NCL Teen Club

Cruise mama3

We have 12 year old twins & we saw somewhere on the NCL website there are a couple of open teen evens that 12yr olds are allowed too. Did not say what they are though online. It said something like the realize 12yr olds are at the older end of their age group and verging on being teens, so they allow them to join a couple of events in the teen club. We are leaving on 03/27/18 so will be asking when we board, as our girls do not want to be with the kids 2-3yrs younger than them. I am guessing it is things like video game times etc. Our girls were happy to hear this.

We have 12 year old twins & we saw somewhere on the NCL website there are a couple of open teen evens that 12yr olds are allowed too. Did not say what they are though online. It said something like the realize 12yr olds are at the older end of their age group and verging on being teens, so they allow them to join a couple of events in the teen club. We are leaving on 03/27/18 so will be asking when we board, as our girls do not want to be with the kids 2-3yrs younger than them. I am guessing it is things like video game times etc. Our girls were happy to hear this.

This has been mentioned here before, I think they let them use the club for a little bit maybe. I’ve had a few 12 year olds on NCL, never heard of this before CC. Your kids will be with 10, 11, and 12 year olds.

There is a time during the cruise when younger kids get to "take over" the teen club for a few hours. When this happens, the teens are not in there with them. It's closed to teens while the 10 to 12 age group uses that club, so there is NO intermingling.

I found this on the website: If a 12 year old is registered for Splash Academy, it is understood that 12 year olds need special attention and programs; therefore the Dolphins Youth Counselors offer more mature games/theme nights and schedule Entourage Take-Overs allowing the Dolphins to enjoy the lounge, video games, air hockey, foosball, music videos and much more.

In addition, whether registered for Splash Academy or not, the 12 year olds are invited to attend some of the Teen Counselor hosted activities* that take place outside of the Entourage Teen Lounge.

*These activities are not part of the Dolphin drop off program and the 12 year olds can come and go as they please. Please check with the Teen Counselor for activities and time slots.

I found this on the website: If a 12 year old is registered for Splash Academy, it is understood that 12 year olds need special attention and programs; therefore the Dolphins Youth Counselors offer more mature games/theme nights and schedule Entourage Take-Overs allowing the Dolphins to enjoy the lounge, video games, air hockey, foosball, music videos and much more.

In addition, whether registered for Splash Academy or not, the 12 year olds are invited to attend some of the Teen Counselor hosted activities* that take place outside of the Entourage Teen Lounge.

*These activities are not part of the Dolphin drop off program and the 12 year olds can come and go as they please. Please check with the Teen Counselor for activities and time slots.

I forgot about that stuff, since it's not associated with the clubs, but rather simply activities on the ship that appeal to more than one age. That's why they say it's outside of the clubs and doesn't matter whether or not one is registered for a club. So yeah, the kids can obviously intermingle when not doing club stuff. I guess that goes without saying. haha

Found it... taken from NCL website, under FAQ for Kids clubs...

"If a 12 year old is registered for Splash Academy, it is understood that 12 year olds need special attention and programs; therefore the Dolphins Youth Counselors offer more mature games/theme nights and schedule Entourage Take-Overs allowing the Dolphins to enjoy the lounge, video games, air hockey, foosball, music videos and much more. In addition, whether registered for Splash Academy or not, the 12 year olds are invited to attend some of the Teen Counselor hosted activities* that take place outside of the Entourage Teen Lounge.

*These activities are not part of the Dolphin drop off program and the 12 year olds can come and go as they please. Please check with the Teen Counselor for activities and time slots. The schedule may vary per ship and itinerary."

WHOOPS, SORRY, DIDN'T SEE SOMEONE ELSE POSTED THIS!!

So it makes it sound like the teens would be present during the 'teen counselor hosted activities'.... I think?!!

Edited by NJsharon
repeat

WHOOPS, SORRY, DIDN'T SEE SOMEONE ELSE POSTED THIS!!

So it makes it sound like the teens would be present during the 'teen counselor hosted activities'.... I think?!!

Yes, because as it says, those are not club activities. Those are activities that are open to anyone, whether or not they are registered to the clubs, and they do not take place in the clubs.

There is no mixing of younger kids in the teen club with the teens, which was the OP’s question.