Airplane seats

jay888

I have no issues with you, but was just stating a lesson we had learned a few years back when we had booked through an agent.

There was a big itinerary change as there were three ports in the Ukraine which had to be removed because Putin had walked in. The change was visable on line, but we had to wait until we got the letter with our options. Direct bookers had their letters sent straight to them and would have arrived, but we had to wait until the letters got to the agents and then for them to be sent on, yet there were reasons why we wanted this information ASAP. We have not booked cruises with an agent since then. Likewise we have always made sure that we have given all holiday companies an email address and if appropriate, requested emailed documents which means we will receive them even if away. This is obviously a change of procedure and these things happen at times.

Incidentally it was me who had initially posted about the email we had received and that seats were bookable, as I thought it may be useful information to others who may not know about it. Hence, I do think that a word of thanks may be a bit more appropriate. If you have issues with P&O, surely that would be much better taken up with P&O.

Simple answer no its not, another rip off.

Plus - as it’s a 3 - 3 configuration, even if you pay to sit together, one half of a couple will end up in the worst ‘middle’ seat. Or maybe they prefer 2 aisles next to each other? Cant see the point of paying extra for that privilege on a short flight - or it that just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying out with Thomson next month,yes 14 weeks before you can choose your seats,be quick though even on the first morning some seats were gone,I wasn't the only keen one!

The reason you found seats not available on the first day, could be due to the fact that if you are in Top Tiers with P&O you get priority to book your seats before others do:cool:

When P&O part charter a Thomas Cook plane, then if they did not allow their cruise customers to book seats until 14 weeks before the flight, then the other TC passengers would have been able to book seats well ahead of them and all P&O customers would be at a disadvantage.

I have no issues with you, but was just stating a lesson we had learned a few years back when we had booked through an agent.

There was a big itinerary change as there were three ports in the Ukraine which had to be removed because Putin had walked in. The change was visable on line, but we had to wait until we got the letter with our options. Direct bookers had their letters sent straight to them and would have arrived, but we had to wait until the letters got to the agents and then for them to be sent on, yet there were reasons why we wanted this information ASAP. We have not booked cruises with an agent since then. Likewise we have always made sure that we have given all holiday companies an email address and if appropriate, requested emailed documents which means we will receive them even if away. This is obviously a change of procedure and these things happen at times.

Incidentally it was me who had initially posted about the email we had received and that seats were bookable, as I thought it may be useful information to others who may not know about it. Hence, I do think that a word of thanks may be a bit more appropriate. If you have issues with P&O, surely that would be much better taken up with P&O.

Tring

first let me apologise for my late reply and also to say how sorry I am if my post led you to believe that I was getting at you in any way. I can assure you that was not my intention. As you rightly say I do owe you thanks. If it were not for you I would still be waiting until 14 weeks before to book. As it is we have the seats we require. I have also booked extra luggage. We also are sailing back to Soton . Once again I apologise and hope we have the chance to meet up on the ship

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

I am on Azura transalitic in Oct and have booked on the dream liner premium seats but on my own I wonder if they will me sit where I want being only one got to wait and see.

If you want a specific seat you will have to book and pay for this when the time comes :cool: