SO much live music on the Eclipse !!! Thanks to Roman

chamima

We are currently on the second leg of a B2B on the Eclipse (as we have done for the last five years or so) and I have to comment on how much more live music there is all over the ship all day and evening - in some cases well past midnight.

I tried to complement Christine, the activities director and Eddie (Jenkins) the CD but they gave the credit to the new band director, Roman.

I want to post this now but a little later today I'll try to list group names and all of the times and places they are playing.

We disembarked yesterday and there was a lot of music, but where is the Caribbean flavor - steel drum, evenings on deck ect. Also, Celebrity needs to copy Princess and have small intimate areas (not the ensemble lounge with herds walking through) such as a piano bar. Quasar is a wasted area with the silent disco! There are different demographics to address and sound levels need to meet the limited venues.

When I want a drink and a conversation at the martini bar, how can I compete with a dj's blast?

There is no doubt that we enjoyed the Eclipse, and thankfully we can retreat into the quiet of the solarium when the music turns into noise.

Hal

Interesting when giving compliments they will give or take the credit to someone on board.

When making a suggestion or complaining about the lack of or very loud music they will say that they have no control because it is comming form the main offfice.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We disembarked yesterday and there was a lot of music, but where is the Caribbean flavor - steel drum, evenings on deck ect. Also, Celebrity needs to copy Princess and have small intimate areas (not the ensemble lounge with herds walking through) such as a piano bar. Quasar is a wasted area with the silent disco! There are different demographics to address and sound levels need to meet the limited venues.

When I want a drink and a conversation at the martini bar, how can I compete with a dj's blast?

There is no doubt that we enjoyed the Eclipse, and thankfully we can retreat into the quiet of the solarium when the music turns into noise.

Hal

It was wall-to-wall people enjoying themselves at the silent disco last night. I’m looking forward to giving it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've said I would post an example of the daily live music schedule:

It's long ( I wish I knew how to screen shot the "Today" - it would be so much easier) so here goes.

This is JUST the live music starting before dinner-ish and it's a port day:

4:45 - 5:30 Island Music with Michael Redden (solo guitarist) poolside

5:30 - 6:15 Four Elements Dance Band Grand Foyer

6:15 - 7:45 DJ Mace Martini Bar

7:00 - 7:45 Performer in Eclipse Theater

7:15 - 9:00 Ballroom Music Sky Lounge

7:45 - 8:30 Decameron Strings Classical Duo Ensemble Lounge

7:45 - 8:45 Back Before Sunset House Band Foyer

8:45 - 9:30 Michael Redden Ensemble

9:00 - 9:45 Performer in eclipse Theater

9:45- 10:30 Passion Duo (they're REALLY good!!!) Acoustic Duo in Ensemble

9:45 - 10:30 Dance Band in the Foyer

10:00 Silent Disco Deck Party Poolside

10:00 -11:00 DJ in Quasar

10:00 -10:45 House Band in Sky Lounge

10:15 Comedian in Eclipse

10:45 - Late (Midnight-ish) Passion Duo in Ensemble

10:45 - Late Four Elements Dance BAnd in Foyer

11:00 -Late Back Before Sunset House Band in Sky

11:45 - Late DJ in Quasar

Last night and many other nights we've had live performances from the various duos and bands on board in Celebrity Central at 10:15.

It's an innovation Eddie the CD and Roman the band director have come up with and it's a WONDERFUL addition and has been packed each time.

There is also a Hot Glass show from 9:00 - 11:00 tonight (and almost every night)

On past cruises there has been almost nothing to do past 10pm but on this cruise there is so much going on that I have to choose between several things.

It's such a wonderful feeling of "life" and fun!

So glad to hear about all the music on the Eclipse. Can you find out if Roman will still be on for the April 1st cruise please?

Also, if you don't mind, who will be CD and Activities Manager? Thanks.

Ellen

will do

So glad to hear about all the music on the Eclipse. Can you find out if Roman will still be on for the April 1st cruise please?

Also, if you don't mind, who will be CD and Activities Manager? Thanks.

Ellen

I finally talked to Eddy.

He will still be on for your cruise but Roman’s contract ends the end of March.

Reflecting back on our two cruises I think Eddy really might be responsible for all of this wonderful live music.

Regardless of who should get the credit- walking around this ship between 10pm and 12:30 or so there is music everywhere and lots and lots of passengers enjoying it so thank you to all who made it happen!!!

My pet peeve, and very noticeable when you look at the list, is the lack of pre-dinner live music. We love to sit and have a nice drink and relax before dinner. There are so few (if any) places to do that. Years ago, we did that all the time but now the music starts and ends later for the most part. Good for the younger crowd they are trying to entice I guess but not as nice for us older folks. Glad at least one part of the live music is expanding, but wish they would go back to some nice pre-dinner music as well.

