Hotel suggestions and areas for pre-cruise Ft Lauderdale

1westover

I have read many reviews and do not have a designated area to overnight prior to a cruise. Would appreciate some clarification of what areas to confirm a hotel and some suggestions. Not familiar with the area.

Looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel, shuttles would be nice, but not a must.

We will not have a car, some choices for dinner would be good, along with a grocery or wine shop.

Thank you so much.

We have stayed at both the Renaissance Hotel and the Hilton Marina Hotel, both on 17th St. Both very nice, and right across from the port. You can watch the ships pull in early the morning of your cruise from your hotel window. Both hotels have restaurants, but there are plenty of options available all down this street. There is even a CVS across the street for last minute items that you may need.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here are the 4/5 star hotels:

Renaisance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port: 1617 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (954) 626-1700

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center: 1851 SE 10th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (954) 763-7670

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa: 3030 Holiday Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (954) 525-4000

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale: 1 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 954) 465-2300

Best Restaurants: 3030 Ocean, Market 17, Steak 954

I have read many reviews and do not have a designated area to overnight prior to a cruise. Would appreciate some clarification of what areas to confirm a hotel and some suggestions. Not familiar with the area.

Looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel, shuttles would be nice, but not a must.

We will not have a car, some choices for dinner would be good, along with a grocery or wine shop.

Thank you so much.

If only one night. Go to,Hotwire and look. You can put in star level, area, breakfast, etc. I use it often for 1-2 night stays. Will save you money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Embassy Suites has always worked well for us - Full disclosure, with my Hilton Honors level due to work travel, I rarely have to pay to stay at a Hilton property. The location is convenient to a shopping center for last minute sundries and plenty of restaurants nearby. It takes longer to get through the traffic lights near the port entrance than it does for the ride. They have a shuttle (fee) but Uber/Lyft or taxi is more convenient and generally much cheaper Enjoy, we will be there March 31.

Dan

The Pier 66 is no longer a Hyatt. I stayed there just after Thanksgiving and felt a major difference. To be truthful, part of the lack was not being able to stay in a tower room and not being able to enjoy the views That area wasn't open yet because of hurricane damage.

DD and I stayed at the Embassy Suites last summer and were not impressed. Room was just okay. Hotel was crowded and there were screaming children running around the inside terraces. Security finally corralled them. Guess we hit it on a bad night.

It has been a while since we sailed from FLL. We have enjoyed many destinations, but for some reason, this choice has not been easy.

As I have worked difference websites, including Hilton Honors, ratings and rates vary, information elaborates about location and it can be frustrating. It is just one night, but there are certain items we need to get in our short time there.

I do appreciate your input and love that Total Wine is in the area. Perfect!!

Thanks again.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for one night pre-cruise last week (also using Hilton points). It was fine, but does seem to have gone downhill a bit since our last stay a few years ago. Definitely not 4 or 5 star but perfectly OK for a night. As others have noted, lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. We passed on the Manager's happy hour (free Bud, Bud Light, and cheap wine) and instead Ubered to the Beach area for dinner. That was much more interesting and entertaining. Wide variety of restaurant options from which to choose, and several better hotels (at often significantly higher prices due to beach proximity).

The Pier 66 is no longer a Hyatt. I stayed there just after Thanksgiving and felt a major difference. To be truthful, part of the lack was not being able to stay in a tower room and not being able to enjoy the views That area wasn't open yet because of hurricane damage.

Wow. Good to know. I didn't even know about that. Sad news for us as we really liked this hotel.