Princess Coffee Cards now have expiration dates

whatcruiseisnext

I agree. We have several unused cards that we got as minibar exchanges so if they expire we will lose another perk.

How do u exchange your mini bar for coffee cards? Who do I contact? We never use the ship’s mini bar but put our own beverages in it. Also doing 4 back to back cruises. Appears they can not be transferable between Princess ships. Thanks travelling canucks

How do u exchange your mini bar for coffee cards? Who do I contact? We never use the ship’s mini bar but put our own beverages in it. Also doing 4 back to back cruises. Appears they can not be transferable between Princess ships. Thanks travelling canucks[/]

You just have to call room service and tell them you want to trade your Elite mini bar for 2 coffee cards. They’ll send someone up to collect (be sure it’s all there) and leave the cards for you. Repeat for each of the B2B’s. You could also exchange for 1 bottle of wine. As far as being transferable, yes the punches can be used on any future ship. They write the ship name and voyage on the back because the free brewed coffee is only for that voyage. But I try to finish out old cards and if I want brewed coffee, I just ask them to punch the card. Some do and some just wave you on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do u exchange your mini bar for coffee cards? Who do I contact? We never use the ship’s mini bar but put our own beverages in it. Also doing 4 back to back cruises. Appears they can not be transferable between Princess ships. Thanks travelling canucks

Just to be clear:

There is a difference between contents in the refrigerator and a complementary "Elite" mini bar.

Sometimes, there is water and a few soft drinks in the refrigerator in a standard stateroom. They will charge you for anything you consume. These can not be traded for two coffee cards.

Elite members and suite passengers are given a complimentary mini bar that consists of 10 liquors and 10 non-alcoholic beverages. These may all be turned in for coffee cards.

Your coffee card may be used on any Princess ship. The only time the fresh brewed coffee is "free" is on the first voyage of the card. After that, anything you order from the coffee bar will require a punch (at the discretion of the barista).

I haven't seen any for sale with expiration dates on them yet.

The two we received last month on CB for the bar change out had no expiration date. They also have no cruise number on the back. I'll just give them to some friends who are going to Hawaii on the Grand in March.

The two we received last month on CB for the bar change out had no expiration date. They also have no cruise number on the back. I'll just give them to some friends who are going to Hawaii on the Grand in March.

It's always been inconsistent in the way the cards are marked depending on the crew & ship.

I'm wondering how the ones with expiration dates will sell on eBay in the future. Once people see a card with an expiration date on it they may be hesitant on a purchase.

It's a little to soon to tell since expiration dates have just begun and there no clear explanation to what they really mean.

Inconsistent is the word of the day. Last Fall on my Royal transatlantic, changing out the beverage stuff for 2 coffee cards, they aren't marked. I only used 1 for a few punches, but I'll use them on my upcoming 30 day Emerald cruise. I'll get 2 more, will be interesting to see how those look! :) I don't sell them, wouldn't do it.

Inconsistent is the word of the day. Last Fall on my Royal transatlantic, changing out the beverage stuff for 2 coffee cards, they aren't marked. I only used 1 for a few punches, but I'll use them on my upcoming 30 day Emerald cruise. I'll get 2 more, will be interesting to see how those look! :) I don't sell them, wouldn't do it.

I said the same thing but after a while they build up so what can you do with them?

Sooner or later Princess will discontinue the courtesy of swapping out the mini bar for coffee cards. And it is a courtesy that Princess extends to suites and elites who don't want the beverages.

Perhaps a mini bar for 2 specialty dinners on that cruise only? Of maybe no trade out available at all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Sooner or later Princess will discontinue the courtesy of swapping out the mini bar for coffee cards. And it is a courtesy that Princess extends to suites and elites who don't want the beverages.

Perhaps a mini bar for 2 specialty dinners on that cruise only? Of maybe no trade out available at all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I plan to start giving them away since I have quite a few cards unwritten on and expect they'll sooner or later not be any good. I'll take them to my CC Meet & Greets and offer to whomever would like them!

I've always said it would be so nice if Princess would allow the mini bar to be traded for a specialty dining for 2 (roughly the same Princess value anyway and there wouldn't be a problem with carryovers to future cruises). Options are always good. And why not allow Elites & Suites to specify their choice in the cruise personalizer so that the stewards don't go to the trouble of setting up the bar in a cabin that will always trade for something else? Just like specifying the bed arrangement preferences.

I plan to start giving them away since I have quite a few cards unwritten on and expect they'll sooner or later not be any good. I'll take them to my CC Meet & Greets and offer to whomever would like them!

I've always said it would be so nice if Princess would allow the mini bar to be traded for a specialty dining for 2 (roughly the same Princess value anyway and there wouldn't be a problem with carryovers to future cruises). Options are always good. And why not allow Elites & Suites to specify their choice in the cruise personalizer so that the stewards don't go to the trouble of setting up the bar in a cabin that will always trade for something else? Just like specifying the bed arrangement preferences.

Room service is in charge of setting up the mini-bar. They come in with sets of drinks bundled in plastic wrap. Takes just a minute to unwrap and place in appropriate places.

