Flight out of Fort Lauderdale

Lhound92

Absolutely if you do self assist and take a taxi/Uber. I have friends that do it every cruise and are almost Diamond. I also take early flights.

You will have people say “Good luck” or “That would make me way too stressed and I would fret the whole week.” If you are nervous person, then don’t. However if you are prepared and know the ropes, pending no glitches such as medical incidents or whatever, it is way more than doable. Not making it is the exception not the rule. However, have a back up plan just in case.

Yea now that I’ve thought about it I’m not willing to risk it. I’m a very anxious person as is it, don’t wanna be depressed about my cruise ending and stressed about making the flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea now that I’ve thought about it I’m not willing to risk it. I’m a very anxious person as is it, don’t wanna be depressed about my cruise ending and stressed about making the flight!

I was nervous the first time, but not anymore. At least you know your limits and can plan accordingly. So if you do stress it’s best not to try it.

But go ahead and leave the ship as if you did have the early flight and see how long you are sitting at the airport. If you’re talking about Southwest that’s the flight my friends take when they sail on the Glory and they always have lots of time to spare. When you get to the airport, see about switching to the earlier flight even if you book the later one. There might be a couple seats left.

I was nervous the first time, but not anymore. At least you know your limits and can plan accordingly. So if you do stress it’s best not to try it.

But go ahead and leave the ship as if you did have the early flight and see how long you are sitting at the airport. If you’re talking about Southwest that’s the flight my friends take when they sail on the Glory and they always have lots of time to spare. When you get to the airport, see about switching to the earlier flight even if you book the later one. There might be a couple seats left.

That’s a good idea, I’m gonna keep thinking about it before I book. I am flying southwest

Agree it's doable.... Should have a backup plan. If it was me...I would do it. Every Carnival cruise I have taken out of Florida has docked by 6am and started disemabarkation 7-7:30 . But if your a worrier ....you probably shouldn't stress yourself out....The last day or 2 of your cruise may be impacted

We got off the Victory in Miami and were at FLL by 8 am. We did self assist and practically ran off the ship and straight through customs into an Uber. Too bad our flight wasn’t until 12:30 pm, which then got delayed until 3:30 pm...It was a long day...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

Of course you can make it, unless there is a problem. If the chance of not making a flight is of concern, then book something a couple of hours later. If a back up plan is easy for you, then go for it.

have a great cruise

It is doable. But sometimes things go wrong. We rarely rush to get off the ship and are usually on the street in Miami by 8:00 am. Then three weeks ago we came in during some fog and everything went sideways. We were self disembark and should have been able to get off early. We chose to wait and stay out of the way for a while because people with early flights were frantic. We eventually started to get off, and wound up waiting in a circus of people going through customs. Finally got out of the terminal at 10:30 a.m.

Are you a glass half full type of person who is willing to roll the dice, hope that everything goes smoothly, self disembark and then get yourself to FLL and assume that the lines will allow you to get to your gate on time? Or are you the glass half empty type of person who thinks that possibly there will be some sort of weather delay, or shortage of customs officers or discombobulation with your Uber driver or traffic delays or long security lines at FLL? Only you can decide which type of person you are and then base your decision on that combined with the plane schedule and cost and come up with the best solution that will fit your needs.

No point in ending a lovely stress-free vacation worrying and rushing. Book a later flight and take your time getting off the ship.:)

We lived in Miami for years and 1 wreck on I-95 and you're sitting in an Interstate Parking Lot.:(

There are very short lines at both FLL and MIA at 8AM. Cruisers who have never been to the airport that early think of their own crowded experiences when they arrive after 10 AM or even noon and just assume the airports are always crowded. They are not. I have gone through security lines at TSA in both and didn't have to use the pre=check lines because they were empty at 8AM.

. When you get to the airport, see about switching to the earlier flight even if you book the later one. There might be a couple seats left.

A few months ago, I was flying home from a cruise from Ft Lauderdale and using Southwest. I got to the airport in time to get an earlier flight and thought I would ask about changing. I asked and was told there were seats available and I could change for $300 a person. Thanks but no thanks. It wasn't worth $600 to get home a few hours earlier.

A few months ago, I was flying home from a cruise from Ft Lauderdale and using Southwest. I got to the airport in time to get an earlier flight and thought I would ask about changing. I asked and was told there were seats available and I could change for $300 a person. Thanks but no thanks. It wasn't worth $600 to get home a few hours earlier.

Yikes! I thought they were better than that.

We took a post cruise excursion and got back to FLL wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy early. We had a wait that was over 4 hours!!!! And there isn't much to do in that airport. We made phone calls and caught up on the news and Facebook - which we avoided the whole time on our cruise!

I'd rather be early than late though and if you're anxious (like me) I wouldn't do it to myself.

A later flight and post cruise excursion isn't a bad idea, actually.

But yeah, if everything is "normal" - making that flight is easy with self-disembark. I live further than the airport and we were home before 8AM off Glory if I recall.

We took Uber from the port of Miami to FLL last time we cruised from there. We were there at 7:30am. We were even able to standby on an earlier flight at 8:30am.

It doesn’t matter if 1,000 people tell you that they made a flight that early. Their experiences have nothing to do with what yours will be. Things happen. Ships get delayed coming back into port. Customs can hold up a ship for one reason or another. There could be a medical emergency that takes priority over passengers being allowed to get off. You just never know. Why end your vacation on such a stressful note? Do the smart thing and book a later flight.

We took a post cruise excursion and got back to FLL wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy early. We had a wait that was over 4 hours!!!! And there isn't much to do in that airport. We made phone calls and caught up on the news and Facebook - which we avoided the whole time on our cruise!

I'd rather be early than late though and if you're anxious (like me) I wouldn't do it to myself.

You should have booked a rental car instead. You can pick it up at port and then drop it off at FLL, which takes care of transportation to the airport. Having a car means having a trunk to store your luggage in. Then you could have leisurely done whatever you wanted to do in Ft Lauderdale. We did this once when we had a late flight and it was a fantastic day and nice way to end our cruise.