My pet peeve, and very noticeable when you look at the list, is the lack of pre-dinner live music. We love to sit and have a nice drink and relax before dinner. There are so few (if any) places to do that. Years ago, we did that all the time but now the music starts and ends later for the most part. Good for the younger crowd they are trying to entice I guess but not as nice for us older folks. Glad at least one part of the live music is expanding, but wish they would go back to some nice pre-dinner music as well.

The list is only from one day and i'm sorry if it gave the wrong impression but there is always live music - either in the foyer or in the Ensemble lounge before dinner!

I finally talked to Eddy.

He will still be on for your cruise but Roman’s contract ends the end of March.

Reflecting back on our two cruises I think Eddy really might be responsible for all of this wonderful live music.

Regardless of who should get the credit- walking around this ship between 10pm and 12:30 or so there is music everywhere and lots and lots of passengers enjoying it so thank you to all who made it happen!!!

Thanks so much for responding. Glad that you like Eddy. A CD does not make or break a cruise for us but a good one certainly enhances it.

Ellen

The list is only from one day and i'm sorry if it gave the wrong impression but there is always live music - either in the foyer or in the Ensemble lounge before dinner!

I think it depends when you eat dinner. We eat at 8:00 and there is never any live music from about 6:30 until 8:00 on the many cruises we have taken on Celebrity this past year. I would love this to change.

It's long ( I wish I knew how to screen shot the "Today" - it would be so much easier) so here goes.

Last night and many other nights we've had live performances from the various duos and bands on board in Celebrity Central at 10:15.

It's an innovation Eddie the CD and Roman the band director have come up with and it's a WONDERFUL addition and has been packed each time.

There is also a Hot Glass show from 9:00 - 11:00 tonight (and almost every night)

On past cruises there has been almost nothing to do past 10pm but on this cruise there is so much going on that I have to choose between several things.

On the Feb. 4 cruise, they had little concerts in the smaller theatre. Once it was the four elements doing Duke Elington and Cole Porter. The other time we went, it was Michael Redden. Both very enjoyable.

We also enjoyed listening to various groups while sitting at the edge of Cafe Bacio.

We’re just off the Eclipse and sitting in the airport lounge listening to four people behind me (who I don’t think I encountered anywhere on the ship) talking about the great quality and variety of live music offered in many venues all around the ship and what a wonderful change it was from their previous Celebrity Cruises.

Just thought I’d share.

We noticed more live music on our recent AUS/NZ cruise on the Solstice, but not as much as you are reporting. And thankfully, not real late at night up on deck (above our stateroom. :eek:) I think that's a Caribbean cruise thing. We leave for Ireland and Iceland in May. I'll try to pay more attention to the music listings.

I agree with someone else's comments that it would be nice to have a venue to sit and listen to music without having passengers walking between us and the music, while on their way to dinner and back. :rolleyes: But that seems to be the layout of most ships. One of my favorite cruises/ships was the Coral Princess. They had lovely room off to the side that had a Big Band playing every night before dinner. :D So relaxing!

BTW - The Solstice had the worse layout of any of the Celebrity ships up in their Sky Lounge. So many people had to stand to listen to the band, karioke, etc.. The huge seating "cubicles" on the side were facing away from the stage/dance floor. No one was sitting in them. hmmm

On the Feb. 4 cruise' date=' they had little concerts in the smaller theatre. Once it was the four elements doing Duke Elington and Cole Porter. The other time we went, it was Michael Redden. Both very enjoyable.

We also enjoyed listening to various groups while sitting at the edge of Cafe Bacio.[/quote']

They continued the concerts on the Feb. 18th cruise.

Eddy said many times that these concerts were an innovation on the Eclipse and that if we liked them we should let Celebrity know.

We had Michael Redden (guitarist) twice , the Passion Duo ( a REALLY fabulous pair of young people - singer and guitarist) a couple of times and also individuals from the Orchestra and/or the House Band doing special concerts.

They continued the concerts on the Feb. 18th cruise.

Eddy said many times that these concerts were an innovation on the Eclipse and that if we liked them we should let Celebrity know.

We had Michael Redden (guitarist) twice , the Passion Duo ( a REALLY fabulous pair of young people - singer and guitarist) a couple of times and also individuals from the Orchestra and/or the House Band doing special concerts.

This summer we will be in Alaska on Solstice.

If they don't have lots of live music, I will tell them about the Eclipse!

Meanwhile I am hoping they have Euphoria, because my 5 and 7 year old grandchildren will love the puppets

4 Elements were a favorite music hang for our 2 week cruise last month