Internet Package -- Please tell me there is more than just "unlimited"

Z'Loth

I'm planning on taking a cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in August. In the cruise planner, I see that there is a unlimited package.... for $244. :o

:eek:

:(

You can guess my answer to that offer is NO! Please tell me that they offer lower-priced packages. Please tell me that they offer lower-priced packages with small blocks of Internet. I don't need more than a hours worth of time. I work in the Internet industry. I want to get away from the Internet for 98% of my cruise, and if I really need the Internet, I can hit up a WiFi connection in the port.

0243648176b53e458b6a4868ad91f87c.jpg

This does seem the standard offer these days with the only difference being the unlimited cost that is dependent on the length of the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Internet prices are so expensive while cruising. I will just wait to get into ports, use free wifi or transfer my plan. In Canada we can bring our own plan that includes unlimited talk time, texting and data to all non-US Caribbean islands for only $10 a day or to any US Islands for $7 a day. For us this is by far the best alternative

Ugh. So there is no plan where you can just check your email for 15 minutes each day ????

I think the perk you get from being Elite member still work. And the perk from 3rd passenger in cabin with 45 min internet also worked.

0243648176b53e458b6a4868ad91f87c.jpg

This does seem the standard offer these days with the only difference being the unlimited cost that is dependent on the length of the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooh so can I take the 24hr package twice ie both my sea days?

Internet prices are so expensive while cruising. I will just wait to get into ports, use free wifi or transfer my plan. In Canada we can bring our own plan that includes unlimited talk time, texting and data to all non-US Caribbean islands for only $10 a day or to any US Islands for $7 a day. For us this is by far the best alternative

May I ask what carrier this is with?

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

we have the same in the UK except its all included within our package. I can use my phone across Europe and US and some others with no added fees, I'm on 3 Mobile

Hi,

You can purchase 250 minutes internet package for $99. Unlike the continuous 1 Hour or 24 Hour packages, you can use anytime until you use up the 250 minutes.

Jim

Is this available on celebrity. And fo you need to or can you buy in advance. Sometimes that is cheaper

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi we are with Telus :-) So for our 12 day Caribbean cruise in will cost me $91 on top of my existing plan way cheaper than doing internet on the ship !!

Hi we are with Telus :-) So for our 12 day Caribbean cruise in will cost me $91 on top of my existing plan way cheaper than doing internet on the ship !!

That's great! Thanks. I'll have to check my carrier to see if they have something similar. Way cheaper for sure! Happy cruising.

That's great! Thanks. I'll have to check my carrier to see if they have something similar. Way cheaper for sure! Happy cruising.

Most carriers in Canada have the same sort of plan...Happy Cruising to you as well :)

Is this available on celebrity. And fo you need to or can you buy in advance. Sometimes that is cheaper

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I booked through Celebrity for the first time, instead of the travel agent. I called my Celebrity "concierge" who said the only thing I could book in advance was the unlimited internet. He "assured" me there were packages I could book when I boarded the ship. I have to say, he did not instill much confidence. I was surprised (and disappointed that he could provide no information about what would be available. I understand not being able to book in advance but I would think Celebrity would know what pkgs are available.

BTW, when I first booked directed the Celebrity service was outstanding. Now ... not so much. This was a one and done.

If you have Verizon or AT&T, you can have them activate International Plan for Cruises. For AT&T they have a Talk only for $30 plan, Talk & Text $60 and Talk, Text Data $120. They do list Celebrity and others. It maybe a lot cheaper since you only want to check email than going through the Cruise line. Verizon also has a plan like the. I didn't check their prices.

If you have Verizon or AT&T, you can have them activate International Plan for Cruises. For AT&T they have a Talk only for $30 plan, Talk & Text $60 and Talk, Text Data $120. They do list Celebrity and others. It maybe a lot cheaper since you only want to check email than going through the Cruise line. Verizon also has a plan like the. I didn't check their prices.

That sounds good, but isn't the internet blocked on the ship ? I know the phone/text isn't but I thought the data was. I have Verizon. I can't imagine that anything Verizon provides is a "deal." :o

I'm just hoping I can buy minutes like I used to check my email every day without spending $187.

That sounds good, but isn't the internet blocked on the ship ? I know the phone/text isn't but I thought the data was. I have Verizon. I can't imagine that anything Verizon provides is a "deal." :o

I'm just hoping I can buy minutes like I used to check my email every day without spending $187.

I believe that's the data portion of the plan. I would ask them before signing up. If you have traveled with Celebrity before, they do provide discount coupons ( at least they did last year if you are a member of the Captain's Club) for the internet connection. But you can look at a different way, divide the days into the price to see if it beats the price for 1 24hr day usage.

Ugh. So there is no plan where you can just check your email for 15 minutes each day ????

There is a plan: every time you are in port, go to the nearest hotspot and check your email. Free. You might have to buy a coffee or beer to validate your use of the wifi.

I would rather spend my time ashore doing more interesting things than email, so my alternative before I retired was to tell people to send me emails as much as they wanted. I would look at them once back home. If there was an urgent problem only I could solve, then send me a text, I would find a hot spot or buy a one hour or 24-hour package and look at my email.

Stan

ooh so can I take the 24hr package twice ie both my sea days?

Hi,

You should consider the 250 minute package. Much better than the 24 hour packages - they are continuous whereas the 250 minute package allows you to use your minutes whenever you want.

Jim