Victory...horrible reviews

champagne123

We were on Victory the week it came out of dry dock, it was terrible, missing railings, crime scene taping off doorways and decks that could not be used, very dirty, stained and dried food on pool chairs and cushions in adult areas, our cabin was next to one they were still renovating so we were not able to use it during the day and each night prior to us being able to use it they had to run an ozone generator to remove the acetone smell coming from the cabin next door. No hot water in our shower for most of the cruise but our toilet did have hot water, guess something was hooked up incorrectly. We cruise for 4 weeks every year, this is by far the worst experience we have had cruising. We were offered an OBC and did receive a phone call when we got home offering us 15% off another cruise, I think we will try another cruise line next time. Hoping they got these issues sorted out so you have a wonderful time.

We didn’t have hot water the entire cruise either. Don’t know how I forgot that cuz I was so annoyed by it. I didn’t notice the tape or blocked decks tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off of the ship today.

First let me say the parking garage in Miami is super easy to get too..

Pros first:

Fast embarkation

2.0 upgrades gave more food options.

Room Steward and deck bartenders were amazing

Inside of ship looked like it had been updated some. We were on the first floor interior which was no biggie we slept like babies

Now for the cons:

We experienced fumes on our floor from the crew using interior marine grade paint. which the fumes flowed all throughout the floor and into our rooms and caused/created headaches and runny nose for quite a few people on our floor including us. they kept fans out all the time.

We only had hot water in our room with low water pressure which we didn't complain about that because it was a charter cruise the rooms were sold out so it wouldn't have made a difference no other rooms were available.

Main water line broke on the ship water had to be turned off for two hours so there for 2700 people had no way to use the restroom so you can just imagine what was going on

Overall food was OK but we think that had to do with our charter cruise food selection not carnival itself, would we go on that ship again if friends were going probably yes we would, is that our first choice no but don't let my post keep you from going on victory overall we had a great time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by afmomma

I agree that any cruise is dependent on what you choose to make of it.

While I do read reviews beforehand I take them with a grain of salt. I tend to concentrate more on pointers, tips, or secrets of each ship that the reviewers may share.

Two of our favorite cruises have happened to be on ships that have a decent amount of negative reviews, NCL Pride of America and MSC Divina.

We were on Victory last February and will be on it again at the end of this month. I’ll report back how we feel it has changed after the drydock.

I don't even bother with the ship reviews. It's been a few years since I've sailed on Victory, so I don't know anything about her most recent dry dock, but I do know that there were quite a few negative reviews about her right before the second time we went on her--I was a little worried. While I had found the ship had aged a bit since our first cruise on her, I found little about her to be negative at that time.

I remember when reviews used to actually mean something. Now, you go on sites like Amazon and find paid reviewers, or people who give a product 1 star because it arrived damaged.

It's a great ship, and now that it has the 2.0 upgrades, what can honestly be so bad about it?

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you end up effected by something like the brawls on the Legend, a cruise is what you make of it. One of our most romantic cruises was on the Victory; it was the long weekend in January and had been a Christmas gift to my husband. Our fellow guest however were in full party mode - to the point where I did have to call security to shut down the 11 pm hall party complete with stools lining the hall like a southern front porch; we woke another morning to the naughty police sitting outside our neighbors room with the door propped (apparently the marriage proposal to end the screaming fight before:eek: dinner that night ended up in too much of a celebration:eek:).

But for us, we had a lovely l-shaped balcony where we spent most of our sea days, and enjoyed a lovely morning in Key West and a great day snorkeling at Chankanaab in Cozumel. It was just the refresh we needed after a hectic few months.

We will always fondly remember the Victory.

We sailed on Victory last February to Key West and Cozumel and had a great time. The ship was at least as pleasant as Splendor which we just got off of. I only mention that since you said you have sailed on Splendor.

That Victory sailing was our first Carnival cruise and we enjoyed it so much, that is what made us want to book the cruise on Splendor this year. I would comfortably book another cruise on Victory without batting an eye!

We sailed on Victory last February to Key West and Cozumel and had a great time. The ship was at least as pleasant as Splendor which we just got off of. I only mention that since you said you have sailed on Splendor.

That Victory sailing was our first Carnival cruise and we enjoyed it so much, that is what made us want to book the cruise on Splendor this year. I would comfortably book another cruise on Victory without batting an eye!

Great post. Just what I needed to hear! I actually loved the Splendor. Glad to hear it is similar.

Thank you EVERYONE for your thoughtful responses.

I have only good things to say about Victory. I did a 5 day cruise from Miami two years ago, and loved it. Since then the ship has had all staterooms updated and there have been things added in a drydock or two since then, so can surely only be even better.! I loved the atrium, "green" and the sea theme throughout. I sailed on Splendor a year after Victory, and enjoyed that ship also. I do like colorful decor, so Carnivals older ships suit me in that sense. Also, can only say the best about the Carnival staff on that ship, as great as all the others have been.

Enjoy the Victory! One of my favorites.:):)

I just want to say that it has been a couple of years since I've been on the Victory, but we absolutely had a fabulous time. Coming from a customer service background, I find that the majority of folks who have had a negative experience will complain and post. However, that is not so true about the folks who have had a wonderful experience. Most people aren't writing in to a company or calling a company to say, hey there, by the way, my flight was absolutely wonderful. Or perhaps they had a terrific dinner, I don't know a lot of folks who will proactively write a review. You get my point. However, every company has a complaint line. So take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure just as many folks or more enjoyed their cruise. I've been on Carnival mostly with about 10 cruises under my belt on Carnival, then I've been on Disney, Norwegian & MSC yet, I continue to return to the Funships with Carnival. My best cruises have been on Carnival despite many negative reviews. I have been very bad about posting positive reviews even though I have had amazing cruises. Go for it and enjoy it. Afterall, its one of the Funships.

I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, but under "Member Reviews", they are all recent and very consistent with each other...one right after another. :( I am not looking for anyone to "talk" me into the cruise I just booked, but would love to know if anyone has anything good to say about the ship. I have been on the Glory, Splendor and Pride, with Carnival. (many others on other cruise lines). Any positive thoughts?

Make your own experiment....