Thought from our Princess Grand cruise of January 22

Micahs Grandad

Hi Micah's Grandad.. can you tell me who the most traveled passenger was on your Hawaii cruise? Appreciate your reply.

No idea as to their names, we went to the first party apparently they went to the second.

All I can tell you is that they are Asian and counting our cruise was at 2001 days.

No idea as to their names' date=' we went to the first party apparently they went to the second.

All I can tell you is that they are Asian and counting our cruise was at 2001 days.[/quote']

Their names are usually published in the Patter.

Paul

Did you have dinner in Sabitini's or the Crown Grill and if so was Franco (short bald headed man) the Head Waiter? If so which one? Thanks

We didnt have dinner at either. Wanted to have it at Sabitini but menu kind of put us off.

Franco who we know well from a previous cruise was MD at Sabatini and often worked Horizon Court breakfast time. Had some nice conversations and shared hugs the last night.

Did you have dinner in Sabitini's or the Crown Grill and if so was Franco (short bald headed man) the Head Waiter? If so which one? Thanks

I believe the guy you're talking about is gone. At least if you mean the head waiter in the Crown Grill. When we were on the Grand last Thanksgiving he wasn't there.

Word of caution - if you did not purchase the Reflections that the Photo folks tout so much, consider yourself lucky. You made a wise decision to pass on buying the DVD. I was not so smart and got caught up in buying the DVD because my wife and I participated in the Hula and Ukulele on-stage production, as it were. Returned home, placed the DVD in the player with great expectations which was very short lived. Next thing on my TV screen was the dreaded "Disc Error" - the DVD can't even be opened, much less played. I immediately emailed Princess Cust Svc, and as of this writing, the response is they will check to see if they have a replacement or they will give me refund, accordingly. Not sure what the refund accordingly means, but I am sure I will find out in due time. Test of the cruise was great. Beware purchasing the Reflections DVD or make them play it for you when you pick it up. Note: Lady we met on the ship has the very same problem.... Happy sailing to all...

My wife and I went to the Crown Grill and ordered dinner. Problem was after nearly 45 minutes we did not have anything to eat, so we politely excused ourselves and went to the Horizon Court and served ourselves. Only 3 tables had guests but only 1 waiter that I saw...

Word of caution - if you did not purchase the Reflections that the Photo folks tout so much, consider yourself lucky. You made a wise decision to pass on buying the DVD. I was not so smart and got caught up in buying the DVD because my wife and I participated in the Hula and Ukulele on-stage production, as it were. Returned home, placed the DVD in the player with great expectations which was very short lived. Next thing on my TV screen was the dreaded "Disc Error" - the DVD can't even be opened, much less played. I immediately emailed Princess Cust Svc, and as of this writing, the response is they will check to see if they have a replacement or they will give me refund, accordingly. Not sure what the refund accordingly means, but I am sure I will find out in due time. Test of the cruise was great. Beware purchasing the Reflections DVD or make them play it for you when you pick it up. Note: Lady we met on the ship has the very same problem.... Happy sailing to all...

Sorry to hear you have issues playing back your DVD. Have you checked your players playback settings?

FWIW, our Reflections DVD plays perfectly. On my iMac, and also stand alone DVD player connected to our 85” tv. Even watched the dvd on my sister’s cheap combo cd/dvd player with no problem.

BTW, we also were on stage for hula/ukeperformance. The cruise was fun. Brian and Rowena were great ambassadors. Lots of Aloha. We are booked and sailing with them again for Hawaii 2019. :)

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Where, or what is Napa Value?

We were on the cruise.

To add a few comments.

First two days at sea were a bit rocky. Like a rolling 3.00 earthquake. ;)

Cuisine was OK. We are not picky eaters. Plenty of butter served at dinner each night in the MDR. Never needed to ask for refills

We enjoyed the Hawaiian Ambassadors, Brian and Rowena Vasquez, and attended their performances in the Piazza, the Hawaianna lectures, Hula, and Ukulele workshops. We did not attend the lei making, pearl, or shark tooth pendant workshops. Brian and Rowena embodied a true Aloha spirit. And for us, the most enjoyable part of the cruise. :)

Shipboard entertainment was fine. No complaints from us.

There were two medical emergencies that we witnessed. And one we did not. First, going ashore in Nawilliwilli, we saw an ambulance on the pier. Later, another fellow PAX said a PAX had suffered a diabetic coma, and was found by her husband barely breathing. Ships medical personnel was able to provide medical assistance.

Second medical emergency, at about 11:00 p.m. on another evening, the Captain announced over the ships intercom rhar there wound be a medical evacuation operation at sea by helicopter and advised PAXs to stay in their staterooms and turn off the lights during the operation. Shortly thereafter, a USCG helicopter arrived, and about one hour later evacuated the sick PAX. We were sailing between islands. The following day, we were told by a PAX who knew the PAX who was evacuated, that the woman suffered a stroke or heart attack, and was air lifted to a hospital in Honolulu.

Third medical occurrence, we we told by a fellow PAX, that an elderly PAX had died of a heart attack on board. Unconfirmed.

Dress Code. We had late seating traditional dining in Botticelli DR. We saw a group of three men wearing their hats every evening at dinner in the MDR. They were with their wifes/girlfriends. We noticed on the of the men on the first night arguing with the Maitre D. My guess it was over their hats, Howevr, they were allowed to continue to wear their hats, and they did so. Every night.

Many men young and old wearing tuexedos on the three Formal Nights. Some ladies wearing long gowns.

We noticed no one dressed shabby in tee shirts, torn jeans, or shorts at dinner in the MDR. Although we had a laugh when we noticed from afar an elderly man wore a tuxedo tee shirt and jeans in the MDR on the three Formal Nights. Even more laughable because he and his (wife?} were seated at a 4 top with a couple where the man was dressed in real formal wear. :)

We enjoyed our cruise, and met many nice PAXs. We came into contact with only a few complainers or whinners.

Napa Valley is an area north of San Francisco (about an hour or more) known for their many wineries.

My wife and I went to the Crown Grill and ordered dinner. Problem was after nearly 45 minutes we did not have anything to eat, so we politely excused ourselves and went to the Horizon Court and served ourselves. Only 3 tables had guests but only 1 waiter that I saw...

Surprised it was that empty and sorry that service was so bad.