What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I know people are saying that you only have the option of bidding two categories up but I'm booked in a balcony (BD) and my options to bid went all the way up to a Haven 3 Bedroom Garden Villa (H1).

Thanks for that - we are on the Pearl in Nov in a balcony and hoping to get haven bid options.

Edited by TifffanyD

Thanks for that - we are on the Pearl in Nov in a balcony and hoping to get haven bid options.

2 up from balcony on the Pearl will be Suites but not Haven. Pearl and other Jewel class ships have non Haven Suites (forward facing Penthouse, Aft Penthouse, and 2 bedroom Family Suites). They have all the butler and concierge and dining stuff but no Haven proper.

2 up from balcony on the Pearl will be Suites but not Haven. Pearl and other Jewel class ships have non Haven Suites (forward facing Penthouse, Aft Penthouse, and 2 bedroom Family Suites). They have all the butler and concierge and dining stuff but no Haven proper.

I'm in a Balcony and have the option to bid on an S or H category. They are both suites. I'm not about to bid $10 000 USD for an H1 but I could. So, a suite is a suite regardless.

That is incorrect. If you are in a balcony you will be able to bid on Mini-suites, Suites and the Haven. They consider S and H categories one category at least for the sake of bidding. I know this for a fact as my SIL and her husband are in a balcony and have offers to bid on Haven category rooms on a Jewel class ship.

That is incorrect. If you are in a balcony you will be able to bid on Mini-suites, Suites and the Haven. They consider S and H categories one category at least for the sake of bidding. I know this for a fact as my SIL and her husband are in a balcony and have offers to bid on Haven category rooms on a Jewel class ship.

Ok. Thanks for correction. They are price pointed separately on booking on the ships as a separate category so I guess I viewed it as a separate category.

We prefer the mini suites and suites on the jewel class. Balcony to mini usually isn't much more if you are trying to pick location and if you want a not assigned room we've never seen a bad mini. The added space in the bathroom shower is a major plus.

Ok. Thanks for correction. They are price pointed separately on booking on the ships as a separate category so I guess I viewed it as a separate category.

We prefer the mini suites and suites on the jewel class. Balcony to mini usually isn't much more if you are trying to pick location and if you want a not assigned room we've never seen a bad mini. The added space in the bathroom shower is a major plus.

I totally understand how you came to that conclusion though as usually when the letter for the category changes it would be a whole new category. This bidding thing is the only time that I am aware of that S and H are merged together (except for suite perks). :)

On my ship, it looks like all the Haven rooms are sold out - and yet, I could still bid on them??? Do they hold back some rooms just to see what kind of bids they get?

Hold back... probably not... but NCL are hedging... people may cancel or themselves be upgraded, thus freeing up a lower cabin. Interestingly yesterday on my upcoming a previously 'sold out' (for weeks) Owners Suite popped up as available for a couple of hours. Things change; having a bid sitting there never hurts.

;)

Quick question as a first time cruiser going on the Epic, March 17, for our Anniversary. We were finally assigned a balcony 14087 yesterday and received a bid for mini suites and haven suites today. Unfortunately we cant really afford the 500/1000pp for the haven stuff (although I would dearly LOVE to). So the question is would it be beneficial to upgrade to a mini suite from a balcony b3? Is there much difference?

UK traveller booked directly with NCL but no email received? Is this just for US residents? Tried to called up sell department but they would talk to be because I booked in GBP?!?!

Any one outside of the US and Canada had success with new approach?

Sailing on the Breakaway in 3 weeks.

Thanks.

I booked from Canada, received my bid by email and in My NCL, 80 days out, sailing April 19th, no news yet!

Quick question as a first time cruiser going on the Epic, March 17, for our Anniversary. We were finally assigned a balcony 14087 yesterday and received a bid for mini suites and haven suites today. Unfortunately we cant really afford the 500/1000pp for the haven stuff (although I would dearly LOVE to). So the question is would it be beneficial to upgrade to a mini suite from a balcony b3? Is there much difference?

The only experience that I have in a mini suite was on the Getaway and have sailed in a regular balcony on the Escape. The only real difference is a slightly larger double sink and a sit in tub/ and or larger shower.

If you are happy with your staterooms location, I would just stay put.

Amusing...

I've been watching a "sold out" upcoming cruise for a while now and in the last 2-3 days, all manner of suites have been offered for booking at fairly reduced prices on the NCL website. They come, they go, they come again at a further reduction, they go, they come... you get the picture. Makes me think that the upgrade process is underway in the background and in so doing it obviously pops up new cabin availability. Now, why not just accept existing bids on those cabins? Presumably it's 'worth a shot' selling them as fresh bookings or paid upgrades at even a slight premium before (grudgingly) pulling them back and taking a paltry bid. Good business management IMHO (infuriating but smart), but it's like watching someone with severe indigestion, belching up cabins then swallowing then again only to gurgle and belch again.

Most amusing...

They nearly got me... but I didn't blink! "Stay on taaaaaaarget".

I'm also bidding for an upgrade on this cruise... hoping for a balcony from an inside room.

Hi, you may want to check current rates now and call to ask them to bump you up to a balcony if the price is the same or lower. I just did that today. Inside to Balconies. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except that booking a haven room directly - not bidding for an upgrade - still carries much better perks. No tips, specialty dining for every meal each day, shore credits (if you didn't pick that to begin with), internet etc.

You are getting more for the increased price of a direct booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So If you bid on a suite or Haven room and its accepted you will not receive all the perks that are associated with that level room?????

So If you bid on a suite or Haven room and its accepted you will not receive all the perks that are associated with that level room?????

You have to watch the terminology, Perks and Amenities are two different things, you get Perks when booking... UBP, Shore Excursion Credit... Amenities like Butler Service or Haven Access come with the category of room and are guaranteed.

We sail Saturday!! We should hear something either yes or no In just a few hours! Ugh!! Apparently most on our ship have not heard anything, and it appears to be sold out, so we shall see. Hoping for just an upgrade to balcony, as we are inside right now. And no ocean view rooms on the ship.

We sail Saturday!! We should hear something either yes or no In just a few hours! Ugh!! Apparently most on our ship have not heard anything, and it appears to be sold out, so we shall see. Hoping for just an upgrade to balcony, as we are inside right now. And no ocean view rooms on the ship.

What ship are you on?

Hi, you may want to check current rates now and call to ask them to bump you up to a balcony if the price is the same or lower. I just did that today. Inside to Balconies. [emoji2]

Wow! That's awesome! Did you just call the general 800#? I tried to do the same for our March 10 cruise, where mini-suites are now way less than what I paid for a balcony, and was told I'd have to pay almost $1000 each in cancellation fees to change. She even told me t hat I had a nice cabin and should be happy! Still waiting to hear about bid upgrades, but Haven is now showing sold out.