? On library internet on Royal

pa247

You will still be better off buying the least expensive package even for just one login per day. Pay as you go is 75 cents per minute. And there is no such thing as just using a few minutes at a time on the Internet Center terminals. Without the cookies on your personal device it often takes several minutes just to open any e-mail or social media page. And the clock is always running, there is no working offline on the ship terminals.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the library Internet is free or pay as you go possibly? We don't need an Internet package as only need to log on two or three times for a couple of minutes over the 10 days.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No such thing as free internet with Princess. As Fishywood has mentioned, just buy the cheapest package available but make sure to go on at non peak times to avoid eating up all your minutes with slow response times.

BTW if you just want to send messages home you can use the Princess E-Cards for FREE on their Internet Café computers that give you so many characters to type a message and send back home. They have a few different cards to choose from.

What is "Library Internet" ? I have cruised a lot with Princess and I have not heard that term. Are you trying to relate it to internet at home using a computer in a public library?

On some of the ships the Internet Cafe and the ship's library are in the same room.

Thank you for all the replies. I like the idea of the Starbucks or McDonald's, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I guess because I never go to either of them.

Also, didn't know about the ecards so that is great!

Depending on your itinerary, your home plan may allow you to use your own data/devices in port. Thinking specifically of St Thomas, which is a US Territory.

And if you check beforehand with your carrier, there may be an add-on that doesn't cost too much that you can enable for a short period while traveling. Most recently (about 3 yrs ago) I did something like this with texts while on our own in Ireland. It wasn't expensive, but photos were so slow to load that we gave up sending them.

Be aware that the Princess internet at sea is VERY slow, especially during peak times. Go super early or late for faster speeds.

I have long given up on the e-card. Without exception every single one I have ever sent has ended up in the recipient's junk mailbox or spam folder. The card is sent as an attachment that even the most rudimentary filter interprets as unsafe. (Or as unsolicited advertising, which is technically true...