Aqua class room bubbly?

ROYALBOY

Don’t really like the complimentary bubbly in Aqua Class. Can you request a Zinfandel or a Moscato from the room steward?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The bubbly is cheap stuff and not a fair exchange. Some have exchanged but I don't know what they got

Our first experience in AQ on Reflection 4 years ago we were able to take the sparkling wine to Blu and exchange it for a Pinot Grigio.

Our last three AQ cruises we had the Premium package so didn't bother trying to swap out the sparkling wine.

We've found that if you bring it to dinner, the sommelier will either give you a $28 credit towards another bottle of wine...or they will replace it with a house red or white wine. Of course, your experience may differ.....it's probably up to the individual sommelier.

Others have just asked their cabin steward if they can exchange the wine...and I guess sometimes that works.

Just keep in mind that this is a benefit of booking your cabin...and there is no official policy that allows you to exchange it....you are asking for a favor....

Just a note to AQ cruisers. They know longer put the bubbly stuff (calling it Champagne would be an insult to anything from Champagne) in your cabin. Now, you must specifically request it from your cabin steward. Since we always have a drink package we do not even bother...since we can get better things to drink by simply using our drink package.

Hank

Just a note to AQ cruisers. They know longer put the bubbly stuff (calling it Champagne would be an insult to anything from Champagne) in your cabin. Now, you must specifically request it from your cabin steward. Since we always have a drink package we do not even bother...since we can get better things to drink by simply using our drink package.

Hank

I noticed yesterday on the X site they are now calling it sparkling wine at long last

Last time I tried to exchange the "champagne" for a still wine, I got a lot of grief in the MDR. I got the $28 credit. I selected a still wine that was $35. Then they tried to put 18% on top of the $35, not the $7 difference. Rip off

Then they tried to charge me an additional corkage fee because I brought their bottle to the MDR. We undid the transaction.

Hank

We were in Aqua in October and the bubbly was in our cabin when we returned from the muster drill. So like every other policy on Celebrity, that one is hit or miss too.

Last time I tried to exchange the "champagne" for a still wine, I got a lot of grief in the MDR. I got the $28 credit. I selected a still wine that was $35. Then they tried to put 18% on top of the $35, not the $7 difference. Rip off

Then they tried to charge me an additional corkage fee because I brought their bottle to the MDR. We undid the transaction.

As I said in my earlier post, I suspect they aren't officially supposed to do any exchange so anything can happen. I've never been asked to pay a corkage fee for the celebrity provided sparkling wine. On the other hand, they sell less expensive bottles of wine in the buffet area at lunch and if you bring those to the MDR, they do charge a corkage fee...so there is some precedence. Charging the tip on the full amount is a little annoying, but consider that you are still getting that bottle of wine you might enjoy for $13 or so.