Oriana venue to hold Meet and Greet

HELEN HENRY

Can anyone please suggest a venue where we can hold our meet and greet, wish to hold it on Sea day after leaving Southampton late January. Probably an indoor venue would be more suitable.Thanks for assistance in this matter.

If you contact P&O in Southampton they will organise it for you with the ship. I think it’s called Events at Sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you contact P&O in Southampton they will organise it for you with the ship. I think it’s called Events at Sea.

Good evening daiB, yes I know about Events at Sea because you assisted me several years ago when we posted on the old P&O Forum. I have arranged many meet and greet events but I was just wondering as a I have not been on Oriana for several years where would be the best place to request the venue to be held. But as you have suggested, good advice as usual, I will contact them and no doubt they will suggest and arrange a suitable venue. Thank you once again for your assistance

Pat AKA HelenHenry :)

In answer to your actual question however, I would suggest the Crows Nest or - if you want a 'private' venue - the adjacent Medina Room.

That’s where they usually put you but you cannot just meet on a ad hoc basis as it is used for other things.

Hello daiB and Britboys,

I thought that I had posted a reply to you both but unfortunately it seems to have jumped overboard.🤭

Thank you both very much for your assistance,I have actually sent an e-mail already to the Events Organiser Hannah and awaiting a reply.However, I did not request a specific venue because I have only been on Oriana twice before several years ago and joined Oriana in Sydney for a leg of the world cruise and needless to say no meet and greet was arranged for us little few embarking there. Yes Britboys the Crows Nest would be very suitable but have requested that P&O suggest and provide a suitable venue which will not interrupt or interfere with any other passengers activities. Dai you are are quite correct we can’t just turn up on an ad hoc basis.

Thank you both very much. Looking forward to the meet and greet wherever we end up😄

Pat

• 2 months later...

Hello.

Just wondering how you got on with your meet and mingle arrangements?

Did P&O arrange anything for you?

We're going in March 2018 and like you, we're hoping to meet some other passengers on board and have posted messages for a gathering on our first full day at sea in Andersons for a morning coffee.

Did many people turn up?

Hello.

Just wondering how you got on with your meet and mingle arrangements?

Did P&O arrange anything for you?

We're going in March 2018 and like you, we're hoping to meet some other passengers on board and have posted messages for a gathering on our first full day at sea in Andersons for a morning coffee.

Did many people turn up?

Hello, yes P&O did arrange to host a meet and greet for our roll call. It was scheduled for the first sea day at 11am in the Crows nest on Oriana.

However,first of all on the first sea day at 11am, 10 Roll Call members turned up,no sign of P&O staff tea,coffee or sandwiches to be seen. That particular venue also hosted various other groups who arranged to meet for different reasons such as Card game,knitting club etc.

We eventually found a place in the corner where the ten of us could sit. Quite disappointing.

The following day in the Horizon daily newspaper we noted that a meet and greet was scheduled for 11am in the Crows nest. Not sure if it was actually arranged for our group we did not attend. However,Bowlesbargain did show up and was shocked to see that the Captain and some other senior officers had turned up along with Tea,coffee,sandwiches and seemingly another four people who had not been posting on the roll call. Bowlesbargain explained that obviously there had been a dreadful mix up regarding day and date of venue.

May I also add that no one from Carnival had actually confirmed with myself what day and date the meet was scheduled to take place even though I had specifically stated our first sea day. May I also add that this is the first time in 16 years that there had been a mix up regarding dates and times. Please don’t let this put you off just ensure that you do receive confirmation from Carnival stating the exact day,date and venue.

Good luck and enjoy it is a lovely way to meet fellow cruisers.

Hello, yes P&O did arrange to host a meet and greet for our roll call. It was scheduled for the first sea day at 11am in the Crows nest on Oriana.

However,first of all on the first sea day at 11am, 10 Roll Call members turned up,no sign of P&O staff tea,coffee or sandwiches to be seen. That particular venue also hosted various other groups who arranged to meet for different reasons such as Card game,knitting club etc.

We eventually found a place in the corner where the ten of us could sit. Quite disappointing.

The following day in the Horizon daily newspaper we noted that a meet and greet was scheduled for 11am in the Crows nest. Not sure if it was actually arranged for our group we did not attend. However,Bowlesbargain did show up and was shocked to see that the Captain and some other senior officers had turned up along with Tea,coffee,sandwiches and seemingly another four people who had not been posting on the roll call. Bowlesbargain explained that obviously there had been a dreadful mix up regarding day and date of venue.

May I also add that no one from Carnival had actually confirmed with myself what day and date the meet was scheduled to take place even though I had specifically stated our first sea day. May I also add that this is the first time in 16 years that there had been a mix up regarding dates and times. Please don’t let this put you off just ensure that you do receive confirmation from Carnival stating the exact day,date and venue.

Good luck and enjoy it is a lovely way to meet fellow cruisers.

:):):)

Thank you for the info!

