Bringing on your own Champagne and spirits?

Little Rascal

Can you bring on your own champagne and spirits? Beer and wine are included with meals only? Any suggestions on where to buy alcohol in Stockholm?

Answering your first two questions - (1) Yes. You can purchase wine for ex and bring it with you to a meal and they will gladly open and pour it for you even. Ditto for beer. Or you can drink it in your cabin (ask the steward for glasses and corkscrew if you can’t find one them in your cabin). Viking is pretty loose about this. Tradition carried over from Viking River. (2) yes - meals only. And as much as you want although perhaps not so much with Chefs Table

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Answering your first two questions - (1) Yes. You can purchase wine for ex and bring it with you to a meal and they will gladly open and pour it for you even. Ditto for beer. Or you can drink it in your cabin (ask the steward for glasses and corkscrew if you can’t find one them in your cabin). Viking is pretty loose about this. Tradition carried over from Viking River. (2) yes - meals only. And as much as you want although perhaps not so much with Chefs Table

If you want more of any wine at Chef's Table, all you have to do is ask. Just keep in mind that there will be a wine served with each course.

Viking is very laid back about what you bring on board and about where you drink it. You do not have to hide your BYO if you are consuming it in a public venue and if you need a glass or two, just ask. No need to hide it in a sippy cup and pretend it is water. No corkage fees in the dining rooms. Your steward will get you whatever you for your cabin --glasses, ice, etc. There is room in your mini-fridge to store a couple of bottles --and, btw, that is where they hide the corkscrew.

I can't tell you where to buy alcohol in Stockholm but I have heard that it is expensive. You may wish to consider buying a couple of bottles in the duty-free shop. Trip Advisor or the Ports of Call forum here on CC may be a better place to learn more (bigger audience=more answers). Northern Europe & Baltic Sea

Finally, as garycarla suggested, there are a number of existing threads threads that cover BYO, most of them are part of the discussion on the Silver Spirits package. Go back to the Viking Ocean page and just scan the list of topics.

If you want more of any wine at Chef's Table, all you have to do is ask. Just keep in mind that there will be a wine served with each course.

Viking is very laid back about what you bring on board and about where you drink it. You do not have to hide your BYO if you are consuming it in a public venue and if you need a glass or two, just ask. No need to hide it in a sippy cup and pretend it is water. No corkage fees in the dining rooms. Your steward will get you whatever you for your cabin --glasses, ice, etc. There is room in your mini-fridge to store a couple of bottles --and, btw, that is where they hide the corkscrew.

I can't tell you where to buy alcohol in Stockholm but I have heard that it is expensive. You may wish to consider buying a couple of bottles in the duty-free shop. Trip Advisor or the Ports of Call forum here on CC may be a better place to learn more (bigger audience=more answers). Northern Europe & Baltic Sea

Finally, as garycarla suggested, there are a number of existing threads threads that cover BYO, most of them are part of the discussion on the Silver Spirits package. Go back to the Viking Ocean page and just scan the list of topics.

Thanks for building on my post. I’m sitting in a meeting being driven crazy and using this as a way to give me a mental break from it. So my answers are brief. [emoji4]

Plus you could go to the World Cafe and just ask for wine or beer "to go" during meal hours. We would do that...there are a few drink stations and we'd just ask..they would give us a couple of glasses, whatever we wanted. Then we'd take them to the show or the lounge. We had a bottle or two that we bought in port and brought back (we were on a 3 week cruise). Only problem I had was that I couldn't work the corkscrew in the minibar. It was not a wing one, it was different..a waiter's corkscrew maybe? I had to ask my cabin steward to help me. Next time, I'll bring a wing one! We did bring champagne that we bought for sailaway and that was no problem...no corkscrew needed!:):):)

Maybe things have changed but last year on the Viking Star there was included champagne at lunch in the world cafe.. on the river cruises there is champagne for breakfast too.

It depends. Sometimes they serve champagne for special things. For ex if you were in the Explorer Lounge while entering the Panama Canal last month on the Sky, waiters were running about with trays of mimosas and champagne. They also had free beer (with suitable food) for those who were watching the NFL quarterfinals. When we were doing the Grand European Tour in 2014, I don't recall champagne at breakfast. Maybe we'll see that this summer on France's Finest. 🥂

Can you bring on your own champagne and spirits? Beer and wine are included with meals only? Any suggestions on where to buy alcohol in Stockholm?

I always bring me bottle of Suntory Zamazaki 1984 Japanese Single Malt Whisky onboard. No problem.

Good luck. And enjoy your cruise.