Sapphire Princess 26th May 2018 from Southampton to Scandinavia

glynneathgirl

This is 1st time sailing with Princess have done P&O previously but i'm struggling to find any info about port dockings, Zebrugge is ok but what about Copenhagen & Oslo? Husband has trouble walking sometimes so i like to do as much research as poss before sailing. And as its sailing from UK will it have tea & coffee making facilities in cabins and will there be british beers available on board. Thanking you in anticipationclear.png?emoji-eek-1725

This is 1st time sailing with Princess have done P&O previously but i'm struggling to find any info about port dockings, Zebrugge is ok but what about Copenhagen & Oslo? Husband has trouble walking sometimes so i like to do as much research as poss before sailing. And as its sailing from UK will it have tea & coffee making facilities in cabins and will there be british beers available on board. Thanking you in anticipationclear.png?emoji-eek-1725

It may change but it looks like the Sapphire is scheduled to be at Oceankaj which is in Nordhaven.

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/calls

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Copenhagen

In Olso, it appears that the Sapphire is scheduled to be at Revierkaia which is near the opera house.

http://oslohavn.no/filestore/Cruiseliste/Forventedecruiseanlp2018.pdf

http://cruiseportwiki.com/Oslo

Hi

I'd check out the roll call for your sailing as the guys on here are normally very helpful when it comes to ports.

As far as kettles go the answer is a flat No - Princess don't have them in the cabins even when sailing from the UK. I'll be packing a flask and thermal mug for our sailing this summer. I'll be calling room service to for that 1st cup of the day, although I will be taking my own tea bags as I hate Liptons, awful. :(

You ask about beers to, afraid Princess don't carry as many choices P&O do, its mainly Stella and Bud etc.

Enjoy your 1st sailing,

After going with P&O last year I can't wait to get back to a Princess ship as we much prefer them.

• 1 month later...
thanks for that cant wait to see what its like 😎

Hi, We are on this cruise first time cruising for us. My us and gas difficulty walking which fluctuates too. We don't live far from you in the Rhondda. Looking forward to cruise. Any tips for first timers would be appreciated.:D

Any tips for first timers would be appreciated.:D

a)

Join your roll call. Use

cruiselineStar20121001.pngFind Your Princess Roll Call to locate it.

b)

Go to the Princess website and download the "Cruise Answer Book". It will give you insight into cruising and to cruising on Princess.

c) Do not be afraid to ask questions, either in this general form, your roll call or when on the ship. The only bad question is the one not asked.

d) In the cabin on the ship when you arrive and then again each evening will be a copy of the daily list of events, the "Princess Patter." Read the schedule thoroughly to find what you may want to attend of participate in. Don't miss out on something you would have liked because you did not read the Patter.

Be careful in Copenhagen' date=' last time it changed at last minute.[/quote']

What changed? If its the quay you dock at then a change would be good as Oceankaj is a bit of a faff to get to and from, whereas the other 2 options are far more central.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also on the same cruise on May 26th from the UK. If you are looking for paper book, please look up "Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports" book. This book covers all of the ports except for Helsingborg, Sweden. We found some links on the Internet but not too much to do in that port.