RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Have to report back the past two nights in dl and cl. With over 400 d and 180 d+ the crowds habe died down.

In the cl there were seats at 4:45 pm and again at 5:40pm when I stopped by for a drink on the way down to mdr.

In thr Dl seats were available at 4:50pm. When I left at 535 there were quiet a few seats. Seems like a lot of people were grabbing 2 drinks and sitting in olive and twist.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have to report back the past two nights in dl and cl. With over 400 d and 180 d+ the crowds habe died down.

In the cl there were seats at 4:45 pm and again at 5:40pm when I stopped by for a drink on the way down to mdr.

In thr Dl seats were available at 4:50pm. When I left at 535 there were quiet a few seats. Seems like a lot of people were grabbing 2 drinks and sitting in olive and twist.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, it appears that that only a small percentage of D+ go for the CL. Not sure of exact number of seats but certainly not much over 30. So maybe only a few really want the FREE booze or are using the drinks on SeaPass card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know there were over 500 cruisers had in excess of 15 HSR cruises, all 7 nighters. Many were frequent Royal cruisers as well.

We had conversations prior to the cruise and during the cruise regarding the lack of C&A perks on this cruise. This was the first full ship Charter. In the past, they enjoyed Freedom as a partial Charter

Less than 200 cruisers didn’t have the package. It was a drinking cruise.

Many frequent cruisers were upset regarding the lack of perks. We both had drink packages and could get booze in the DL/DL with our SeaPass. The most people we saw at any given time was about 8 in either lounge. We had only 1 P onboard and they would show up each evening.

HSR has a FB page were all could see the complaints.

I still believe you take away the FREE booze and many people will not show up.

There was really no ships entertainment. A couple of bands were brought onboard by the Charter. Events did occur after dinner hours. Mostly for Charity and drawings. Split between the theater , pool deck, and Star Lounge

I don't see any C&A complaints, just dining complaints and ship size complaints due to being on a different size ship than people are used to having. You said all but 200 passengers had a drink package since this a drinking cruise. If free booze was so important to this group, then they wouldn't have purchased packages. They paid for what they wanted and they stayed where they could get every drink they wanted.

I don't see any C&A complaints, just dining complaints and ship size complaints due to being on a different size ship than people are used to having. You said all but 200 passengers had a drink package since this a drinking cruise. If free booze was so important to this group, then they wouldn't have purchased packages. They paid for what they wanted and they stayed where they could get every drink they wanted.

Probably many would not have purchased packages if the lounges operated as normal. The charter company wanted it that way is my understanding

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

Cruisers wore arm bands based on the number of HSR cruises they had been on. It was easy to spot those with 10/15/ and 19 HSR. They also gave everyone a lanyard for their SeaPass.

It has been our experience with the exception of Freedom, the CL Bar will attempt to make you any drink you want if you have the package (excluding frozen drinks).

My opinion remains that it’s the FREE booze that attracts the majority of cruisers to the Status Lounges.

Your looking at the wrong site. There is another site that was only for the last cruise. Only the Admin May start posts on the main site.

Probably many would not have purchased packages if the lounges operated as normal. The charter company wanted it that way is my understanding

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree with the above statement. When several of us discussed this with the Charter prior to booking and after and before the cruise, it changed. We were told Royal required so much in Alcohol sales ($) from the Charter. The Charter also raised the price of the packages and the drinks onboard.

We saw more people in the CL in the morning for coffee and treats than at anytime in the evenings.

Cruisers wore arm bands based on the number of HSR cruises they had been on. It was easy to spot those with 10/15/ and 19 HSR. They also gave everyone a lanyard for their SeaPass.

It has been our experience with the exception of Freedom, the CL Bar will attempt to make you any drink you want if you have the package (excluding frozen drinks).

My opinion remains that it’s the FREE booze that attracts the majority of cruisers to the Status Lounges.

It might, none of us really knows, it is just speculation. We aren't big drinkers and typically will use our drinks at the Schooner Bar, if at all. We will go to the DL if we know someone from a rollcall is going to be there but otherwise, not a big draw for us. We don't get into the loyalty games and have heard enough of the loud, "I have more cruises than you people", just like you see on this thread.

No thanks, we will do our thing and if we decide that includes the DL on any given night, you might see us in there.

It might, none of us really knows, it is just speculation. We aren't big drinkers and typically will use our drinks at the Schooner Bar, if at all. We will go to the DL if we know someone from a rollcall is going to be there but otherwise, not a big draw for us. We don't get into the loyalty games and have heard enough of the loud, "I have more cruises than you people", just like you see on this thread.

No thanks, we will do our thing and if we decide that includes the DL on any given night, you might see us in there.

Your correct, clearly speculation on my part.

Look at my Scope I posted from Brilliance. Take away the FREE booze and very few people show up.

On that cruise, their was no FREE booze in the DL or CL.

OK, so either you periscoped it at a time outside of the happy hour, or it was a charter. Either way, what is the point. The only reason the DL or CL are full is because you can get a free drink. I didn’t realize this was up for debate. OK you win. People like free drinks. DUH>>>>. Whatever....

JC:eek::halo::evilsmile:

At least you won't have to be concerned with over crowding in the DS land yacht while enjoying your nightly cocktails and enjoying the Key West sunsets. :wine-glass::cocktail::beer-mug::whiskey-glass: Did you notice how I kind of stayed on topic.

Yes, you did a fantabulous job staying on topic! :cool: The only crowds I have to deal with during cocktail hour in the Keys is my cat trying to take up all the room on my foot stool. ;p

OK, so either you periscoped it at a time outside of the happy hour, or it was a charter. Either way, what is the point. The only reason the DL or CL are full is because you can get a free drink. I didn’t realize this was up for debate. OK you win. People like free drinks. DUH>>>>. Whatever....

JC:eek::halo::evilsmile:

Exactly this ^ :cool:

Free drinks bring in social hour, happy birds of a feather, who drink together and share stories. :D