Hot Glass Show to become a hot glass lassroom.

Poconolady

Just looked at their website. Wow, it looks and sounds great! I will definitely be signing up next time we're on one of the three ships. I will miss Corning Hot Glass, but I did see probably 50 shows and I am proud owner of a huge (14" wide) beautiful bowl that I won on one of their raffles. I figured they'd put in the Lawn Club Grill but this is going to be more fun. Wonder if they'll also do shows and sell pieces?

Just looked at their website. Wow, it looks and sounds great! I will definitely be signing up next time we're on one of the three ships. I will miss Corning Hot Glass,Lawn Club Grill but this is going to be more fun. Wonder if they'll also do shows and sell pieces?

I think this experience is a whole lot better than another eating venue.

Last night I informed my husband and he's onboard (no pun intended), but even if he wasn't I'm all over this!! I'll know next month.

For those that like glass blowing

https://www.glassacademy.com/hot-glass-cold-beer/

Then join this Mug Club that includes a mug form there

http://dearbornbrewing.com/209-2

After taking a tour of Greeenfield Village at the Henry Ford and making your own flower

https://www.thehenryford.org/current-events/calendar/glass-blowing-make-a-pulled-flower/

Or else I am sure that there are many places closer that offer the same. We have a few glass blowing studios and those places above are within 3 miles of each other.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were on the Equinox last August and thought the hot glass show was really cool. However, it was pointed out during the show that there are a ton of people whose only reason to cruise was to be on the ships with the hot glass show and that they collector the pieces made there. Heck, the glass experts and the collector passengers seemed to know each other by name! I don't mean to sound snarky, but it seemed kinda convenient that even though the "auction" at the end for the pieces was supposedly random, the collectors seemed to be the ones always winning. Now that they're discontinuing the shows, I suppose these people will have to find other ways to fill up their collections. LOL.

... but it seemed kinda convenient that even though the "auction" at the end for the pieces was supposedly random, the collectors seemed to be the ones always winning. Now that they're discontinuing the shows, I suppose these people will have to find other ways to fill up their collections. LOL.

Auctions (I'm assuming they're not blind) work like that collectors win them because they are prepared to out bid the people hoping to bag a deal.

Auctions (I'm assuming they're not blind) work like that collectors win them because they are prepared to out bid the people hoping to bag a deal.

And I can assure you (I suppose unless they really overtly cheated...like palming cards), that the "drawings" that took place at the event were totally random...They handed out tickets (2 part tickets, one part to you, the matching part into the drawing pot), and just drew out numbers until they had given out pieces (had to be present to win).

They could have handed out pieces to people without anybody else knowing...but the drawings were random...and the auctions were just like regular auctions...high bidder wins.

Looks interesting... but we prefer being spectators with professionals doing the work, esp at something that could be dangerous, esp on a ship.

Just watched a car carrier and some of the cars burn up on I 75 Sarasota Fl, ..fire is scary!

We are due to sail on the Equinox next week. The app shows this on schedule! 🕺🏻

Apparently I can't post photos from the app. Anyhow day 6 shows the hot glass show scheduled from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm with no charge

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm very disappointed in this. I love the hot glass show and it is one of the reasons I continued to book on the three ships that had the shows. I've asked Hollywood Hot Glass if they will continue to have shows though out the cruise like CMOG did. Hopefully they will reply, unlike Celebrity...

Last weekend I took a hot glass class, and I can tell you that you can learn very little in 20 mins. I think your participation will probably be selecting colors, and blowing on the pipe, but I doubt you will actually "gather" the glass and work it in any meaningful way.