When does Viking ticket air-Homelands cruise

Manceor

We are on the August 11th Homelands cruise. At this point we think we are going to arrange our own air because it will be cheaper than the price viking quoted our TA. I keep watching the prices creep up and am wondering when Viking will ticket all of the people that booked their air through them. There are only so many flights/seats out of Bergen! I don't want to wait too long and find that Viking has taken all the available seats on the flights out of Bergen.

Thanks!

Marianne

Hi we are on the homeland cruise in mid May from Stockholm to Bergan, we got out air 2 weeks ago.. ask your TA to call and see if they have a clue...

We are on Iceland Air..not perfect but it will do..because we leave from one port and fly back from another we figured it would be pricey..

We are on the August 11th Homelands cruise. At this point we think we are going to arrange our own air because it will be cheaper than the price viking quoted our TA. I keep watching the prices creep up and am wondering when Viking will ticket all of the people that booked their air through them. There are only so many flights/seats out of Bergen! I don't want to wait too long and find that Viking has taken all the available seats on the flights out of Bergen.

Thanks!

Marianne

Last year Viking apparently bought the whole plane out of Bergen. We had a very few people who weren’t from our cruise. The flight was very convenient leaving Bergen at 12:30 pm but the airport was nightmare.

My understanding is that Viking reserves blocks of seats and typically tickets those six weeks out. But the seats are already reserved so their ticketing shouldn’t affect availability. If you pay extra for Viking Air Plus (about $50), you can choose your own flights and have a lot more flexibility.

Thanks!

Marianne

Yes, this is what we are trying to do. We bought one way to Barcelona. Now trying to find the return flight from Bergen to IAD. Unfortunately no help from TA. Apparently they see the prices on their system as I see online. Vikings flights weren't good at all.