Club class mini suites

jmpember

we booked our Panama Canal cruise quite awhile ago- March 6 sailing on theCoral.

When we booked there was not club class options. We booked a specific mini suite so we had control over which room and side we were on.

What is the benefit of a club class?

Do they offer upgrades?

Don't want to lose our booking perks by changing the reservation..

How much $$ difference is there?

Thoughts?? Is Medallion on the Coral?

we booked our Panama Canal cruise quite awhile ago- March 6 sailing on theCoral.

When we booked there was not club class options. We booked a specific mini suite so we had control over which room and side we were on.

What is the benefit of a club class?

https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on March 28. If Club Class was already set up on Coral, we didn't notice it. We wouldn't have missed it anyway. The dining room food on Coral was the best I've had in any ship on any cruise line in the last half dozen or more years. So was the omelets in Horizon Court. We had our welcome glass of champagne, which was fresh poured and chilled, delightful table companions at dinner and can't imagine what Club Class could have added.

Just to give you one cruiser's opinion.

And upgrades aren't as frequent as upsells, but they do exist, for all cabin categories.

Thoughts?? Is Medallion on the Coral?

You will enjoy doing the canal on Coral. Probably our favorite Princess ship (to date). To answer the specific question above: No. Coral is not yet equipped with medallion technology.

The only reason we booked a CC for our son and daughter in law was that it was her first cruise and she is known for seasickness. The CC mini's are center in the ship. Plus, since we had a suite, they could go to the MDR and eat with us in the space sectioned for suite rooms. Other than that, no real big benefit. But if you have seasickness, I would consider it.

We also booked a CC mini-suite because it's in the location we absolutely want.

Having the CC Dining is a plus since we always had to pay more for that mini-suite location anyway. It'll be nice to walk in and be seated immediately. :D

Is it just me or are we all not clear on the OP's situation:

Did they choose a specific mini-suite before Club Class was announced, and it was subsequently designated as Club Class?

Or did they choose a specific mini-suite they thought was the best available, but it has not been designated Club Class, so they are contemplating whether or not to change to one that has?

Hopefully the generally positive reviews on Club Class will help them make whichever decision may be on their minds. Though how much the price difference is between Club and non-Club minis (and again, which it is they have booked) is another factor that could be shared.

In many of the cruises I've priced you could eat at the specialty restaurant every night for less then the difference in price from a regular mini to a club class mini.

Sure you can. But that only accounts for dinner...CC includes all three meals daily (assuming the MDR is open for lunch, else it's two meals that day).

The only reason we booked a CC for our son and daughter in law was that it was her first cruise and she is known for seasickness. The CC mini's are center in the ship. Plus, since we had a suite, they could go to the MDR and eat with us in the space sectioned for suite rooms. Other than that, no real big benefit. But if you have seasickness, I would consider it.

There's no suite section in the MDR. If you book traditional dining in a full suite, just have any other guests link their booking to yours (regardless of cabin category) and they'll be at your table. If you book anytime dining, it's all dynamic seating. With the new CC/anytime dining, suites and CC minis are eligible; all others aren't, even if they're traveling with you.

Sure you can. But that only accounts for dinner...CC includes all three meals daily (assuming the MDR is open for lunch, else it's two meals that day).

Breakfast and lunch have never been a wait so I don't see any advantage there. The dining room is only open on sea days for lunch anyway. The menu is the same so I just don't see a significant value over CC VS a mini and just going to a specialty every night.

Breakfast and lunch have never been a wait so I don't see any advantage there. The dining room is only open on sea days for lunch anyway. The menu is the same so I just don't see a significant value over CC VS a mini and just going to a specialty every night.

There can be a wait if you don't want to share a table; CC takes care of that as most of the tables are smaller and they don't expect you to share. The service is also better - every time my wife ordered an egg-white omelet, in CC it arrived as egg whites, in coach class it arrived as whole eggs, and the other accompaniments were always delayed/forgotten in coach class.

• 6 months later...

Well who knew we would get our mini suite upgraded to club class two weeks before departure? How fortuitous of me!

We sailed on March 28. If Club Class was already set up on Coral, we didn't notice it. We wouldn't have missed it anyway. The dining room food on Coral was the best I've had in any ship on any cruise line in the last half dozen or more years. So was the omelets in Horizon Court. We had our welcome glass of champagne, which was fresh poured and chilled, delightful table companions at dinner and can't imagine what Club Class could have added.

Just to give you one cruiser's opinion.

And upgrades aren't as frequent as upsells, but they do exist, for all cabin categories.

The only reason we booked a CC for our son and daughter in law was that it was her first cruise and she is known for seasickness. The CC mini's are center in the ship. Plus, since we had a suite, they could go to the MDR and eat with us in the space sectioned for suite rooms.

There's no suite section in the MDR. If you book traditional dining in a full suite, just have any other guests link their booking to yours (regardless of cabin category) and they'll be at your table. If you book anytime dining, it's all dynamic seating. With the new CC/anytime dining, suites and CC minis are eligible; all others aren't, even if they're traveling with you.

dcl1710 was saying that since they are in a suite, they can eat in the Club Class section of the dining room. By putting the son and daughter in a Club Class mini, the four of them could eat together in that section.

We are Elite with Princess and always sail mid-ship mini-suites or the mini-suite directly adjacent to to the mid-ship area if mid-ship is all Club Class. To us, Club Class was not at all worth the extra money. Yes, the dining service is great and you sit in a special area of the main dining room but in actuality, all you receive for the extra money are two small bottles of wine. The one time we took Club Class we ate alone most nights because people trickled in at diner and sat by themselves as well. The most people for dinner at one time were usually less than 25 each night. Everything else is exactly the same as a mini-suite.

We are sailing the Royal in April for 28 days and are right next to the Club Class for a whole lot less money. We are sailing the Coral in September for 60 nights and the Club Class mini-suite right next to us costs thousands of dollars more for those two half bottles of wine. Same thing on the Coral next year for 19 nights and the Sapphire for 27 nights. We get the welcoming champagne and all the other benefits that Club Class gets except the wine and small dining area.

We are seasoned Princess cruisers and everyone enjoys different things. We feel Club Class is not worth the extra money.

Steve and Judy