Drinks Package Calculator for Drinkers..(With excel attachment)

Reedweaver

The trouble with drinks calculators imo is that they don’t always reflect what you actually do. You don’t drink exactly the same each day, and normally people don’t get drunk for 14x days in a row. (Not usually anyway)

I have had a very quick go at what I have found useful for working out if a drinks package is for me.

You basically type in the yellow boxes how many drinks you have on boozy days, less boozy days and alcohol free days.

I have found it much more useful and easy to use than the calculators on here. See what you think?

WOW!! thanks for working this out - awesome

• 2 weeks later...

As a lover of spreadsheets, I really appreciate your efforts on this! I was just trying to assess if the drink package was going to be worth it or not. Does anyone know if these drink prices are still pretty true to the on board prices? Thanks again Reedweaver!

As a lover of spreadsheets, I really appreciate your efforts on this! I was just trying to assess if the drink package was going to be worth it or not. Does anyone know if these drink prices are still pretty true to the on board prices? Thanks again Reedweaver!

Just had a quick look at the spreadsheet and I believe the prices are a little low for the booze. The prices were increased last Sept./Oct... It also looks like the individual drinks do not include the gratuity and they are not added in anywhere else, so the comparison is skewed. In addition, those looking at the wine discount, it has been lowered to 20%. There is alcoholic drink limit of 15 between 6 am to 6 am, of course, water, coffee(unless spiked), tea and any other non-alcoholic drink do not count toward this drink count. One last note, for those few who may wish to have more than 15 drinks, you may do so but it is at the discretion of bar crew and you will have to pay for it. Hope this helps anyone tring to decide.

Cheers

Karl

Yes, this looks like a lot of work, and I can't wait to show my husband, who uses Excel constantly!! Thanks for sharing this!

We have never "bought" the AIBP, but had it as a perk when we booked Celebrity and Princess cruises. We have tried (with not much success) to figure out if we HAD actually purchased it, would it have been worth it. This might help us out with that. Anyway, it'll be fun trying!

Yes. I spike the mocktails with some rum I bought off of Princess Cellars.

Was considering doing the same sort of thing!

Can you tell me what the $ price is (including service charge) for a half bottle of rum on board please? My account is in GBP and the Princess currency conversion rate does not appear to be very generous. Just wondering whether it will be worth waiting until I get on board to buy the stuff.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Burgmeister

Was considering doing the same sort of thing!

Can you tell me what the $ price is (including service charge) for a half bottle of rum on board please? My account is in GBP and the Princess currency conversion rate does not appear to be very generous. Just wondering whether it will be worth waiting until I get on board to buy the stuff.

Thanks for the info.

The 37.5cl bottles of white Bacardi rum were 17 or 18$ USD iirc. I was generous with my doctoring of the mocktails and had a hard time finishing my second bottle, but then again I only had 3-4 drinks a day.

Just bring a small flask and fill it up before leaving your cabin. Please be advised though that I'm not completely sure this is legit, I'm always very discrete about it and have never gotten into any trouble.

The 37.5cl bottles of white Bacardi rum were 17 or 18$ USD iirc. I was generous with my doctoring of the mocktails and had a hard time finishing my second bottle, but then again I only had 3-4 drinks a day.

Just bring a small flask and fill it up before leaving your cabin. Please be advised though that I'm not completely sure this is legit, I'm always very discrete about it and have never gotten into any trouble.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful

This is not great. Sharing a drink or two is not only abuse of the policy - it is theft.

Many other cruise lines require every adult in the cabin to purchase the package if one does. Princess used to have that restriction but doesn't any more. DW doesn't drink enough to justify the package, but I do, and I appreciate being able to buy it for myself. If people continue stealing from Princess (by "sharing" drinks), then Princess will change the policy back - punishing us honest people because of the thieves who steal from them by abusing the package.

If you look at the cost not saying it is right however princess is still Making a good dollar don’t kid yourself. They have also not cut out Soda by the can and I know that is not from

People sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the math on that. A bucket of 5 Budweiser is $23 (4 * $5.75).

BOGO 6 (buy 3 get 3 for $1) is $20.25.

When would the bucket work out to be a better deal? I'm asking because I like beer and want the best deal when I sail in April.

Last cruise my buddy purchased the beer by the bucket for sure it is a good deal. However there are some night on happy hour where if I remember right it was buy one get one free don’t quote me on that however it was a good deal as my friend purchased more beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not great. Sharing a drink or two is not only abuse of the policy - it is theft.

Whilst it is against the rules, and I am not condoning the practice, I'm not sure that, legally speaking, it is theft.

If you have the package and receive a drink then, in the eyes of the law, that drink is then yours to do with what-you-will. If you decide to give it away to a friend or stranger then, legally, you can. Just as you can give away any other item that you own.

That doesn't, of course, get around the fact that it is against the rules, and we must abide by the rules. If we all ignore rules then where would we be? France! (thanks to Al Murray aka The Pub Landlord for that one).

• 3 weeks later...

with the PBP on a previous cruise on the Crown in November, it was hit or miss with getting the small bottles of Perrier or Pelligrino ... sometimes it was just as easy as getting a soda, but other times, it was, no, that's not included, but you can buy one at a 25% discount...

same bar , different barstaff person..

What is "AIBP" and "PBP" - using jargon does not help, not everyone has been on endless cruises some of us are first timers

AIBP was the all inclusive beverage package which no longer exists.

Now it's called PBP which is Premier Beverage Package.

Here is the link for the information on the Princess website

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/