Port Canaveral to Cocoa Beach

laurla3

Hi there - First time posting, so not sure if I'm posting in the right spot! On the NCL Breakaway in a few weeks and we stop at Port Canaveral. Looking to go to Cocoa Beach for a few hours but other than taking the shuttle through NCL, could anyone recommend the best/cheapest way to get there? Can you get Ubers from the cruise terminal areas? I've read about shuttles - but they seem to be going to and from airports to hotels in the Cocoa Beach area. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I agree, uber or lyft. You could ask them to drop you at the Cocoa Beach Pier, It shouldn't be too expensive. Are you just looking to go to the beach? If so, you could visit Jetty Park which is very close to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was an independent bus/shuttle that the crew used to get to town. You can also purchase tickets for the ride and there are set pick-up locations. The cost was minimal but I can’t remember exactly how much because it was a few years ago.

Hi - yes we just want some time at a beach. I read about Jetty Park but most people said Cocoa Beach....so I wasn't sure if there was a huge difference, if we just wanted some time at a beach. Is Cocoa Beach a "community/town" and not just a beach?

I agree, uber or lyft. You could ask them to drop you at the Cocoa Beach Pier, It shouldn't be too expensive. Are you just looking to go to the beach? If so, you could visit Jetty Park which is very close to the port.

The ship has an excursion to Cocoa Beach that is just the shuttle. Off the top of my head it was $19 per person and ran continuously. Since we had a $50 shore excursion credit for us it was free. Don't know how many in your party or if you have the credit but it was seamless.

We just did this in February2018

Jetty Beach- you can walk from the cruise ship. Its a beach only- no shops.

Cocoa Beach- there is a shuttle service right at the pier for $15.00 per person round trip. They drop you off at the Four Points Sheraton. From there you can go to the beach, shop, restaurants. Its all there. When you are ready to go back to the ship, return to the drop off point. They have shuttles leaving every few minutes. Very smooth.

(FYI - we rented bicycles at that spot for only $10per person/ 4 hours- Quite the bargain! )

There is a city bus that runs every 1/2 hour but we were too lazy to figure out where the bus stop is. Route # 9 https://321transit.com/

Thanks for this info! I"m thinking if we just want some beach time with the kids (playing in the sand, swimming) Jetty Beach would do? I'm assuming it's free to go to? Thanks again!

We just did this in February2018

Jetty Beach- you can walk from the cruise ship. Its a beach only- no shops.

Cocoa Beach- there is a shuttle service right at the pier for $15.00 per person round trip. They drop you off at the Four Points Sheraton. From there you can go to the beach, shop, restaurants. Its all there. When you are ready to go back to the ship, return to the drop off point. They have shuttles leaving every few minutes. Very smooth.

(FYI - we rented bicycles at that spot for only $10per person/ 4 hours- Quite the bargain! )

There is a city bus that runs every 1/2 hour but we were too lazy to figure out where the bus stop is. Route # 9 https://321transit.com/

Thanks for this info! I"m thinking if we just want some beach time with the kids (playing in the sand, swimming) Jetty Beach would do? I'm assuming it's free to go to? Thanks again!

Jetty beach will totally do

On the other side of the pier is a huge beach. You can walk forever, lots of sand, sometimes surfers, even saw dolphins.

Here is all the info about Jetty Beach!

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Recreation/Jetty-Park-Beach-Pier

Looks like people are charged to drive in but I don't see any fee if you walk in.

Beach Rental Prices

Hourly Daily Beach Chair Set-Up* $10 $20 Umbrella $10 $10 Bodyboard $5 $10 Surfboard $10 $30 Kayak $20 $30 Paddle Boards (SUP) $20 $30 Bike $15 * Includes 2 lounges, cushions, & umbrella

Thanks!

here is all the info about jetty beach!

https://www.portcanaveral.com/recreation/jetty-park-beach-pier

looks like people are charged to drive in but i don't see any fee if you walk in.

beach rental prices

hourly daily beach chair set-up* $10 $20 umbrella $10 $10 bodyboard $5 $10 surfboard $10 $30 kayak $20 $30 paddle boards (sup) $20 $30 bike $15 * includes 2 lounges, cushions, & umbrella

How far is the walk and is it equivalent to Cocoa beach?

Jetty Park is a quick walk, maybe 10-15 minutes. It is the same as Cocoa Beach minus the shops and restaurants. FishLips has opened a little quick serve type place where you can purchase light snacks and drinks. I know if you arrive via vehicle you have to pay an entrance fee ($20.00 I believe if non Brevard County resident). I do not think you have to pay if on foot.

We did the Cocoa Beach excursion through the ship and it wound up being free because of the shore excursion credit. When you arrive they will tell you to do your beach rentals where they drop you off and then there is quite a walk to the beach carrying it. But once we got to the beach there was another rental company right there. It would have been much easier that way. Lesson learned.

I read on another thread that the walking distance to Jetty Beach depends on which terminal the ship docks at in port canaveral If your ship docks at terminal 1 or 3,it is within walking distance. I'm on the BA for the upcoming 3/4/18 cruise, and I researched and found ship docks at terminal c10. So unfortunately, a cab ride is necessary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app