Confused by Edge preview sailings

WonderMan3

So the dates of the Edge preview sailings have been very confusing.

The first two dates are clear, Nov 21 and Nov 24 each for 3 nights. They are available for sale and there are roll calls for both. After that there is a gap. There is no Nov 27th sailing, and Edge actually doesn’t reappear again until Dec 1st. So 4 nights are missing. I guess they have a charter or corporate sailing?

Now the Dec 1st sailing is strange because it conflicts with a Dec 3rd sailing they were selling before which has now been cancelled in the past few days. After the 3 night Dec 1st sailing there is another gap of two nights before the next sailing Dec 6th. Another charter or corporate sailing? After that they start the 7 night cruises on Dec 9th and things appear to proceed normally.

I wonder how many more times they are going to keep adjusting the schedules for these preview cruises?

One other thing to note, they have changed the name of the Dec 16th cruise. Last month it was titled Maiden Voyage Eastern Caribbean Cruise while the Dec 9th was titled Maiden Voyage Western Caribbean Cruise. Now the 16th just says Eastern Caribbean Cruise. Some were speculating that they might do some maiden voyage “events” on both cruises since the 16th was originally the first sailing with many people already booked, but it looks like that might not be the case now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not know exactly how this story is, but if I buy a Maiden Voyage and then it turns out that it is not the maiden because the delivery of the ship will be anticipated. The ship is practically new but it is not what you bought the premiere trip. What would you do?

To me the "Maiden Voyage" is the first revenue producing cruise. The other "Maidens" are only labeled as such to entice people to pay more than they would normally pay. At this point I'm not booking Edge.

Sounds good to me Orator.... So, since we're booked on what is now billed as the first "preview" cruise (Nov 21) think I can legitimately say we were on the "Maiden Voyage"?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8318

Morning ! Not sure if this will post correctly but I did just read this recently on cruise critic after googling when the edge maiden voyage would be . Not sure if it has been adjusted as it does list dates and dec 3 was there . Brockmom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums