Suite room service

islandchick

Not the same. Can't give you examples but I think each level between veranda, concierge, aqua and suite seems to add something. Suites can order anything from the mdr menu. Might be limited hours for that, but it is definitely expanded beyond the other menus.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Not the same. Can't give you examples but I think each level between veranda, concierge, aqua and suite seems to add something. Suites can order anything from the mdr menu. Might be limited hours for that, but it is definitely expanded beyond the other menus.

I am fairly sure all rooms can order off the MDR menu when the MDR is open. Also all rooms can order from the room service daily menu. The ‘pay for’ items are still pay for even in the top suites. Suites can not generally order from the Luminae or speciality menus.

I think there may be a few differences between breakfast options....Certainly when in a suite we have had no issues ordering any breakfast items via the TV. Hopefully someone with experiences of ordering breakfast in other category rooms will comment. We tend to use the TV rather than the ‘card’ for breakfast orders as then you can actually decide in the morning what you want rather than the night before...

All staterooms can order from the MDR menu for lunch and dinner during operating hours. Has been this way for at least 20 years.

Call your butler for room service. It is a better experience.

Of course but, however you order, you butler is likely to deliver it.

It is, in our view, perhaps the only disadvantage of having a suite. If you just want a quiet, no fuss evening, your butler is likely to want to come, lay the table and serve you. Brilliant most of the time but there are just times you do not want the formality.

Of course but, however you order, you butler is likely to deliver it.

It is, in our view, perhaps the only disadvantage of having a suite. If you just want a quiet, no fuss evening, your butler is likely to want to come, lay the table and serve you. Brilliant most of the time but there are just times you do not want the formality.

Of course you can always be your own butler and carry food back to your room from the OVC buffet. Once when my dear wife was sick I went to Luminae and they made a plate for her that I brought back to our cabin.

Of course you can always be your own butler and carry food back to your room from the OVC buffet. Once when my dear wife was sick I went to Luminae and they made a plate for her that I brought back to our cabin.

Yes, this is what we usually do but sometimes what we fancy is only available from room service and, when we do collect our own, if any butler sees us doing it ...

(Really, this is not a serious complaint. It becomes a little bit of a game. Which of us is better sneaking past the butlers. Easier, of course, on S-class ships than on M-class. In certain ports on the M-class PH balcony, a butler useful for fending off the gulls.)

This is my personal opinion, but I'd feel awkward carrying food from the OVC around the ship. I see people doing it, getting in lifts with plates of food etc. I think it looks awful.

Phil

Yes, this is what we usually do but sometimes what we fancy is only available from room service and, when we do collect our own, if any butler sees us doing it ...

(Really, this is not a serious complaint. It becomes a little bit of a game. Which of us is better sneaking past the butlers. Easier, of course, on S-class ships than on M-class. In certain ports on the M-class PH balcony, a butler useful for fending off the gulls.)

Sue, I know exactly where you are coming from!

Our issue sometimes is with breakfast....much as some days we will enjoy Luminae and others we will enjoy Tuscan for a change sometimes we just want very crispy real ( not American) bacon and a round of toast.

Experience has resulted in us realising ‘crispy’ is not in the vocabulary of room service. Hence we creep to OV, raid the bacon for the crispiest morsels, grab some toast and leg it back to the room before our butler spots us and wants to put out the white cloth.....

Ah, the stress and challenges of the sweet, suite life...Four weeks to go! Can’t wait to eat breakfast in the sunshine!

I am happy to eat with the other classes if I want something not on the room service menu. No need to play hide from the butler games just eat in the buffet, no gulls to contend with most days either :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my personal opinion, but I'd feel awkward carrying food from the OVC around the ship. I see people doing it, getting in lifts with plates of food etc. I think it looks awful.

Phil

You could always bring Tupperware and fill those containers with buffet food, then discretely hide them in a bag. Hold a cellphone to your ear and pretend to be having a conversation as you head back to the cabin (suggest you turn off the ringer, just in case).

You could always bring Tupperware and fill those containers with buffet food, then discretely hide them in a bag. Hold a cellphone to your ear and pretend to be having a conversation as you head back to the cabin (suggest you turn off the ringer, just in case).

Haha, yes. I’d forgotten about Tupperware. Modern Luxury indeed!

Phil

The suites breakfast menu is different from some of the other class menus. I think the main difference is you have a choice of eggs - Fried, Scrambled, Poached, Soft Boiled, Hard boiled etc. If I recall you can also order regular OJ or Fresh Squeezed .

In a suite and I am not sure if this is true of other categories if you want something not on the menu just write it in and it will be delivered.

