Quai-Evil review Celebrity Equinox Eastern Med Feb 17-24-my .02

Tommy3putts

Really enjoying the review...looks like lots of fun & great weather...we were booked but had to cancel due to an unexpected health issue, gives us something to look forward to next year, thanks for sharing!

Love your pictures :):) I love San Juan. Your pictures make me want to hop on a plane and go.

Wow. Thank you both. Another “busy” beach day tomorrow in St Kitts, then two sea days. I’ll get caught up then. Will try to keep providing random pics along the way.

Cheers

Wow. Thank you both. Another “busy” beach day tomorrow in St Kitts, then two sea days. I’ll get caught up then. Will try to keep providing random pics along the way.

Cheers

Enjoying your review and photos! My son and girlfriend are on that cruise too. Weather looks great! When you disembark my sister and I will board. Love the photos of San Juan. My husband and I will be back on the Summit in October and look forward to San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoying your review and photos! My son and girlfriend are on that cruise too. Weather looks great! When you disembark my sister and I will board. Love the photos of San Juan. My husband and I will be back on the Summit in October and look forward to San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it’s a great cruise and great staff.

Enjoyed our afternoon and evening in SJ. More details later.

Thanks

T3P

Enjoying your review &pics. Barstool hog. Love it:') I guess we must create another acronym for this lol. Cheers!

Does this means you jump from bed about 6am and throw your suit coat over your favorite bar stool knowing you'll be back in 12 to 15 hours to ensure it's yours upon your return??? Brilliant!!! Will have to remember this trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this means you jump from bed about 6am and throw your suit coat over your favorite bar stool knowing you'll be back in 12 to 15 hours to ensure it's yours upon your return??? Brilliant!!! Will have to remember this trick.

It is brilliant!

Suit Coat!?!? I ain’t got not stinkin’ suit coat. Only cut-off shorts, tank top and flipflop. Dual use. Save barstool in the AM; chic wear in MDR at night.

Great day at Cockelshell beach. Headed back to Equinox shortly. Much catching up to do over the next two days at sea.

Here is an appetizer 3e1cb619280d7e802f54ccf2611582b0.jpg

a759fce1ae94ba515a75a73e55761f69.jpg

New drinkin’ buddy

7169dc503174b03e3949f56efe0e42ea.jpg

Ciao for now

FLASHBACK—Day 3 San Juan 3:30 arrival

We had a great day. No planned excursions. Instead we walked to Castillo San Felipe del Morro and then wandered in old San Juan followed by dinner at Raices restaurant. Sail away was scheduled for 11:30, but we actually left around 11:15.

We had a great day in SJ. No noticeable/visable after effects of Irma in Old SJ. That area seemed vibrant and the people were happy to see us. Let’s hope the remainder of PR can recover as well as old SJ.

Here are a few more pics

As for the walk to Castillo San Felipe it’s about a 20-30 minute uphill walk. Easily doable for those w/o mobility issues. It’s $7.00 per day entry and open until 6:00 pm

We enjoyed Raices. Great Mofongo and seafood and close to the cruise port

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castillo_San_Felipe_del_Morro

4e3a728badc0bc1de741012c92f15ecd.jpg

5e5829eb97ae3ef898f6a0d547d97b81.jpg

f0b232f9978846f7030209f9485d8f73.jpg

cdd3343c53717851d6f537258802757b.jpg

FLASHBACK Day 5- St Maarten 9:00-6:00

This was our first visit (main reason i booked the cruise). We had no firm plans on which beach we would do, but given the limited beaches that were ready we decided to avoid the crowds that would be at the beaches near the port and go to Mullet Bay Beach (the other side of the airport). We had a great enjoyable day. Not crowded and we had Cheap Beer and reasonably priced food.

NOTE: In interests of full disclosure. There are no permanent structures here. Do not expect beach bars and restaurants. That’s not here. What is here are friendly people serving food and beer under tents. There are picnic tables and plenty of beach chairs.

ALSO NOTE AND PLAN for traffic. It was horrible both ways. It took an hour to get to the beach and almost an hour and a half back. It’s $9 USD pp.

We were fortunate enough to be invited to sail away on the bow. My first time up there. Very cool.

IRMA-

Irma was definitely a mean old lady to SXM. So sad in many ways. But they are bouncing back. The majority of the homes on the hillsides survived virtually unscathed. The towns and hotels are an entirely different matter. Most of the major hotels suffered catastrophic damage and haven’t been touched while waiting insurance settlements. The tourist area restaurants are all still closed. Many boats and expensive yachts haven’t been touched.

The cruise calls to SXM are making a difference. The people are so happy to see us. But alas they need the longer stay visitors to come to the hotels and eat at the restaurants. This probably wont happen for a year or more. They are stuck in a vicious circle.

For those going there soon, please go but manage your expectations. They are still hurting. The insurance companies and Dutch Government’s failure to help— on the Dutch side anyway—-is borderline criminal (my .02).

I took some pics of the damage but decided not to share here. There are plenty to see in the CC SXM forum.

fb74859b717b72f7d7695d3ad8b26432.jpg

4294bb50573bf0b4b398983073452e12.jpg

10cdb6f6bdf3c33b7998989a69c2ee15.jpg

7a451535f47fd48796624f09eda51c52.jpg

14a2473c1805aa28ca55de8f62e7fdc8.jpg

Boats been rockin literally and figuratively. Wind is better but we’ve been moving. Not bad tho and not impacting a busy sea day up top]

I love a good sea day and LOVE it when the seas are a little rough. Makes for some great naps! Hahaha!

Boats been rockin literally and figuratively. Wind is better but we’ve been moving. Not bad tho and not impacting a busy sea day up top]

I love a good sea day and LOVE it when the seas are a little rough. Makes for some great naps! Hahaha!

So true. I was napping all day on my barstool at the Sunset Bar 🤪

So true. I was napping all day on my barstool at the Sunset Bar 🤪

Tommy, your martini bar idea is so great (flip flop, book, etc), that I just may try it when I'm onboard in 2 weeks... I'll have to let you know how it goes :)

Maybe we can get engraved flip flops that say "reserved for ... "

Steve

Tommy, your martini bar idea is so great (flip flop, book, etc), that I just may try it when I'm onboard in 2 weeks... I'll have to let you know how it goes :)

Maybe we can get engraved flip flops that say "reserved for ... "

Steve

Now there’s an idea!

This review is making me soooo sad. I miss the Equinox! I miss the crew and the service. IMPECCABLE. Thank you for the great pics!

Thanks.

Sadly we starting our last day at sea. This time tomorrow I’ll be getting off.

Yes Equinox is a great ship more of my .02 about the ship later. Pics too!

FLASHBACK—Day 5 St Kitts 8:30-4:30

Our first visit tom St K. This turned out to be the unexpected highlight of our trip. We will go back! My wife and brother did the ship sponsored zip line and the rest of our group went to Jamaica Beach Club at Cockelshell Bay.

It’s about a 20-30 minute can/van ride from port. $7pp. The beach club was a tad pricey but we loved it.

7cf1b078866b87289894a297fbaae381.jpgd70c71783e97339e4cb2cc114b80f9b2.jpg1b11400232af7b4b409b67f02036d90e.jpgcd76fb2bcd2ad97383a559dba970811a.jpg