Recommendation. Fort Lauderdale hotels, on beach without resort fees for family

Newfie Girl

Best Western Oceanside, no resort fee, I s 100 yards from the ocean with free hot breakfast, bar, bar food menu, washer/dryers, sun trolley, water taxi, regular bus are within walking distance. No shuttle from airport/port.

Bahia Mar is across the street from the beach.

Beachside Village Resort looks fabulous but its unavailable for our dates.

My preference is something on the beach but I'm finding the resort fees and parking adding another $100/per night to cost.

Still looking so any advice is appreciated.

I am not sure where you are seeing "Resort Fees" adding $100/night. Most resort fees are per room, not per person.

I am not sure where you are seeing "Resort Fees" adding $100/night. Most resort fees are per room, not per person.

And parking fees at the Fort Lauderdale hotels that charge them are usually in the $25/night range unlike South Beach where they start around $40 and only go up.

Resort fees AND parking adding another $100/per night to cost.

I booked a hotel and paid for it upfront (I have the option to cancel before specific date) and then in the fine print it was $50.00 US per night resort feels and $39.00 US per day parking.

I understand that we will likely have to pay for parking and perhaps even resort fees but it would be nice if at least the resort fees were stated somewhere before you book the room.

Do you need a car? :confused: At $39 for parking plus the cost of the rental you can taxi or Uber or walk to dining and shopping options.

Totally agree. Have been to Ft Lauderdale 7 or 8 times...the only time we used a car was when we drove down from Orlando, and then we turned in the car after checking in at our hotel. There really is very little need for a car for the average tourist/pre-cruise stay. Certainly a taxi/Uber will likely be a lot cheaper than $39/day parking plus the cost of the rental.

Newfie Girl - out of curiosity, what Fort Lauderdale is now charging $39 for parking and $50 resort fees per night? Know that may help future cruisers cross that hotel off their list.

Most of the more budget minded hotels frequently recommended do not charge resort fees. Higher end properties and actual resort properties typically charge something although $50 does seem high. As said before, I would look at total cost rather than ruling out a hotel just because of a fee (just like I would ignore the free shuttle and free breakfast that some people focus on).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are traveling from Newfoundland and even in April we can have nasty snow storms so we need to get to Florida a few days in advance. My biggest nightmare would be missing an entire cruise for 4 people because of we got stuck in a snow storm. We like to drive around, might even venture down to Key West for the day...

flying in a few days early is smart.

Key West for the day from FLL will take you about 4+ hours each way if the traffic is good -- that's not a day trip. :(

What hotel is showing you $39 for parking plus resort fees? :confused:

flying in a few days early is smart.

Key West for the day from FLL will take you about 4+ hours each way if the traffic is good -- that's not a day trip. :(

What hotel is showing you $39 for parking plus resort fees? :confused:

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, it was $42.00 per night for parking and $33.00 per night for resort fees. My error, it will be $75 US which is $95 Canadian at today rate (and it looks like the exchange is getting worse).

Since you have the car and plan on driving around, I'd look at chains in Dania Beach or near Hollywood and drive to the beach. You'll save on room rate and parking will be included. You'll be only 10-15 min. from a beach here.

Paying for a resort on Ft.L beach when you have a car...bad value for a family.

Edited by eandj

We haven't been to FLL yet (our cruise leaves in June), but I booked the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the Beach for my family of four. It is literally on the beach. I love a smaller hotel and this one gets great ratings on Trip Advisor. It has a restaurant and a bar with a tiny pool, but we're there for the beach before our cruise.

We are driving to Florida so have a car, so location wasn't a concern for us. It has free parking, but does charge $25 resort fee.

I hope that helps!