Upsell offer

jadedhart

So I got an offer to upgrade from a balcony to an extended balcony for $14 total (7 day cruise, 2 people). Seems like a good deal but this is my first cruise so I really do t know.

Does an extended balcony really make a difference? Not sure how much time we’d spend on it, but I think it would definitely get used as we both love the water.

Also, if I go for it, would I still qualify for the price protection (I booked early saver)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What ship? We got the same offer on the Pride for July. We had an extended balcony for our first Carnival on the Pride a few years ago and loved it! There were three of us (DS age 5) then and it was nice to have room for all of us. I love sitting on the balcony with breakfast and coffee or a glass of wine and book.

We had a regular balcony on our last sailing on the Magic and it was just as nice. That said, we took the offer for the extended for $14!

I would do it if the location was ok. (Not under lido).

Totally agree. I am super picky when picking my cabin. I prefer midship near stairs, but not close to the steps no more than 2 decks below lido. My regular balcony was exactly that, but when I upgraded to the extended balcony we just moved down about 5-10 cabins...still in my ideal zone!

What ship? We got the same offer on the Pride for July. We had an extended balcony for our first Carnival on the Pride a few years ago and loved it! There were three of us (DS age 5) then and it was nice to have room for all of us. I love sitting on the balcony with breakfast and coffee or a glass of wine and book.

We had a regular balcony on our last sailing on the Magic and it was just as nice. That said, we took the offer for the extended for $14!

It’s the pride on may.

Check out the deck plans of your ship to make sure you like the location. Will it be more Aft, or do

You prefer midship? What deck is it on? Will you have shade with a roof overhead or is it open to the sun all day? You may prefer your original location.

I have 6186 now, there are several available on deck 7

Looking at the deck plan I would take the offer just to get farther from the elevators/stairs. It can get pretty noisy. 6186 is right there, plus you could lose some privacy with the door open.

Deck 7 is great deck. It's just quick two decks below the lido so quick access to food, bar, and pool. If you can get an extended on the 6th deck that would be good, too.

In regards to what?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are early saber. You still will be. But you now would be price matching the extended balcony price. Price able to be adjusted up to 2 days until sailing. Basically the rule is once ES always ES.

I had an aft extended balcony last summer on the Sunshine out of NYC. Loved all the space out there, and our steward got us two chaise lounges. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no breeze back there and the sun was beating down out there all day. It was brutal, so we never went out there! On the way back, we had more shade, bit still no breeze.

We’ve had an extended aft balcony and the views can’t be beat! The wake is mesmerizing.

BUT there is zero shade and zero breeze back there. Our chairs would be burning hot from the sun beating down on them all day. Might have been more bearable if there was a breeze but I wouldn’t book it again for the simple fact of no shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for you feedback. I ended up not accepting the offer. Not being able to look down and see the water is a deal breaker for me.

I did move to a different cabin though. I am now in 6218 which is where I wanted to be in the first place. It’s a little further from the elevators, I can look down and see water, and the people in on cabin won’t be able to look around the dividers onto my balcony so I feel like it offers a bit more privacy.