I had no idea that P & O did this even though it's quite normal for other cruise lines to arrange a meet and greet.

Can I ask how you went about arranging the gathering with P & O please?

Did you just post a notice here to let your fellow cruisers know about it?

Would you mind if I copied this info onto our roll call as I think it will be helpful and encouraging?

It would be very special if we actually met the Captain and other senior officers over a cuppa and a snack!

I can't wait!

Thanks

Annette :)

:):):)

Thank you for the info!

I had no idea that P & O did this even though it's quite normal for other cruise lines to arrange a meet and greet.

Can I ask how you went about arranging the gathering with P & O please?

Did you just post a notice here to let your fellow cruisers know about it?

Would you mind if I copied this info onto our roll call as I think it will be helpful and encouraging?

It would be very special if we actually met the Captain and other senior officers over a cuppa and a snack!

I can't wait!

Thanks

Annette, not to put a dampener on things but I have arranged a number of these events and getting senior staff there is not usual. Now I have heard a whisper that the intention is for this to happen more often but on Ventura when we had 40+ attendees we had no ships staff. On the other hand on Azura with only about 12 people the Captain and the hotel manager both turned up.

This could be down to the individual as in the second case it was Captain Camby who is very good at meeting passengers.

Annette, not to put a dampener on things but I have arranged a number of these events and getting senior staff there is not usual. Now I have heard a whisper that the intention is for this to happen more often but on Ventura when we had 40+ attendees we had no ships staff. On the other hand on Azura with only about 12 people the Captain and the hotel manager both turned up.

This could be down to the individual as in the second case it was Captain Camby who is very good at meeting passengers.

:D Perhaps I won't worry too much about it then!

A few of us have said that we'll meet in Anderson's between 11-11.30am for coffee.

It'll be nice to meet our travelling companions on our first day at sea but I'll keep my eye on the daily Horizon to see if any other meet and greets will be taking place.

And if the Captain or even a sandwich turns up it'll be a bonus! ;)

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes and happy sailing!

Annette

I am arranging a meet fir our March cruise so have been following this thread with interest. Following your advice daiB I have emailed P&O suggesting a possible venue and time and now as If their reply. I only hope it will be sd successful as the one you arranged in September on Azura. We weren't a large crowd but very enjoyable. Although I have attended many over the years, this is the first time for me to arrange one.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

I am arranging a meet fir our March cruise so have been following this thread with interest. Following your advice daiB I have emailed P&O suggesting a possible venue and time and now as If their reply. I only hope it will be sd successful as the one you arranged in September on Azura. We weren't a large crowd but very enjoyable. Although I have attended many over the years, this is the first time for me to arrange one.

Hi Jaywader.

Which cruise will you be going on in March?

Thanks

Annette

:D

Hi again Jaywader.

I've just seen your cruise - 25 nights - Southampton - Caribbean - Southampton.

How lucky are you!

That one is on our 'Must Do' list but not until we retire and our work commitments are behind us.

I'm sure you'll meet some lovely fellow passengers and have a wonderful time.

Happy sailing.

:D

Hi again Jaywader.

I've just seen your cruise - 25 nights - Southampton - Caribbean - Southampton.

How lucky are you!

That one is on our 'Must Do' list but not until we retire and our work commitments are behind us.

I'm sure you'll meet some lovely fellow passengers and have a wonderful time.

Happy sailing.

Thanks Annette..We are really looking forward to our cruise. Like you, we had to wait until retirement to enjoy the longer cruises. It was worth the wait. Hope to meet up someday on the high seas.

Janice

Thanks Annette..We are really looking forward to our cruise. Like you, we had to wait until retirement to enjoy the longer cruises. It was worth the wait. Hope to meet up someday on the high seas.

Janice

:D Lol Janice.

That might well be much sooner than you realise!

As well both be sailing from Southampton on 21st March!

We're cruising on Oriana to the Arctic Circle to hopefully see The Northern Lights.

It'll be quite an exciting and unusual cruise and our first cold holiday.

We've loved our Caribbean cruises and can't wait to follow your 25 night path one day.

With just 30 days until the off, we'll be packing very different clothes in our suitcases.

It would be a miracle if we did accidently bump into one another in Southampton so I'll take the opportunity to wish you a happy cruise with lots of fun in the sun!

Best wishes

:D Lol Janice.

That might well be much sooner than you realise!

As well both be sailing from Southampton on 21st March!

We're cruising on Oriana to the Arctic Circle to hopefully see The Northern Lights.

It'll be quite an exciting and unusual cruise and our first cold holiday.

We've loved our Caribbean cruises and can't wait to follow your 25 night path one day.

With just 30 days until the off, we'll be packing very different clothes in our suitcases.

It would be a miracle if we did accidently bump into one another in Southampton so I'll take the opportunity to wish you a happy cruise with lots of fun in the sun!

Best wishes

We will raise a glass as we set sail and wish you 'Bon Voyage'