Sometimes, only one mini-bar is set up in a suite (you have to request the Elite bar).

I generally wait a day or two before exchanging anything (on a longer cruise). Room Service is swamped the first few hours on embarkation day.

Room service is in charge of setting up the mini-bar. They come in with sets of drinks bundled in plastic wrap. Takes just a minute to unwrap and place in appropriate places.

Sometimes, only one mini-bar is set up in a suite (you have to request the Elite bar).

I generally wait a day or two before exchanging anything (on a longer cruise). Room Service is swamped the first few hours on embarkation day.

My point exactly! I know room service is in charge but it's a service that a person must perform and could be avoided by adding an option to the personalizer.

My, what a lot of interest in coffee cards. I have one I haven't fully used and hope to use it on our next cruise. We recently did a Princess cruise to NZ out of Brisbane and was amazed that we were given Platinum status when this was only our second Princess Cruise. Seems this was because of our cruises with P&O Australia. The best part of it was the free WiFi. Liked the future cruises booking where we booked another cruise for only $100 deposit, got extra O.B.C. ($400 instead of $200) and cabin upgrade. Does Princess Cruises still recognize P&O Australia loyalty? Have heard they do not. :hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from the Ruby. We've been using a very old card (one of the King, Queen Jack set) for punches with no problems, although one server said they wouldn't punch for brewed, but she was wrong.

However, I asked one at the International Cafe today if the new cards had expiration dates, and she said yes. I then asked if that meant we couldn't use the punches after that and she said the entire card expired, so no, couldn't use them. My comment was we paid for them, so Princess was just taking our money. She didn't, of course, have an answer for that.

And something just occurred to me. If you buy a groupon for a restaurant - it has an expiration for the value of the deal, but it reverts to a simple gift card for the value of what you paid, which never expires. In other words, if I buy a 75.00 deal for a dinner worth 100.00 and I don't use it, I have a 75.00 gift card. So, maybe they should figure the cost you paid for each punch, and you get that credit towards your beverage.

Hopefully by the time I have a sip and sail so trade the mini bar for coffee card decision, they'll have enough complaints that the punches remain valid.

Greetings from the Ruby. We've been using a very old card (one of the King, Queen Jack set) for punches with no problems, although one server said they wouldn't punch for brewed, but she was wrong.

However, I asked one at the International Cafe today if the new cards had expiration dates, and she said yes. I then asked if that meant we couldn't use the punches after that and she said the entire card expired, so no, couldn't use them. My comment was we paid for them, so Princess was just taking our money. She didn't, of course, have an answer for that.

And something just occurred to me. If you buy a groupon for a restaurant - it has an expiration for the value of the deal, but it reverts to a simple gift card for the value of what you paid, which never expires. In other words, if I buy a 75.00 deal for a dinner worth 100.00 and I don't use it, I have a 75.00 gift card. So, maybe they should figure the cost you paid for each punch, and you get that credit towards your beverage.

Hopefully by the time I have a sip and sail so trade the mini bar for coffee card decision, they'll have enough complaints that the punches remain valid.

I also check with them on the Royal & they couldn't give me a direct answer about the same question.

Actually they didn't want to talk to me to long because at the time they were trying to sell new coffee cards to perspective customers.

All I really wanted to know is if they'll still accept the card for coffees AFTER the date printed on the bottom.

I've got to ask the food & beverage manager since the workers don't seem to have an answer.

More to follow..... :mad:

I then asked if that meant we couldn't use the punches after that and she said the entire card expired, so no, couldn't use them. My comment was we paid for them, so Princess was just taking our money.

If you are told the cards have an expiration date, and one buys the card knowing that, that seems fair.

I guess the question is -- are old cards good forever...

You are looking at these card as IF there are in the USA - these ships are Not regestered here, therefore not following our rules on gift cards

Somewhere on this thread a poster said they had gotten a card on the Ruby that did not have an expiration date. Can someone who has gotten one in exchange for mini bar recently confirm?

Somewhere on this thread a poster said they had gotten a card on the Ruby that did not have an expiration date. Can someone who has gotten one in exchange for mini bar recently confirm?

We have six of those cards with no expiration date. At this point princess is still not sure how those cards will be handled in the future. My guess is that princess will continue to honor the cards with no expiration dates for punches to get to specialty coffees until those just disappear. Princess has not gone in a direction to say that those cards will no longer be good and that is what people are worried about. It is my opinion that it Not anything to worry about, cards with no expiration dates will be good, my opinion

Just got off the Ruby today and yes we exchanged our mini-bar setup for 2 coffee cards and they have the expiration date of 12/31/2018 on back. Our next cruise unfortunately is on the Regal Princess in September where fresh brewed coffee is always available in Horizon Court. So if it holds true that these cards will totally expire then we will share as many punches as possible with our 4 traveling companions for the Specialty brews.

Who knows we just might make some "new friends" on the cruise and treat them to some Lattes, Cappuccinos and brews of their choices but don't plan to leave any punches remaining on those cards!;p