Phil

NO it doesn’t.....las week my wife was sick i was the butler. Going to the OVC And getting the food for her without any problem or embarrassment....we were on RS...the food on OVC was much better than the Lumanae

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NO it doesn’t.....las week my wife was sick i was the butler. Going to the OVC And getting the food for her without any problem or embarrassment....we were on RS...the food on OVC was much better than the Lumanae

I think it does. I've been sick on the ship a number of times and have never felt the need to send anyone to the OVC to get food for me. Room service will do it. And I haven't necessarily been in a suite either. The talk here of not wanting to disturb the butler? My experience has always been this is exactly the sort of thing they like to be involved in because it gives them the chance to impress and be appreciated. Makes a big difference to their working day. Avoids that lingering smell of cooking in the lift that is a delight for all too.

Phil

I am fairly sure all rooms can order off the MDR menu when the MDR is open. Also all rooms can order from the room service daily menu. The ‘pay for’ items are still pay for even in the top suites. Suites can not generally order from the Luminae or speciality menus....

The “pay for” items in the room service menu are no charge for Royal, Penthouse, Signature and Reflection Suites. I know this because I have ordered the crab cake benedict several times while in a Royal or Penthouse Suite and not been charged.

I was told by my butler last year when in a Penthouse that the only suite that can order from Luminae is the Penthouse (or Reflection Suite). Even then it needs to be approved by the Luminae manager.

The Penthouse and Reflection Suites can also order from the specialty restaurant menus (and possibly other categories, I was in the Penthouse at the time so only can confirm for that category or above).

The butlers generally discourage ordering from the specialty restaurants and Luminae as the food comes all at once not in courses and tends to get cold as it sits (even under a covered tray) and diminishes the food experience for those restaurants. That’s what our butler last year told us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and no - those are extra perks sometimes extended to top suites, but are discretionary and not guaranteed.

Agreed. All types of special privileges are sometime grated to guests in these suites, often for particular reasons. It does not pay to expect them as that may lead to disappointment.

Agreed. All types of special privileges are sometime grated to guests in these suites, often for particular reasons. It does not pay to expect them as that may lead to disappointment.

Agree....For example, a young couple we met on a recent cruise were traveling with an 18 month son whose tolerance to sitting in Luminae was two courses! To the benefit of all they frequently had dessert delivered to their suite...Last cruise I was wearing a rather heavy orthopaedic boot. Murano’s were kind enough to send a cheese plate to the suite as I was becoming too uncomfortable to remain any longer in the restaurant. Not a perk I would normally request or expect but it was much appreciated!

I also think there is an air of reasonableness about requesting something ‘above and beyond’ standard too. For example, speaking to the M’D a few days before a special anniversary and asking if it would be possible to have a Luminae or Murano meal in your suite on that evening is very different than telephone your butler at 6.30pm asking for a Luminae delivery at 7pm and being disappointed if that request is not fulfilled....

Edited by chemmo

Agree....For example, a young couple we met on a recent cruise were traveling with an 18 month son whose tolerance to sitting in Luminae was two courses! To the benefit of all they frequently had dessert delivered to their suite...Last cruise I was wearing a rather heavy orthopaedic boot. Murano’s were kind enough to send a cheese plate to the suite as I was becoming too uncomfortable to remain any longer in the restaurant. Not a perk I would normally request or expect but it was much appreciated!

Luminae seem happy to have desert delivered to your suite as we've had it before at the suggestion of the maitre 'd as we were running late for a show. But yes, I wouldn't take it for granted. That would be unfair on the staff.

I also think there is an air of reasonableness about requesting something ‘above and beyond’ standard too. For example, speaking to the M’D a few days before a special anniversary and asking if it would be possible to have a Luminae or Murano meal in your suite on that evening is very different than telephone your butler at 6.30pm asking for a Luminae delivery at 7pm and being disappointed if that request is not fulfilled....

I think it's reasonable too if asked for in a courteous manner which I'm sure it would be. I also think that the staff relish the opportunity to make you happy.

The customer feedback forms are extremely important to staff. Being named as going above and beyond is important to them, so many see it as an opportunity to get their name mentioned favourably. I'm also sure that those that do go above and beyond would be rewarded accordingly so it's all good.

I know there are a few on here that seem opposed to a passenger receiving something they believe they are not entitled to, but things are different in the real world. If I were a Luminae maitre 'd, I'd want to be seeing my name all over cruise critic as 'that guy who takes care of you' as a matter of professional pride.

I think it's reasonable too if asked for in a courteous manner which I'm sure it would be. I also think that the staff relish the opportunity to make you happy.

The customer feedback forms are extremely important to staff. Being named as going above and beyond is important to them, so many see it as an opportunity to get their name mentioned favourably. I'm also sure that those that do go above and beyond would be rewarded accordingly so it's all good.

I totally agree with this and it was something I alluded to in my post above.

Phil