Platinum Status

javajunkie59

I am currently 13 sea days shy of platinum status. I just booked a "Journeys cruise" of 14 days. Since I will make Platinum status during the cruise, will I be treated as Platinum upon embarkation on the cruise?:cool:

Go online to Manage My Cruise on the Carnival site. Click on Print Luggage Tags. Even if you haven't paid in full, you can see your luggage tags. They should already show "Priority".

We too will be turning Platinum on our next cruise and our luggage tags say "Priority".

Yup! Great planning! I am about 20 sailing days ahead of my hubby. When we went on a cruise a few years ago, he "should" have still been red because he wouldn't have qualifed for Gold until near the end of our cruise. At the time, we didn't think Carnival upgraded you until AFTER you had completed the required number of days. He kept joking around before the cruise and complaining about having to wear a Red badge while I got a Gold one. When we checked in at the pier and the gal handed him a Gold card, he was beyond excited. I kept telling him that I was going to go to Member Services and make them give him a Red card. We had a good chuckle about it for the entire week. After our upcoming cruise on the Valor, I'll be 20 days away from Platinum. I'd love to do the same thing with booking a 7 day, then a 14 day cruise to get Platinum on the second cruise. Unfortunately for me, as a school employee, I can't do any of Carnival's 14 day cruises as they don't have any during the summer. Boohoo!

We normally only cruise every other year. We went on one in February of 2017 which gave us 63 days. We booked the Horizon for 8 days for February, 2019. That would give us 71 days, 4 short of making Platinum. We bit the bullet and took a five day cruise on the Paradise in October to see Cuba. Now we will be Platinum on the Horizon.