Equinox Aft Facing Veranda Cabins-Which Are The Better Ones?

florida lover

• 2 months later...
We've stayed in 1667 and 1670 and have 1668 booked for 2018, albeit on Eclipse. In our opinion, Deck 11 is the "sweet" spot. You're as high up as you can get, while still having a buffer between your cabin and the bar.

Did you have any preference to the above rooms ... all same? Did you notice any noise from the buffet above? Realize there is a deck between so won't hear the chairs scraping but wondering about noise in general ... talking/music?

I booked deck 10 ... 1409, but wondering if should move up one deck. None of the larger balconies are available on any deck so that is not in play in my decision (sadly).

Did you have any preference to the above rooms ... all same? Did you notice any noise from the buffet above? Realize there is a deck between so won't hear the chairs scraping but wondering about noise in general ... talking/music?

I booked deck 10 ... 1409, but wondering if should move up one deck. None of the larger balconies are available on any deck so that is not in play in my decision (sadly).

You are responding to a post that's a year old, so you might not get an answer from Maligator. That said, we are booked in 1674 on the Eclipse for next month, and the research that I'd done indicated that noise isn't an issue.

We heard no noise inside the cabin and very little while outside. The sound of the wake churning tends to wash out most of the noise.

We were in #1674 (C1 on Deck 11) on the Equinox back in Nov. You could definitely feel the side to side movement more up there, so our next cruise we're moving down to an SV on deck 7 on the Silhouette. Soot really wasn't an issue for us. We're early risers so a quick wipe down in the morning and we'd have breakfast on the veranda. A lot of days there was no soot on the towel we used.

We prefer deck 11 as there are cabins above and below. We like the corner aft S1 cabins with the wraparound balcony, but if the price is too great between them and the S2s we opt for the S2, which is right next door. We love the aft cabins, don't mind the long walk (the calorie burning is a good thing) and it's quiet there. We wouldn't get deck 12 because of the bar right above.

We were in #1674 (C1 on Deck 11) on the Equinox back in Nov. You could definitely feel the side to side movement more up there, so our next cruise we're moving down to an SV on deck 7 on the Silhouette. Soot really wasn't an issue for us. We're early risers so a quick wipe down in the morning and we'd have breakfast on the veranda. A lot of days there was no soot on the towel we used.

Interesting to hear about the side movement on that deck. Now I am really considering moving down. Dang I so overthink things LOL. Was even wondering if deck 6 would be good, realize it is above Tuscan but don't expect would be much noise from there. My main concern on deck 6 is whether it would be too low and not get enough view/feel of the water compared to being a bit higher. There is one cabin left on 8, that might be good meet in the middle location.

Decisions Decisions. Choices are not a good thing for me ahahahhaha (or for Celebrity since I must drive them crazy changing rooms).

Interesting to hear about the side movement on that deck. Now I am really considering moving down. Dang I so overthink things LOL. Was even wondering if deck 6 would be good, realize it is above Tuscan but don't expect would be much noise from there. My main concern on deck 6 is whether it would be too low and not get enough view/feel of the water compared to being a bit higher. There is one cabin left on 8, that might be good meet in the middle location.

Decisions Decisions. Choices are not a good thing for me ahahahhaha (or for Celebrity since I must drive them crazy changing rooms).

Choices are a GOOD thing. I lost count of how many times I changed cabins until the one I was fixated on came up. DW threatened to host an intervention if I didn't stop. :p

Personally, the side to side motion didn't bother me, DW on the other hand is more sensitive but she was fine with it too. Just had to up her Gravol dosage. :D

Choices are a GOOD thing. I lost count of how many times I changed cabins until the one I was fixated on came up. DW threatened to host an intervention if I didn't stop. :p

Personally, the side to side motion didn't bother me, DW on the other hand is more sensitive but she was fine with it too. Just had to up her Gravol dosage. :D

Well here's a tip for you (if not already discovered) so as to not to lose count; each updated invoice celebrity emails you has a number on it and I won't tell you what number I"m up to now. Let's just say if someone had told me I made that many changes to my booking, either changing date/ship or room, I"d have laughed and thought they were nuts. Oh and I don't sail for months hahahahaha. Oh my. Guess I need help too.

Edit to add that I will stick with my room for now and only change if one of the wider ones towards the mid aft open up after final payment. One can hope.

The decks that have the noise(scrapping from chairs above) are under the back part of the OVC. The noise is usually early in the mornings and after nine in the evenings. These are also the decks that are fully covered on each ship, but you can still get sun. The spider is always down a deck or two, but on both sides of the corner aft suites. If you are not is a suite, the spider does not affect you! I have never encountered soot on my balcony, but I usually sail in Europe and not the Caribbean...Personally, I have never felt any side motion and love the aft for sleeping...although in very high seas, I think I did...? I also find the aft to be very quiet!

The decks that have the noise(scrapping from chairs above) are under the back part of the OVC. The noise is usually early in the mornings and after nine in the evenings. These are also the decks that are fully covered on each ship, but you can still get sun. The spider is always down a deck or two, but on both sides of the corner aft suites. If you are not is a suite, the spider does not affect you! I have never encountered soot on my balcony, but I usually sail in Europe and not the Caribbean...Personally, I have never felt any side motion and love the aft for sleeping...although in very high seas, I think I did...? I also find the aft to be very quiet!
I didn't feel it very much, but I think that might have been because I ingested just the right amount of libations. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk