Horizon Havana area- will it be crowded with added cabins?

OSUcruiser

I can agree with that. I don’t agree with the inflated prices for a diluted experience though.

We were able to nab our cabin at a price similar to the spa balcony cabin we had on the Vista. THAT wasn't worth the diluted experience as the spa is horrible, IMO.

But have seen pricing since soaring for Havana cabins. No price drop on board credit expected for us:(

We were able to nab our cabin at a price similar to the spa balcony cabin we had on the Vista. THAT wasn't worth the diluted experience as the spa is horrible, IMO.

But have seen pricing since soaring for Havana cabins. No price drop on board credit expected for us:(

I didn’t care for the Spa at all on Vista. We did a cabin crawl and one couple had a Spa Suite. You could hear people dropping free weights on their ceiling. No way would I be happy!

I can agree with that. I don’t agree with the inflated prices for a diluted experience though.

People have choices.... I was willing to pay extra for the nicer balcony/porch area and a very relaxed and uncrowded limited access atmosphere with above average service and more attention to my needs. That was worth the extra money in our minds. Will never sail in general cabins on a ship which offers Havana

People have choices.... I was willing to pay extra for the nicer balcony/porch area and a very relaxed and uncrowded limited access atmosphere with above average service and more attention to my needs. That was worth the extra money in our minds. Will never sail in general cabins on a ship which offers Havana

I understand and I wouldn’t go back on Vista without being in a Havana cabin. But I can’t see paying all that money for Horizon with more people.

I understand and I wouldn’t go back on Vista without being in a Havana cabin. But I can’t see paying all that money for Horizon with more people.

True point...Need to hear some feedback on the impact/feel once she sets sail stateside.

• 5 weeks later...
What extra Hahanna cabins are added on Horizon that Vista doesn't have?

Its my understanding they've added/designated some balcony cabins in addition to the aft cabins on several of the upper decks. Just for the Horizon...not the Vista

we were on the vista last year and it was very quiet the ship was full and around 14 people we saw on it the same people every day, it was wonderful! and no little kids! truly awesome if your cruising during the school holidays.

I noticed that they are adding additional cabins to the Havana program on the Horizon. Any experienced Vista Havana travelers want to weigh in? They are adding additional aft balcony cabins to Havana. We are looking at an aft wrap.

Thanks in advance!

Curious, how many cabins/people now on Vista for Havana area and how many will be for Horizon?

Curious, how many cabins/people now on Vista for Havana area and how many will be for Horizon?

Not sure about number of cabins....But I heard Vista has capacity for 130 passengers (Havana) Horizon will be 170-175 Havana passengers.

What extra Hahanna cabins are added on Horizon that Vista doesn't have?

Its my understanding they've added/designated some balcony cabins in addition to the aft cabins on several of the upper decks. Just for the Horizon...not the Vista
On decks 8 & 9, the two corner aft wraps as well as the middle 6 aft balconies on each deck will now have Havana area access and designation on the Horizon unlike their corresponding counterparts on the Vista. This will result in a total of 16 additional cabins having access to the Havana area.

Based on double occupancy, the Vista has 61 cabins or 122 possible people in the area. The Horizon will have 77 cabins, or 154 possible people in the area. It's a 26% increase in possible people. I have not seen any footage on YouTube or have heard about any postings on these boards about a high percentage of the 122 possible people swarming all over the Havana area and loungers were thus not available.

I personally don't think that increasing the possibility to 154 will impact the opportunity to find a lounger of your choice to be able to relax in an area where there are no under age 11 rug rats running amok while their parents take a vacation from parenting. This has happened to me too many times on other cruises and since getting space at the Serenity area is usually a crap shoot, having the almost guarantee of the Havana area is worth the extra expense, IMHO and 32 possible extra people should not be a dilution. I will find out first hand when I sail on her this Labor Day weekend for 8 days out of NYC and Labor Day weekend 2019 for 8 days doing the Southern Caribbean out of Miami.

On decks 8 & 9, the two corner aft wraps as well as the middle 6 aft balconies on each deck will now have Havana area access and designation on the Horizon unlike their corresponding counterparts on the Vista. This will result in a total of 16 additional cabins having access to the Havana area.

Based on double occupancy, the Vista has 61 cabins or 122 possible people in the area. The Horizon will have 77 cabins, or 154 possible people in the area. It's a 26% increase in possible people. I have not seen any footage on YouTube or have heard about any postings on these boards about a high percentage of the 122 possible people swarming all over the Havana area and loungers were thus not available.

I personally don't think that increasing the possibility to 154 will impact the opportunity to find a lounger of your choice to be able to relax in an area where there are no under age 11 rug rats running amok while their parents take a vacation from parenting. This has happened to me too many times on other cruises and since getting space at the Serenity area is usually a crap shoot, having the almost guarantee of the Havana area is worth the extra expense, IMHO and 32 possible extra people should not be a dilution. I will find out first hand when I sail on her this Labor Day weekend for 8 days out of NYC and Labor Day weekend 2019 for 8 days doing the Southern Caribbean out of Miami.

We stayed in a Havana Cabana on the Vista in April. The pool were never crowded, the most being about 40 people on the 2nd sea day, the rest of the time significantly less.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

We are cruising the Horizon in September and are staying in a Spa Balcony room. Does anyone know if this allows us access to the Havana area? What are the thoughts on the Serenity adults only section? Does this area fill up?

Hello,

We are cruising the Horizon in September and are staying in a Spa Balcony room. Does anyone know if this allows us access to the Havana area? What are the thoughts on the Serenity adults only section? Does this area fill up?

No it does not. Only Havana class cabins but you can go after 7pm with everyone else. I didn’t go up to Serenity but once in port as I had a Havana cabin.

The only times that the Serenity area is not full is when there is bad weather or sometimes while the ship is in port.

Worthwhile to get to the Serenity section early in the morning and reserve a spot? What time does the Serenity bar open in the morning?

Worthwhile to get to the Serenity section early in the morning and reserve a spot? What time does the Serenity bar open in the morning?
Yes, but please utilize the area when you arrive and not just become a chair hog. No idea as to what time the bar there opens. I know they have a new salad bar in Serenity for lunch that is supposed to be good.

Yes, but please utilize the area when you arrive and not just become a chair hog. No idea as to what time the bar there opens. I know they have a new salad bar in Serenity for lunch that is supposed to be good.

Yes, we would most likely use it all day in the morning until we go for lunch.

I have only ever been to all inclusive resorts and can not stand it when I'm at the beach / pool at 7 and see towels and loungers that go untouched for 3-4 hours.

And if you decide to do the salad bar right there for lunch, you don't have to give up your lounger for the afternoon in case you wish to make a full day of it there. The only other times you would need to get up would be to get a another cold libation or to use the facilities.

And if you decide to do the salad bar right there for lunch, you don't have to give up your lounger for the afternoon in case you wish to make a full day of it there. The only other times you would need to get up would be to get a another cold libation or to use the facilities.

Do they have a wait staff there taking orders and delivering to your chair?