before we travel on a cruise and than carry some with me in case anyone comes down with anything on the trip.